Latest stable Intel graphics driver for hardware acceleration with Skylake?

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having issues with hardware acceleration in BI using the latest Intel driver 26.20.100.7463 with my HD Graphics 530 GPU (i7-6700t). Can anyone recommend an earlier version that they have been using without any issues? The version 15.45.18.4664 mentioned in the Wiki for skylake processors is not compatible with the latest version of W10, as I received an error message when I tried to install it.

To give you some more background, I used BI v3 and v4 at my previous house with a few HikVision cameras, but I haven't been using it for the last year or so since I moved. I finally bought (5) Dahua 2231T-ZS and a T5442TM from Andy last week, and during bench testing in BI v5, I have been having choppy feed in live view and when playing back recordings. Also, BI is not able to hit the FPS that I set in the camera settings. Both the CPU and GPU load have been around 10-15% with 5 cameras (with hardware acceleration on), and they are all connected to the same POE switch as my PC. After some troubleshooting, I confirmed that this was caused by an issue with hardware acceleration, as it gets fixed after I turn that off and restart BI. The CPU load goes up to 20% or so and the FPS goes up. Instead of trying earlier versions one by one, I thought I should ask first.

Thanks for the help.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I use 26.20.100.7156 on my i5-6500.

I have a HP 600 G2 and got that version of the drivers from the HP website.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've that same Intel Driver on my HP G3 i7-7700 (26.20.100.7156), but if I enable Hardware Acceleration (QuickSync?) I keep randomly dropping cameras. No such issue if I disable HAcc in BI, all of my 5 cameras are displayed normally.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a problem with random camera drop outs but I’m sure an update of BI resolved that. Symptoms I had were BI declared the cams as being offline but when I logged onto the cams direct I was able to connect and see the live stream. I’ve always had HA enabled.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like I missed a similar thread before creating this one. Based on @JNDATHP 's recommendation here, I downloaded 23.20.16.4973 from Microsoft (couldn't find it from Intel), extracted the file and installed the driver manually using the .inf file. It has been working great for the last 10 hours with hardware acceleration on. Thanks for your input.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this is obvious but after you downgrade the Intel GPU driver, playing back older clips may still lag. I would test it on a fresh recording that started after the downgrade.