IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

Looking for LPR software for Blue Iris

steve9380

Young grasshopper
been trying Openalpr for days and cannot get it to read. So far it has only picked up 2 license plates. I am using a good dahua Z12.

fenderman

Staff member
Hello,

ANPR software XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Recognize license plates from many countries in real time without triggers;
Work with different sources: IP cameras, WEB cameras, analog cameras connected through video cards, video files (AVI, MP4) and photos;
Control devices (barriers, lights, etc.);
Send emails and display alarms in user screen on events;
Communicate with GSM device;
Send data with POST or GET commands to your web server;
Has it‘s own web client server;
Much more...
Are you going to spam without disclosing that you work for them or how much the product costs?

Last edited:

DLONG2

Getting comfortable
Wow, what a find, this openalpr.com! It's finding and reading the plates on my highly-zoomed Dahua HFW5231EZ5 camera just fine. Free for 2 days of storage. It's not clear whether a new user on a 'Professional trial for 14 days' gets all the features which the free service provides, though, but I am impressed.

DsineR

n3wb
Using Plate Recognizer, is there anyway to mask out an area so it's not detected? PR is picking up parked neighbors cars across the street, maxing out my 2500/month limit very fast. OpenALPR has this feature, but it's a massive resource hog.

LucyM

n3wb
Blue Iris has a bunch of motion detection features you can use to basically "highlight" the area that you want to pick up the photo for LPR. You can also try Zone A to Zone B in your motion detection also. I'm sure there are other BI motion detection experts out there -- of which I'm not one!

DsineR

n3wb
Correct on BI motion detection features, but that does not have an impact on what Plate Recognizer (or OpenALRP) uses to detect a license plate. If there is a readable plate in the picture, both services will attempt to read the plate - regardless on BI's motion settings. The 'Detection Mask' feature in Open ALRP allows you to block out an area of the image from plate detection, looking for a way to do that in PR.