Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So why does the LBW90 housing need to be so freakin' big?
Perhaps it's so big so that it can be used to store a 2 weeks supply of marshmallows and a can of beer inside of it, in case it is used for camping outdoors...in the wilderness...where food may be scarce. Then, when all the marshmallows and beer are gone, the camera doubles as a portable urinal so the camper can pee in the woods in a more civilized manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
At least yours is smaller than the dahua I ordered lol.

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bt9BpjM4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty much the same camera I ordered, just with additional audio and alarm cabling.
I'm not sure if it actually does 80m IR. I'll try to install one of them during the weekend, but that'll be at the driveway, which only needs around 15m IR.
Installing the one at the back of the house will take a lot longer, but there I have room to test the '80m' IR.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just so... damn... good!
Up until this distance though. Do we know the exact distance that this frame is from the camera? It starts to break down substantially right here. I don't recall how much external IR is being used in this scene though.

distance-request.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Up until this distance though. Do we know the exact distance that this frame is from the camera? It starts to break down substantially right here. I don't recall how much external IR is being used in this scene though.

View attachment 12641
Perhaps you need refresher on how good is Hikvision turret ;)

Anyway, this distance isn't realistic for most cams unless you add more light and resolution helps as well.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Anyway, this distance isn't realistic for most cams unless you add more light and resolution helps as well.
Well, that's kinda the thing bro...Longse rates the LBW90S500 IR at "90 meters"...but what I failed to realize is that those are Chinese Region meters, which are apparently 1/3 of a Western Region meter.

doh.gif

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, the tree on the right is reflecting pretty badly...test it in a wide space..

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps you need refresher on how good is Hikvision turret ;)

Anyway, this distance isn't realistic for most cams unless you add more light and resolution helps as well.
The IMX178 sensor is better than the Hiks, that's plain to see. I just recently had a theft in the neighborhood and was asked to provide evidence and unfortunately, the cam I was using was exactly 60 feet from the street the perps walked by. Also unfortunately, my camera visuals (ir illumination) broke down at right around 50 feet as well and couldn't make a positive ID on the perps. Had the ir went out to say 75 feet, I would have had a pretty good piece of evidence to present because the 60 feet would have been adequately covered.

The IR I was using was external (CM Vision IR130). The cam was Hik (Swann HD820). I bet if I would of had an IMX178 or greater in place, with the external IR, I may have gotten a good visual, but I don't know for certain.

So is that scene shot with only camera IR and no external IR like the IR130?

Curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good point. Come on over tomorrow and reinstall it for me...I'll ice up the Heineken.
I was gonna cut the tree...I guess moving the camera is an option as well...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The IMX178 is better than the Hik, that's plain to see. I just recently had a theft in the neighborhood and was asked to provide evidence and unfortunately, the cam I was using was exactly 60 feet from the street the perps walked by. Also unfortunately, my camera visuals broke down at right around 50 feet as well and couldn't make a positive ID on the perps. Had the ir went out to say 75 feet, I would have had a pretty good piece of evidence to present.

The IR I was using was external (CM Vision IR130). The cam was Hik (Swann HD820). I bet if I would of had an IMX178 or greater in place, with the external IR, I may have gotten a good visual, but I don't know for certain.

So is that scene shot with only camera IR and no external IR like the IR130?

Curious.
There is no way you are making an id with the longse or a hik at that distance. Even durring the day..Unless you are using a 12mm lens..