Longse LBW60S400 @ $34.80 Any Good?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh mate, I've been into digital photography since early 2000s I've lost count how many cams with different sensors I've sampled since then, but I can tell you for sure it's more then your age. I am not going into deep technical discussion as there is plenty for you to google around. Just say that the sensor technology improves every year but the fact of the matter that larger sensor the better the results has always been the case. # of pixels and how fast the lens would either negatively or positively affect the sensor output. Software also matters how it handles noise, but again when you have larger sensor and acceptable # of pixels the less noise you have to deal with. Have you ever wonder why DSLR pictures are better then your regular run of the mill pocket camera or a smartphone? Anyway, lets compare apples to apples. Show me an IP camera with 1/3 sensor and 5MP (heck even try with 4MP) that will outperform 1/1.8 5MP sensor in this price range? I will buy it. Oh and before I forget, don't take it personally.
Can't let it go, always ends in the my dad's bigger than your dad.

If you add enough caveats you can prove anything. It's a nonsensical argument you are trying to create.

We've already identified that OP is a bit of a hobbyist/tinkerer and is happy with try IMX178, so let's see how he gets on.

Btw, I'm 187 years old. That's a lot of sensors.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Can't let it go, always ends in the my dad's bigger than your dad.

If you add enough caveats you can prove anything. It's a nonsensical argument you are trying to create.

We've already identified that OP is a bit of a hobbyist/tinkerer and is happy with try IMX178, so let's see how he gets on.

Btw, I'm 187 years old. That's a lot of sensors.
Yeah, at that age you can't expect much out of you.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
all @klasipca cares about is penis sensor size, dont matter if the camera has digital WDR, almost no lens options, no alarm IO or IVS, no API, no DST Adjustments, shitty PoE implementations, buggy knockoff firmware or unreliable hardware..

He's so wise he managed to brick a longse within mins of opening it from the box trying to firmware update it just for shits.. His experience is so vast and overwhelming he is the one we let hand pick the camera of the year, and advertise that cameras are using Hikvision protocols, regardless weather its true or if the cameras just suddenly stop working after a couple months.. His reviews are so comprehensive nobody needs sample video of moving targets, because if he says the night image is better than everything else that is all the proof anyone needs.. His Video Surveillance system is so good its never had to catch any criminal activity because they are just too damn affraid to go near em with his amazing images.

Just sacrifice everything else and go for bigger sensor size, because its not what you do with your sensor, its how big it is that satisfies him.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Where's nayr when I need some backup?
I thought you could better then that nut job of nayr as your backup, but the respect level has dropped below threshold in mere seconds, well enjoy the party he is to here talk about my penis sensor size once again. I am pretty sure he is just jealous since he has smaller penis sensor size and has to compensate with other less important features.

all @klasipca cares about is penis sensor size, dont matter if the camera has digital WDR, almost no lens options, no alarm IO or IVS, no API, no DST Adjustments, shitty PoE implementations, buggy knockoff firmware or unreliable hardware..

He's so wise he managed to brick a longse within mins of opening it from the box trying to firmware update it just for shits.. His experience is so vast and overwhelming he is the one we let hand pick the camera of the year, and advertise that cameras are using Hikvision protocols, regardless weather its true or if the cameras just suddenly stop working after a couple months.. His reviews are so comprehensive nobody needs sample video of moving targets, because if he says the night image is better than everything else that is all the proof anyone needs.. His Video Surveillance system is so good its never had to catch any criminal activity because they are just too damn affraid to go near em with his amazing images.

Just sacrifice everything else and go for bigger sensor size, because its not what you do with your sensor, its how big it is that satisfies him.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive got an itsy bitsy teensie weensie penis..

but at least my camera system is not a piece of shit.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
ive got an itsy bitsy teensie weensie penis..

but at least my camera system is not a piece of shit.
Well you said it, I thought we were talking about sensor sizes? I enjoy my piece of shit of camera system with the biggest penis sensor. Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well you said it, I thought we were talking about sensor sizes? I enjoy my piece of shit of camera system with the biggest penis sensor. Thanks!
Yep I said it, and you just said you enjoy big penises!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
O boy , lot of tension here!

So @klasipca and @Del Boy, if you where to spend between $80 to $150 (poe+braket+shipping no higher than $150) what camera will you guys buy? (must be wide lens)

Just tell me Brand and model number a link will be nice. I am curios your guys choices. As i am going back in fourth with this chip set,lens,etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
O boy , lot of tension here!

So @klasipca and @Del Boy, if you where to spend between $80 to $150 (poe+braket+shipping no higher than $150) what camera will you guys buy? (must be wide lens)

Just tell me Brand and model number a link will be nice. I am curios your guys choices. As i am going back in fourth with this chip set,lens,etc.

Thanks!
it's all your fault! If you didn't ask about penis sensor sizes then we wouldn't have so much fun :)

I would personally get Huisun 4x, it's a wide angle for $110 shipped. It has the bracket and external POE.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9162-Mini-PTZ-v2-4x-optical-zoom-version

FYI, I use Huisuns everywhere outdoors except for driveway where I use Longse s500 IMX178 because it's a wide angle and gives a nice overview picture day/night.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
it's all your fault! If you didn't ask about penis sensor sizes then we wouldn't have so much fun :)

I would personally get Huisun 4x, it's a wide angle for $110 shipped. It has the bracket and external POE.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9162-Mini-PTZ-v2-4x-optical-zoom-version

FYI, I use Huisuns everywhere outdoors except for driveway where I use Longse s500 IMX178 because it's a wide angle and gives a nice overview picture day/night.
Good choice, so that one is only 2MP?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I find having 2MP sufficient mostly for everything, but you want to have more detail at a distance then more pixels will certainly be more benefitial

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now this one
2.0 Megapixel Mini IR PTZ Camera 4x
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/csrhxSA8
I never order one with free shipping, 12-20 days
So if you order free was it long before it come?

I need a ptz for my backyard as is good to have the option in case wanted to check all points.

Also found the same cam for $128 with 10x zoom
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Hot-Sell-Security-CCTV-Camera-2MP-10X-Optical-Zoom-Auto-Iris-Bullet-PTZ-HD-CVI

What is "AHD" ? or "HDCVI" like this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HD-Security-CCTV-1080p-Mini-Bullet-PTZ-HDCVI-Camera-2-0-Megapixel-4x-zoom-manual/
for $105

Thanks

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now this one
2.0 Megapixel Mini IR PTZ Camera 4x
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Qi6DZCc
I never order one with free shipping, 12-20 days
So if you order free was it long before it come?

I need a ptz for my backyard as is good to have the option in case wanted to check all points.

Also found the same cam for $128 with 10x zoom
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Hot-Sell-Security-CCTV-Camera-2MP-10X-Optical-Zoom-Auto-Iris-Bullet-PTZ-HD-CVI

What is "AHD" ? or "HDCVI" like this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HD-Security-CCTV-1080p-Mini-Bullet-PTZ-HDCVI-Camera-2-0-Megapixel-4x-zoom-manual/
for $105

Thanks
AHD must be for Analog HD. So not an IP cam.