Mac User (and most clients are)... Cannot view live stream, full screen, via web page (chrome, safari, firefox, etc) Hikvision NVR

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have tried everything to help my clients view their video feed via the web page. It actually works when viewing all cameras at once on sub stream. but the moment they select just one camera and "blow it up" full screen, sub or main, all is seen is a gray screen and no video.

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P (NR32P8-8)
5x Hikvision Cameras DS-2CD2143G0-I (NC324-TD-2.8)

• I told them to use iVMS but a few mac using clients say that it's unstable and crashes all the time. They have fairly new macs as well.
  • we've tried IE tabs and multiple different browsers with no avail
  • lowered max bitrate and frame rates to reduce potential bandwidth issues
  • Plugin link does not exist and when pressing "install plugin" absolutely nothing happens
  • Only thing that works, other than their phone, is using Security Spy, but the goal here is to attempt to find a solution for the web page.

Thanks in advance!!

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, Safari and other browser don’t do plugin support anymore either... although, Doesn’t hurt try your link and follow up

EDIT: Downloaded plugin from link provided, installed, and opened safari. NVR still shows install plugin tab (and does nothing when clicked) and same issues persist. Can view all cameras but when I press one and expand it full screen, still gray.

I forgot to mention Firmware... Firmware is up to date with whatever is the latest firmware

EDIT 2: Sometimes when I play all 5 cameras at the same time (main or sub) on web browser live view, I receive a message saying "Not enough decoding resource, please Download plugin". I already downloaded and installed the plugin like 20 times.... Bashing my head against a wall

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Downloaded plugin from link provided, installed, and opened safari. NVR still shows install plugin tab (and does nothing when clicked) and same issues persist. Can view all cameras but when I press one and expand it full screen, still gray.
Sorry, man. I don't have a Mac or a NVR (Blue Iris on PC).
Best wishes....... :idk:

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well thanks for trying to help. Do you know if reaching out to Hikvision would help any? has anyone here had success with that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general we are not the target audience for Hikvision and Dahua, so once they see you are not an authorized distributor or installer of their gear, they will tell you to bring it up to the vendor you purchased it from.

There is a recent thread here by someone that tried to interact with Hikvision directly and they basically told him sorry and talk to the vendor...

babybenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Well thanks for trying to help. Do you know if reaching out to Hikvision would help any? has anyone here had success with that?
You will need to have an "authentic" HIKVISION products that is verifiable (they use Serial number to check) in order to get support from HIKVISION USA (we are located in Canada). These products are typically distributed by a licensed security company but not via Amazon or some online vendors, unfortunately.
Anyway, I was able to talk to the tech once about less than a year agoy, and tech support said that they currently do not support Safari at the moment. I am not sure if it changes now...

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doesn't work on any browser... funny how the sub stream works on ALL cameras, but the moment you bring one up into full screen, its just gray and does not work.

Its all good. Everything is stable using SecuritySpy... Only thing is theres not free option for playback. Any better 3rd party VMS option for Mac? which pulls the info from the NVR rather than the cameras other than using iVMS-4200?

babybenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Doesn't work on any browser... funny how the sub stream works on ALL cameras, but the moment you bring one up into full screen, its just gray and does not work.

Its all good. Everything is stable using SecuritySpy... Only thing is theres not free option for playback. Any better 3rd party VMS option for Mac? which pulls the info from the NVR rather than the cameras other than using iVMS-4200?
Unfortunately not from HIKVISION natively. Their iVMS is a RAM-hunger and crashes 90% of time. The only thing is that I see the software gets updated quite often (and it actually gets better each upgrade)
Other "kind-of" work-around is to stream each camera using VLC player's rstp protocol

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I was able to narrow down the issue to the firmware. On previous firmwares, I was able to view my cameras on Web Page just fine. Upgraded, the play button is unresponsive. Downgraded to an old firmware and it works, but only sub stream and it seems buggy. Clients new NVR works on web page locally (Multi view sub stream and one camera full screen) but not remotely. Tried multiple variations and really just comes down to the firmware. Looks like ill have to find a stable firmware... Also thought i bricked my NVR when I was unable to view my live feed on the web browser when I was able to just before the firmware update lol