Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
See first post

You will notice some minor corner blurriness, it's still prevalent in the new cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about movement of the camera? Any noticeable change?

Sent from my 1+1 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Some more updates.

Good news is that body is now mostly metal, except the where the pan/tilt bottom and the cover

Bad news, the POE function stopped working. I thought it worked briefly yesterday, but I was having network issues and switched to 12V adapter for the remaining testing. Today I plugged in to my NVR POE and nada, also tried with my test plug and no luck there either. I will take this to Monica and let you know.

I really like the new look:

Last edited by a moderator:

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I asked her if she had inventory, and she answered this: "we have in stock,but our camera need update recently,and it need time". Maybe because of issues mentioned above. U will wait a bit for things to settle down

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Will be dissecting the cam tonight, will post some pictures. Monica suggested to check the wiring for POE.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I jumped on the PTZ train, can't wait to get it. Thanks all for an excellent thread!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Monica didn't provide any instructions how to open the cam, so I had to figure this out on my own. Initially, I opened the bottom part because it has 4 screws which are the only ones visible. That was wrong, but after some tinkering around I figured out the camera access is from the front, you have to remove face plate (it has two tabs in top/bottom) which is barely see through and will have access to 4 screws. There is MicroSD slot in there as well.

The POE module is clearly marked SmartPOE 802.3af/at 15W.

These are the 2 plugs/wires I needed to check which seem to match the picture they sent me. Except I have gray wire, it should be black...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They really jammed stuff in there, eh? While you were (hopefully still are) in there, do you see a place to connect a microphone?

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what do you use for to turn on poe camera ? Switch Poe or power injector on the cable?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They really jammed stuff in there, eh? While you were (hopefully still are) in there, do you see a place to connect a microphone?
I put it back together, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you use for to turn on poe camera ? Switch Poe or power injector on the cable?

Right now I just use 12V adapter.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and before ?

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for stupid questions but it is always better to say it all. :)

What is the model of hikvision NVR ?

How long is the cable? Is of copper, cca ? You can try another new cable much shorter (preferably copper).

Have you tried to see if the cable does not have problems? (if it is broken or damaged)

How did you realize that with NVR POE did not work? I think that if the camera is not communicating packets with the router, this shows no sign of life, but in reality it could be a NVR's problem.

This model have the autotest around on boot as the old model ? I saw with 1.3 miniPTZ without POE function that if i connect only the power without connecting the network, the autotest does not start. For safety, you should try with DHCP enabled.

Sorry for my English pitiful