Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS)

DDDRelic

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the mass questions, just had another idea about multiple IVS rules per camera. A simpler solution may be to create an additional sensor (not binary sensor) which returns json containing the rule that was triggered

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s all captured already via the home assistant event bus. You can listen to the events and get the data

DDDRelic

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that. I will have a look and see what I can pull out.

Reaction score
got around to finally installing the integration. trying out the overlay text from HA to 1 specific camera. it works! within 0.2 seconds at that! now to figure out how to bring the temperature from entity ID sensor.ambient_weather_station_temp over into the Dahua integration text field.
overlay test.jpg

Reaction score
I'll go for a long shot. Could this integration add in Entity ID's from Home Assistant in one of the TEXT customer overlay fields? Otherwise...I (and others) may have to learn templating or scripting.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll go for a long shot. Could this integration add in Entity ID's from Home Assistant in one of the TEXT customer overlay fields? Otherwise...I (and others) may have to learn templating or scripting.
Sorry, I'm not following. What exactly are you trying to do? That might help me understand.

Reaction score
Trying to bring over my Ambient weather station's Entity ID of "Ambient Weather Station_Temp" into the Dahua camera integration so it will display Temp. But I am sure other folks would want to bring in wind speed, humidity, etc from their weather station or even from cloud weather stations. I am no good yet with YAML, scripts, or templates. Or even other entities such as "front lights on" or "motion detected" from a home alarm system. Just need to be able to include Home Assistant entity ID's.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's not something that should be added to the Dahua integration. That's all totally doable with a Home Assistant automation. You'd just setup an automation to trigger on whatever you want, could even be time, and call the service to set the overlay based on the reading of your weather station

Reaction score
That's not something that should be added to the Dahua integration. That's all totally doable with a Home Assistant automation. You'd just setup an automation to trigger on whatever you want, could even be time, and call the service to set the overlay based on the reading of your weather station
ah yes. I forgot the regular automation. With all the new versions of late, I forgot they made things....easier. I'll give that a shot.

Reaction score
Just so I am on the right track.. I can somehow enter in a entity value into the text overlay fields? I have some research to do this weekend. Or is this more of a YAML job?
dahuaintegration test.jpg

Reaction score
This is very cool, thanks for this!! I'm in the process of installing my VTO and stumbled on this, which is the glue I was looking for (integrate the button on the VTO with a shelly that will ring the old-school doorbell).

One question - In the entities list, I have "DoorBell Button Pressed", which flicks on & off when someone presses the button (though it doesn't appear to stay on while the button is pressed but that's ok, I can add a timer to my automation). In automation triggers, I have "DoorBell Button Pressed started detecting sound" and "DoorBell Button Pressed stopped detecting sound". I'm not really sure what those mean? I used the first one as the trigger and it works fine, but the "started/stopped detecting sound" is throwing me off.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can confirm (not surprisingly), that this is working on the 5231/2231 and 4231FP-AS cameras as well.

Thanks for the great integration. Hopefully this can make its way to official!

Cr4z33

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the initial release, you’ll have to manually add the repo to your HACS integration until it’s officially added (that’s pending a PR review)

It doesn’t support PTZ yet becaise I don’t have a cam to test with.

Seeking feedback on anything that’s broke and missing features/services you’d like to have built in. Thanks!!!

I was able to succesfully use your integration for an Amcrest AD410 video doorbell. :)

Only how am I supposed now to add an automation to get ie. a notification when the doorbell button gets triggered?

asd.png

Reaction score
I still gotta tinker with the doorbell part of this integration. Very cool you added triggers to entities as that solves the 'need doorbell chime to work as a regular doorbell'. I 1/2 finished running 8" speakers in all rooms just for general notifications. I'll have some kind of sound play (doorbell sound or British butler sound or something) through all speakers when VTO button is pushed.

Reaction score
@Cr4z33 this is how I do it...
yep! That worked for me. Added the VTO to the integration. Setup a new automation so that when VTO button is pressed, my S2 siren does a doorbell sound AND turns on my smart tv with UI3 running so I can immediately see who is there. I love this integration! Just makes things sooooo much easier.
simply amazing this integration has solved a couple years worth of " I wish it could do this or that without needing to be a brain surgeon" :)

Reaction score
yep! That worked for me. Added the VTO to the integration. Setup a new automation so that when VTO button is pressed, my S2 siren does a doorbell sound AND turns on my smart tv with UI3 running so I can immediately see who is there. I love this integration! Just makes things sooooo much easier.
simply amazing this integration has solved a couple years worth of " I wish it could do this or that without needing to be a brain surgeon" :)
Yep agreed! This integration is sweet...

I have my VTO in BI for 24/7 recording, as well as motion detection which sends me alerts.

Then I also have it in the HA integration so I can have the feed on a dashboard page, and I have an automation that triggers on the button press - this then fires off the old-style doorbell and throws a popup alert on my TV with a snapshot.

For the doorbell, I took out the old button outside and wired it straight through, and put a Shelly 1 running ESPHome behind the transformer.

Here's the automation:

YAML:
alias: Synch Doorbell
description: ''
trigger:
  - type: sound
    platform: device
    device_id: 97d81882261f35c08b40b13f859c66d0
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_button_pressed
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: 58402c5f3c20cfa5ce5f03f16fd146a9
    entity_id: switch.doorbell_relay1
    domain: switch
  - service: camera.snapshot
    target:
      entity_id: camera.doorbell_main
    data:
      filename: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
  - service: notify.livingroomtv
    data:
      title: Front Door
      data:
        duration: 20
        fontsize: max
        position: bottom-right
        transparency: 50%
        color: grey
        interrupt: 1
        file:
          path: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
  - service: delete.file
    data:
      file: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
mode: single

Reaction score
Yep agreed! This integration is sweet...

I have my VTO in BI for 24/7 recording, as well as motion detection which sends me alerts.

Then I also have it in the HA integration so I can have the feed on a dashboard page, and I have an automation that triggers on the button press - this then fires off the old-style doorbell and throws a popup alert on my TV with a snapshot.

For the doorbell, I took out the old button outside and wired it straight through, and put a Shelly 1 running ESPHome behind the transformer.

Here's the automation:

YAML:
alias: Synch Doorbell
description: ''
trigger:
  - type: sound
    platform: device
    device_id: 97d81882261f35c08b40b13f859c66d0
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_button_pressed
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: 58402c5f3c20cfa5ce5f03f16fd146a9
    entity_id: switch.doorbell_relay1
    domain: switch
  - service: camera.snapshot
    target:
      entity_id: camera.doorbell_main
    data:
      filename: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
  - service: notify.livingroomtv
    data:
      title: Front Door
      data:
        duration: 20
        fontsize: max
        position: bottom-right
        transparency: 50%
        color: grey
        interrupt: 1
        file:
          path: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
  - service: delete.file
    data:
      file: /config/www/tmp/Visitor_alert.jpg
mode: single
are you actually using YAML to program everything? I am using the GUI as seen in the pic above.

Reaction score
are you actually using YAML to program everything? I am using the GUI as seen in the pic above.
I usually start with the GUI editor especially for simpler tasks, the auto-complete helps. But then when it comes to tweaking and debugging, I do it straight in the YAML. Fortunately you can switch back and forth as needed.