Lorex 2K doorbell

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the same thing as the Amcrest AD410 which is a really great doorbell. I've used the Lorex version and I can confidently say that this is the best doorbell camera I've seen (I haven't used the Amcrest version myself, but I doubt there's any noticeable difference). The video a very sharp and just looks great. The audio is crisp as well. It can be added to Blue Iris and most NVR's. It has an SD card slot on the back and the Lorex version comes with a 32GB SD card. They also come with vertical and horizontal wedge mounts. The Lorex Home app is decent. I haven't used the Amcrest app so I don't know if it's great, but from what I've read, there are some limitations. Feature wise, the main difference between the Amcrest and Lorex version is that the Lorex has an LED light on the bottom. This can be nice to light up the porch a little bit when the porch lights aren't on. The motion detection is very accurate as well. There are a few threads on here that reference the AD410. Like I said, they're the same thing, just rebranded.

michaellm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had both, and in agreement with @Jayordon, the Amcrest AD410 and this Lorex one are the same except different firmware and slightly different external trim. I returned my Lorex doorbell and got an Amcrest AD410 because I already had other Amcrest cameras and wanted to use it with the iOS and Android Amcrest apps. If I already had Lorex equipment, would have kept the Lorex version. If I had neither Lorex nor Amcrest already, I would favor the Amcrest a little because there are more knowledge and projects using the Amcrest API.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the same thing as the Amcrest AD410 which is a really great doorbell. I've used the Lorex version and I can confidently say that this is the best doorbell camera I've seen (I haven't used the Amcrest version myself, but I doubt there's any noticeable difference). The video a very sharp and just looks great. The audio is crisp as well. It can be added to Blue Iris and most NVR's. It has an SD card slot on the back and the Lorex version comes with a 32GB SD card. They also come with vertical and horizontal wedge mounts. The Lorex Home app is decent. I haven't used the Amcrest app so I don't know if it's great, but from what I've read, there are some limitations. Feature wise, the main difference between the Amcrest and Lorex version is that the Lorex has an LED light on the bottom. This can be nice to light up the porch a little bit when the porch lights aren't on. The motion detection is very accurate as well. There are a few threads on here that reference the AD410. Like I said, they're the same thing, just rebranded.
I have had both, and in agreement with @Jayordon, the Amcrest AD410 and this Lorex one the same with different slightly firmware and external trim. I returned my Lorex doorbell and got an Amcrest AD410 because I already had other Amcrest cameras and wanted to use it with the iOS and Android Amcrest apps. If I already had Lorex equipment, would have kept the Lorex version. If I had neither Lorex nor Amcrest already, I would favor the Amcrest just a little because there are more knowledge and projects using the Amcrest API.

Thank you both for your feedbacks!

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It can be added to Blue Iris and most NVR's.
Are you sure it can be added to blue iris, have you done that yourself and can confirm? I don't find any info that this will work with anything other than Lorex NVRs.

Thanks

I would prefer the amcrest version but it's not even sold in Canada, which is pretty dumb.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it can be added to blue iris, have you done that yourself and can confirm? I don't find any info that this will work with anything other than Lorex NVRs.

Thanks

I would prefer the amcrest version but it's not even sold in Canada, which is pretty dumb.
I have not done it myself as I don't use Blue Iris, but it is Onvif compliant and has an RTSP stream. If you search through other threads on this doorbell, other users that do use Blue Iris have reported that they can successfully add it.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's all i found, which is not encouraging. Looking for a video doorbell that complies with this list:

Please edit your "review" and add links to back up what you claim, or remove your claims as it's misleading and not based on facts.

Much appreciated.
Here is a video proving that the doorbell works in Blue Iris.
I was giving my opinion on this doorbell because I have used it before. The original poster did not request that I include links in my review, so I did not. My claims are all based off of facts and you have no reason to accuse me of being misleading or lying. If you don't believe the claims that I've made, then that's your problem, not mine.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the link, never found that as i always searched for "lorex 2k". Going to buy, even though i would definitely prefer the amcrest.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone post the RTSP stream(s) for the lorex doorbells? I am only getting 1440 x 1080 on the Lorex 2K via just the IP without any additional suffix(es) as I can't find the format.
Thanks

georgenox

n3wb
Reaction score
I got this doorbell but I only have a 12-24VDC 8VA transformer. The manual of the Lorex doorbel mentions that it needs 16-24VAC and nothing about DC. However, the Amcrest AD410 doorbell, which by all appearances is exactly the same hardware, does mention in the specs that it can be powered using 12-24VDC and needs 0.2A, which is fine for my transformer.
Any thoughts? Has anyone used 12VDC or 24VDC to power this (or the amcrest one)? No chime involved.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this doorbell a while back and had time over the christmas break to install it. For the record, my existing doorbell is this one, Honeywell RCW110KB1008/N which has a 16V/10A AC transformer (sorry can't comment on the question on DC transformer)
Installation went very quick, however the doorbell was ringing on and off as I had forgotten to add the chime that was included; once I added it, no issues whatsoever.

I can say that I'm very pleased, app is very quick to both let me know when there is human detection as well as when someone rings it prompts on my phone to use the speaker, etc.
I'm using this in BI and it's working great, I've had it on non stop for 2 weeks, no trouble, and the weather has dipped to -25 Celsius a few times in the last few days - no problems.

The only complaints for me are:
1) the LOREX watermark at the top left cannot be removed from the stream.
2) if I listen to the audio and there is nothing going on outside, there is always some weird clipping sound (think of a popsicle stick in the spokes - not the same, but similar to that); not sure what causes that, however if there is speech, cars going by it picks that up and you don't hear the clipping sound.

vlcsnap-2022-01-13-12h17m35s356.png

georgenox

n3wb
Reaction score
I wired the camera using a 12VDC transformer (without a chime) and it seems to work fine. RTSP also works, but I can't make onvif work for some reason.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wired the camera using a 12VDC transformer (without a chime) and it seems to work fine. RTSP also works, but I can't make onvif work for some reason.
There is no official ONVIF support on this doorbell platform on any of these variants, Lorex 2K, Amcrest AD410, IMOU DB61i, Dahua DH-DB6I, which are all the same same camera.

georgenox

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no official ONVIF support on this doorbell platform on any of these variants, Lorex 2K, Amcrest AD410, IMOU DB61i, Dahua DH-DB6I, which are all the same same camera.
Yes those have all the same hardware, but I think I am discovering that there are differences. People have been able to use ONVIF with AD410 for example, and integrate as an onvif camera to Blue Iris. Others seem to be able to use python-amcrest and other integrations that access Amcrest AD410 over the HTTP interface, via their HTTP SDK, in order to pull events like the doorbell presses, person detection etc.
My Lorex 2K seems to have port 80 closed, so I have not been able, so far, to use these integrations. Which is very frustrating, as I bought this camera thinking it's the same as AD410. I may well return it and try to source the AD410, if the only integration that I can do with the Lorex 2K is to pull the RTSP stream.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
When I do a find/inspect in BI with my AD110. Here is what it shows. Take it for what you will. FYI.... Your Mileage May Vary. I installed an AD410 but the homeowner didn't use BI so I never found out if it works the same way.Screenshot 2022-01-14 045546.pngScreenshot 2022-01-14 045507.png

georgenox

n3wb
Reaction score
When I do a find/inspect in BI with my AD110. Here is what it shows. Take it for what you will. FYI.... Your Mileage May Vary. I installed an AD410 but the homeowner didn't use BI so I never found out if it works the same way.View attachment 115527View attachment 115528
Yeah that's the screenshot I keep seeing, and it's clear from that that port 80 is open and accessible in AD110 (and I've seen the same for AD410). But it is closed in the Lorex 2K, at least in the firmware that came with the camera (that is also the latest).