Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Fender !

i will look at this :)

BICK

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on the forum poo-poo domes for outside use for a lot of legit reasons.
Would this camera not be subject to the same cons for some reason (unique IR placement aside)?

...also, those IRs appear pretty tiny...think they are really good for the distances stated?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
IMG_0679.PNG
I know a lot of people on the forum poo-poo domes for outside use for a lot of legit reasons.
Would this camera not be subject to the same cons for some reason (unique IR placement aside)?

...also, those IRs appear pretty tiny...think they are really good for the distances stated?
View attachment 17193
View attachment 17193 Daylight

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, just got one of these yesterday and getting to grips with it - seems like a great PTZ.

It came with firmware 5.4.3 and supports face detection, smart tracking, HLC which wasn't in the specs I read - nice bonus, however does not appear to have H.265 in its options which the specs did say it came with?

Any ideas, also trying to work out which firmware do update to - is this an R7 platform?

Many thanks for your help!

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Intresting, can't find 5.4.3 or 5.4.4 listed on the Hikvision Europe firmware download site, no worries - decided to be guinny pig and update to 5.4.8.

Can confirm that this is an R7 platform, wasn't able to update via the camera's own webportal so hooked it up to my NVR and updated through that.

No loss of special features, seems nice & stable and now have H265 / H265+ although if I use H265+ you don't get 50/60fps options so sticking with H265 for now, however bitrates don't seem as low as hoped for under VBR (streams at whatever I set peak to all the time (16mbps)).

Slider

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it make much noise when it rotates or zooms? I'm looking into this camera, if I'd buy one I would place it under an eve close to a bedroom window. If you can hear it move clearly than it would be a no go.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Waiting for my DS-2DE4A220IW-DE :)

Hope is coming soon :)

BICK

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does it make much noise when it rotates or zooms? I'm looking into this camera, if I'd buy one I would place it under an eve close to a bedroom window. If you can hear it move clearly than it would be a no go.
Its pretty quiet, loudest thing is the IR cut filter snapping across the lens which is the same sound level as any other camera, the actual PTZ functions are quiet.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get these smart tracking cameras to record while they are auto tracking an object? Can set the camera to motion activated recording but when the PTZ is under manual or auto track control it effectivity deactivates motion activated recording - I get that the it should ignore 'motion' while it is under manual ptz control but seems a bit odd to not record items of intrest which it is actively auto-tracking, want to avoid having to set it to continuous recording...

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
mine is below my bedroom window even if you stand bellow it all you can hear is a faint motor sound even the mic cant pick the sound up

Slider

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks FrankMCN and Marku2. Maybe you can help me with another question as well. The pictures on the Hik site show a clear dome glass. This video as well: (in this video the sides of the camera are even showing)
The one in Nelly's video and the pictures here show a much darker variant with darker dome glass and closed sides. Is the one Nelly is selling not a rebranded Hik? Because I cannot find the 3MP variant he is showing on the Hik site either.