Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup.dahua from here on.simple easy and nice :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fastkrass Moin - in English because the forum is in English, even if we are both Germans.
The question from @mando209 is important.
There was a poe (power over ethernet) problem with this cam, so we all use a splitter to power the cam on the power cord and not via ethernat-cable.
Mine worked great until last week, where we had the first frost outside.
Now, since temp is up again, its working fine again.
Next cam will be a Dahua ;-)
lol, now they are having trouble with low temps...it keeps getting worse...

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
suppose to be 35 tomorrow.let see if mine survives lol.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just want to say that my Huisun Mini PTZ V2 is completely defective after five months -.-
I had nothing changed since months and at once the camera does nothing. No picture, no IR, no restart. Dead.

I should send it to China for repair. This would cost me 40€ from Germany..
It's probably something different for you in america to send the camera in case of a defective to a repairer within your country. But for me the topic has been done. It's my own fault - will never buy electronics directly from China again. And the Huisun quality is very bad compared to Hikvision. Okay the price makes the difference. But it is about the principle.
Regards

Kauft lieber keine Huisun Mini PTZ wenn Ihr eine Kamera sucht, die funktionieren soll/muss.
They are a challenge but don't give up that easy. Does it make any sounds when plugged in and it is important to say if it was running off the poe or a splitter. My first one that died made clicking sound which you can work through but, it died a few months later. But plugged in some power I had laying around and teh IR lights blinked so I ordered a splitter from Jack since he sent me a free camera after this first one died. I will also be going with a Dahua next . It just has almost nill reliability which for the extra $40 bucks the varifocal starlight looks great. Not to mention a security camera needs to be reliable. I will opt for a PTZ Dahua though as I like having a camera that moves to motion set by the Hiks.

Last edited:

fastkrass

n3wb
Reaction score
No the camera makes no sound. Doesn't make calibration also. It's really complete dead o_O
Hoped for a other possible for restart but the "manual" is also adapted to the purchase price.
The camera was powered by a 12V DC, 2A Meanwell power adapter, not via PoE.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No the camera makes no sound. Doesn't make calibration also. It's really complete dead o_O
Hoped for a other possible for restart but the "manual" is also adapted to the purchase price.
No it cant be possible! China "Jack" promised that the failures were POE related...:rolleyes:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you checked the Power Adapter?

alarum_78

n3wb
Reaction score
After reading some more threads here it seems my camera has an issue with the POE board. I am going to try and connect it via 12V DC and see if it corrects the isssue. Will update once I have results.