Kenosha Shooter Kyle Rittenhouse; Criminal, Murderer or Citizen Defender.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts, but I did watch the last 2 days of the trial

Rosenbaum had major problems. Homeless, living in a tent somewhere, bi-polar, taking meds, running around that night challenging people to 'shoot me, n****r'. Witness testified Rosenbaum told Rittenhouse earlier in the evening that if he found him alone he would kill him. Witness testifies Rosenbaum tries to grab Rittenhouse's rifle and ends up getting shot...

Flaky son of the owner of the car dealerships - something is going on where there is a problem with insurance covering the $2 million + estimated damage to the cars. He is trying to say he never asked those people to help guard the dealerships, or he has no idea how they got on the roof...

What a shit show. I am embarrassed this even made it to trial

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This trial is nothing but politically inspired. An honest DA would never bring this thing to trial.
I've been watching the trial (well 80 percent of it) the lead prosecutor is terrible. The was one instance where he could not adequately respond to the defenses objection to the prosecutors attempt to play a video with narration. He begged the judge twice to approach so that he doesn't have to look like a fool in open court. The judge denied his request. The testimony and video leave no doubt that this was self defense. The only thing he will be convicted of is unlawful possession.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been watching the trial (well 80 percent of it) the lead prosecutor is terrible. The was one instance where he could not adequately respond to the defenses objection to the prosecutors attempt to play a video with narration. He begged the judge twice to approach so that he doesn't have to look like a fool in open court. The judge denied his request. The testimony and video leave no doubt that this was self defense. The only thing he will be convicted of is unlawful possession.
I liked how the judge handled that - he wants as much as possible done in 'open court' so it will be in the permanent record.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope he gets aquitted and awarded a fortune in damages. The unfortunate reality though is with the atmosphere being very politically and racially charged in these times, it may be diffcult to get a positive result.

He's going to command huge damages if he wins though. With all the publicity, he'll be lucky to ever get employed which means an absolute fortune as his reputation is shattered irrespective.

BTW made a mess of that guys bicep. Seen plenty of gunshot wounds but surpised he got expansion at such close range rather than a pass through.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking many of the shooters and 2A advocates will come down on the side of this young man but I can imagine there are those who think otherwise.

Personally, I think his actions should be judged justified if not deserving of commendation.

Rittenhouse is now charged (as per Kenosha County Circuit Court Complaint 8-27-20) with the following:

Count 1: FIRST DEGREE RECKLESS HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

Count 2: FIRST DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

Count 3: FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

Count 4: ATTEMPT FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

Count 5: FIRST DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

Count 6: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18
Thanks @BobRegnar

So looks like only Count 6 remains a question ..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Why, particularly if the Federal Bureau of incompetence has video of it, has this loser not been charged with attempted murder?

Could it be because the FBI is so fucking corrupt that they no longer enforce laws against left wing lunatics?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Why, particularly if the Federal Bureau of incompetence has video of it, has this loser not been charged with attempted murder?

Could it be because the FBI is so fucking corrupt that they no longer enforce laws against left wing lunatics?
hmmm .. wondering .. if

Would pointing a gun at someone be the legal reason to charge for "attempted murder"?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I stopped trusting the government in the 60's
Yeah, I was a lot slower than you reaching this conclusion. But now I know government is good for a limited number of things.
  • Taxes
  • Lying
  • Making millionaires out of politicians
I'll come back and add to the list if I can think of anything else.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Probably because certain sections of the community would riot, pretty much as they probably would have done if Rittenhouse hadn't been charged and pretty much as they probably will do if he's acquitted. I have no issue with the cololur of anyone's skin and to that end EVERYONE deserves justice. You cannot selectively apply justice for fear of upsetting parts of the community. If he's inncoent, he should walk. If he's guilty, he should go to jail. So far in my mind on the evidence I've seen, he appears innocent. However, that's not for me to decide and there may be evidence in the case as presented to the Court that says otherwise. We'll have to wait and see. I just hope, whatever the outcome, it's fair based on the evidence.