Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

bambi123

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not realize that this camera was $500 dollars. I was thinking it was in the $300 to $350 range. What are you guys paying for this camera?
That is about right. It cost me $460 including shipping.

guccifer

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered 2nd cam, but it broken I think, cam makes an awful noise when initialising, seems to be stuck.
I've bought two of these cams and have the exact same issue (tilt fail, camera makes grinding noise and stays at 90 degrees tilt).

If you let it go a while (a few hours), it eventually corrects itself and the tilt will start working. But it shouldn't do this at all.

Thinking it was a power problem, and possibly due to using POE instead of POE+. But then powered directly from the power supply and had the same thing happen.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've bought two of these cams and have the exact same issue (tilt fail, camera makes grinding noise and stays at 90 degrees tilt).

If you let it go a while (a few hours), it eventually corrects itself and the tilt will start working. But it shouldn't do this at all.

Thinking it was a power problem, and possibly due to using POE instead of POE+. But then powered directly from the power supply and had the same thing happen.
yeah, it does, but location is out, i.e. 0 degrees pan is not 0 degrees, and it seem it loose position of line cross etc, they drift. I have contacted to supplier, let you know how I get on. else I will claim money back on Credit Card under section 75 (uk law).

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have just fitted one to my upper second story wall and what a little beauty it is,the auto tracking is fast and its night vision is really good will post a pic tonight when i get home
Hi marku2
Another Aussie here. Can I ask where you purchased your camera from and price. You fitted the NSC-4A*** I take it. Seems amadacams don't stock the NSC camera.
Cheers
monaro...

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You guys are having some really bad luck with these would be intresting to know where you're getting them from?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Haven't had any troubles with them so far. The only thing we've had reported was the 0° tilt wasn't high enough for the PTZ to look straight out while zoomed all the way in. This can be resolved by adjusting the max. tilt angle in the PTZ settings to (-5 - 90)Degree.

2017-06-13_0819

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi marku2
Another Aussie here. Can I ask where you purchased your camera from and price. You fitted the NSC-4A*** I take it. Seems amadacams don't stock the NSC camera.
Cheers
monaro...
Mine is the 2dea4220 I bought from Amanda cams I got five from her all working a treat I'm not sure what the nsc means

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you guys made sure when aligning the three locking pins that they are correct my first one wasn't and made a few noises undid it sprayed some wd 40 on the locking pins and never made a noise again

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you guys made sure when aligning the three locking pins that they are correct my first one wasn't and made a few noises undid it sprayed some wd 40 on the locking pins and never made a noise again
If you arescrewing the big sliver plate to the bracket also make sure tu use a spacer washer between the bracket and the plate so it pulls up square too

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you arescrewing the big sliver plate to the bracket also make sure tu use a spacer washer between the bracket and the plate so it pulls up square too
yes I have 2 of these and only 1 Make the noise when powering up, and the tilt error issue. whilst it is trying align it shakes as it reaches end path, it is like it have been assemble wrong, it like it thinks it not at end, on my 1st straight down is 76degrees, but on my 2nd cam goes to 90 degrees

1st cam
192.168.2.2_01_20170613223639825.jpg

2nd cam (faulty one)
192.168.2.2_01_20170613224047450.jpg

also on 2nd cam, the front of mount is not 0 degrees pan it's 306 degrees.

Last edited:

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you know how to desactivate preset name in the Stream ?

BICK

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Access the camera webportal directly.

Config -> PTZ -> Basic Settings -> PTZ OSD

Change 'Preset Status' to 'NC'

Zxuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on the forum poo-poo domes for outside use for a lot of legit reasons.
Would this camera not be subject to the same cons for some reason (unique IR placement aside)?

...also, those IRs appear pretty tiny...think they are really good for the distances stated?
Yes, mine work up to 30 meters... over 90 feet and I need the whole 90 !!!

Zxuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it make much noise when it rotates or zooms? I'm looking into this camera, if I'd buy one I would place it under an eve close to a bedroom window. If you can hear it move clearly than it would be a no go.
No, super quiet! Surprised even me!