Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes...the only light in that video is the IR being emitted by the Longse LBW90S500 Cyclops.
Cool. I've been super impressed with what I've seen so far with IMX178 and above. I haven't seen too much with the combo of IMX + additional IR units though (like the IR130 or greater).

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no way you are making an id with the longse or a hik at that distance. Even durring the day..Unless you are using a 12mm lens..
What about something with an IMX274 (4K resolution camera)? Could that make an ID at 60 feet with external IR added?

I recently swapped out the Hik with an older Panasonic PTZ but unfortunately, the sensor in the WV-SC385 seems to be worse than the Hik, that's why I'm so interested in the IMX sensors. From what I've seen, they seem to be some of the best low light low cost sensors out right now. The new IMX323 looks good but I think it tops out at only 2MP or so.

Another issue I have been noticing is that the lux ratings don't really help. Seems many list the lux at .001 with no further specs.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What about something with an IMX274 (4K resolution camera)? Could that make an ID at 60 feet with external IR added?

I recently swapped out the Hik with an older Panasonic PTZ but unfortunately, the sensor in the WV-SC385 seems to be worse than the Hik, that's why I'm so interested in the IMX sensors. From what I've seen, they seem to be some of the best low light low cost sensors out right now.
Nope..look at this..No way you can ID 60f out....

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...that's why I'm so interested in the IMX sensors. From what I've seen, they seem to be some of the best low light low cost sensors out right now. The new IMX323 looks good but I think it tops out at only 2MP or so...
The Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE (a Longse rebrand) incorporates an IMX323 (and not the IMX322 as the camera is incorrectly listed with on AliExpress...and as I incorrectly state in the topic). The Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE performed admirably in low light conditions and, for the $47.65 I paid it was a very good deal. But remember there are other Sony Starvis sensors which I don't think anyone has tried out yet, including IMX124, IMX291 and IMX290. I want to buy some of these cameras but I need to remember that I'm only one paycheck away from ruination and sorrow.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
Just remember you'll always have the pictures and videos, and eternal gratitude and fame here at the ict community. ;-)

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE (a Longse rebrand) incorporates an IMX323 (and not the IMX322 as the camera is incorrectly listed with on AliExpress...and as I incorrectly state in the topic). The Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE performed admirably in low light conditions and, for the $47.65 I paid it was a very good deal. But remember there are other Sony Starvis sensors which I don't think anyone has tried out yet, including IMX124, IMX291 and IMX290. I want to buy some of these cameras but I need to remember that I'm only one paycheck away from ruination and sorrow.
Yep. That's the other low light cam I've been looking at. I just am not quite sure what to think about Ali-Express just yet. I also wish the 322/323 wasn't limited to the lower resolution. I think the way the IMX sensors work is they become more sensitive the higher they go up in numbers, but some of the higher resolutions don't go up as high. Like I think the highest 4K cam IMX is the IMX274. I'm hoping that Dahua will release an IMX274 but I don't think they did yet. I know Longse has released some IMX274's but I'm still not 100% sold on Longse yet. What I think would be really cool would be an IMX274 30X PTZ Dahua. I wish there was some industry standard for measuring low light capability other than lux ratings, because they don't seem to have the accuracy that's needed to describe just how sensitive low light sensors are when compared to each other.

Like with GPU benchmarks, you can easily determine your needs, but with low light sensors, it's not always that clear cut as to how a sensor is going to perform against another and there doesn't seem to be any good low light charts that compare all of the low light sensors so you know when your getting the best one. Then when you throw the resolutions into the mix, it skewers it even more.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would much rather have 2 cams with 2mp imx322 zoomed at different focal points then using current 4k cams
Based on this footage I agree.

2 different focal points means less chance of not getting a face due to looking wrong way or wearing a cap.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even with the usual YouTube degradation, the clarity of this video which was captured last night by the Longse LBW90S500 is very good...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's better than mine Q, what settings you running WDR etc at?

Mine is on full-zoom and less IR to reflect back though. Is 30fps not working on yours either?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine is LVDHS500 - I think... but it has much more noise than yours at night, so was thinking what settings have you got and I'll try them tonight.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is LVDHS500 - I think... but it has much more noise than yours at night, so was thinking what settings have you got and I'll try them tonight.
I will post some screenshots of my settings later today. Are you running the current firmware? What is your firmware version that you are running?

- - - Updated - - -

Q could you post a daylight sample video?
Will do. Presently out shopping with Mrs. Q.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks good!
+1 similar results with mine in the day. I'll get the postie one day and put it up here.

I just realised I've been recording 2MP on this camera for ages. I don't have a UHD screen so I guess how would I have known.