Lorex LNB8105X Talk audio

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently installed 2 of these camera's and they support 2 way audio. I've got it so I can hear the audio and record the audio. It even works in the BlueIris IOS app. I followed several posts one of which was trouble with audio on Blue Iris, using SHARX SCNC3905

I have yet gotten the audio to play on the camera. I've had it where it would play on the pc the BlueIRIS software is sitting on. I downloaded the ONVIF discovery tool and it does broadcast out the options and audio in and out is one of those options. I've tried both ONVIF discover and using the Lorex RTSP camera driver. Currently there is no driver in BlueIRIS for this camera model but it is fairly new. Anyone have any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently installed 2 of these camera's and they support 2 way audio. I've got it so I can hear the audio and record the audio. It even works in the BlueIris IOS app. I followed several posts one of which was trouble with audio on Blue Iris, using SHARX SCNC3905

I have yet gotten the audio to play on the camera. I've had it where it would play on the pc the BlueIRIS software is sitting on. I downloaded the ONVIF discovery tool and it does broadcast out the options and audio in and out is one of those options. I've tried both ONVIF discover and using the Lorex RTSP camera driver. Currently there is no driver in BlueIRIS for this camera model but it is fairly new. Anyone have any suggestions?
try each dahua and amcrest option from the drop down..if that doesnt work email support

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
try each dahua and amcrest option from the drop down..if that doesnt work email support
Thank you thats a start. The Dahua IPC-HFW220R the mic works great the speaker plays slow robot voices. Going to play with more settings to see if it makes any difference. That was the only model out of both Dahua and Amcrest that somewhat worked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you thats a start. The Dahua IPC-HFW220R the mic works great the speaker plays slow robot voices. Going to play with more settings to see if it makes any difference. That was the only model out of both Dahua and Amcrest that somewhat worked.
To isolate where the problem is send audio via an alert to the camera.... If the audio is okay then you know the issue is with the mobile app.... The mobile app was never great at sending audio... And it would generally require a good strong connection... you can record your own wav file or download wav audio from the net and put it in the alerts folder then select it and hit test in the alerts tab...

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To isolate where the problem is send audio via an alert to the camera.... If the audio is okay then you know the issue is with the mobile app.... The mobile app was never great at sending audio... And it would generally require a good strong connection... you can record your own wav file or download wav audio from the net and put it in the alerts folder then select it and hit test in the alerts tab...
Thanks that was it. The pushed audio from the server was clear. While i am a little disappointed i can't use it to talk to people with clean audio I also understand. I'm pretty sure its not a network issue as far as available pipeline goes. I have pretty decent equipment and do enterprise IT for a living so its all setup with QOS and vlan'd off. I'm going to guess its more to do with encoding / bitrate from the IOS app to the server than anything else. When i get back from vacation i may run a wireshark trace to see what the audio is doing. I have only had blueiris for about 3 weeks so I have no clue how response dev's are on things like that or if it would even be considered something important enough they'd even work on it. I think I'm going to see if I can't get them to work on my apple homebridge system for the talking part. I can go ahead and prerecorded for now what I was wanting to get across. Going to Iceland with the family for 2 weeks and want to make sure if we are broken into they understand everything is being live synced to an offsite server so put things back and I won't pursue chargers.

Thank you for the fast help. I like the software as it's pretty configurable but way more affordable than like the AIMETIS I use at work. Aimetis is powerful but its also verrrryyyyy pricy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks that was it. The pushed audio from the server was clear. While i am a little disappointed i can't use it to talk to people with clean audio I also understand. I'm pretty sure its not a network issue as far as available pipeline goes. I have pretty decent equipment and do enterprise IT for a living so its all setup with QOS and vlan'd off. I'm going to guess its more to do with encoding / bitrate from the IOS app to the server than anything else. When i get back from vacation i may run a wireshark trace to see what the audio is doing. I have only had blueiris for about 3 weeks so I have no clue how response dev's are on things like that or if it would even be considered something important enough they'd even work on it. I think I'm going to see if I can't get them to work on my apple homebridge system for the talking part. I can go ahead and prerecorded for now what I was wanting to get across. Going to Iceland with the family for 2 weeks and want to make sure if we are broken into they understand everything is being live synced to an offsite server so put things back and I won't pursue chargers.

Thank you for the fast help. I like the software as it's pretty configurable but way more affordable than like the AIMETIS I use at work. Aimetis is powerful but its also verrrryyyyy pricy.
Over good connections audio from the android app is passable but far from perfect..its not as crisp as from the pc. Email support and let him know...good c it will get fixed. There is only one person developing BI. I believe he also develops the ios app but farms out the android. He is generally VERY responsive with fixes. You will find that he is faster and more responsive at fixing issues and adding new features than ANY vms on the market. Just look at the release notes that are pushed with new features every two weeks-1month.
That camera looks promising as a front door cam. You may want to give the dev access to the camera so he can allow remote activation of the visible leds if possible

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I get back I'll hang one of them off the public side of my router and write up a ticket with credentials.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could I get some day and night samples from the camera? Local costco selling a kit with these
and interested for a friend and mixing in some 2mp starlights

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ever get any samples?
I have a neighbor interested and if he bites I've convinced him to also buy a 5-50 for a vehicle identification cam to our neighborhood entry/exit.
Regardless theres other options, I'm just trying to feel this kit out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Hey, can you post screen shots of your settings for BI and the lorex camera? Interestingly, the solution I provided that worked for you, does not work for the dahua variant.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, can you post screen shots of your settings for BI and the lorex camera? Interestingly, the solution I provided that worked for you, does not work for the dahua variant.
I don't remember the exact steps I did but usually I do a ONVIF discover even if I'm assigning a camera model so maybe try the port I specified. Also make sure hardware acceleration is off as shown in image. Everything is IP based no FQDN on my end on purpose. There is a setting on the Lorex to enable ONVIF not sure about the dahua. I tested against the camera with ONVIF Discovery first.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact steps I did but usually I do a ONVIF discover even if I'm assigning a camera model so maybe try the port I specified. Also make sure hardware acceleration is off as shown in image. Everything is IP based no FQDN on my end on purpose. There is a setting on the Lorex to enable ONVIF not sure about the dahua. I tested against the camera with ONVIF Discovery first.
Thanks! Still not working. Can you post the audio settings from the camera itself?

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! Still not working. Can you post the audio settings from the camera itself?
Hope this helps. Not sure if the setting play live audio makes any difference either when you right click the camera.

Attachments

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
talk/alert audio.
Somethings stupid but you should check what UDP ports you're using and make sure either your vlan's, router, firewall is allowing all required ports to talk. Windows firewall loves to block things. Thats why I prefer linux or Mac for everything if possible.

Feel free to send me screenshots of all your configs and all see if something jumps out at me. User terminal or cmd prompt if windows to make sure your ports are actual open on camera and BI server for require UDP ports.