Lorex LNR6826K

red fuji

n3wb
Reaction score
i just bought a kit LNR6826K $800 costco which supposely is a relatively good price. i am new with all this but i know i want an ip setup with good quality cameras.
it has 6 4K cameras LNB8005. NVR is LNR6008. the mystery is why Lorex has an identical camera with two different part numbers..the 8005 camera has identical spec as the 8111 . but the price is way different. is this kit any good? i could return it. ..would love to hear any opinions. regards to all :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i just bought a kit LNR6826K $800 costco which supposely is a relatively good price. i am new with all this but i know i want an ip setup with good quality cameras.
it has 6 4K cameras LNB8005. NVR is LNR6008. the mystery is why Lorex has an identical camera with two different part numbers..the 8005 camera has identical spec as the 8111 . but the price is way different. is this kit any good? i could return it. ..would love to hear any opinions. regards to all :)
Hi Red Fuji,

As it is Dahua OEM I think it is a great value. Had I not previously purchased a Dahua OEM NVR and Cameras I would have gladly picked that kit up and added 2 more cameras to it and saved some money.

Others here have also gotten that kit, and the images look good. ( note you may need to adjust the locations of the cameras to minimize IR bounce back from the walls / soffits of your home - please see the following link on what others have suggested )

Do bench test it and see how well it looks for you.

Question about locally remote NVR functionality

Throw in a couple of the Dahua Starlight Cameras to cover the areas which you may need a better night time view and you've got a nice decent setup.

Naturally if you have a larger budget and are looking for more cameras you can easily spend more and get better cameras and a NVR which can handle more cameras. The nice thing about this kit is you get to custom pick 2 more cameras to the setup and thus save some money vs custom selecting all of your parts. ( while fun to do, the price adds up )

Have fun setting it up!

BTW - here are some great notes to check out:
Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!