Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought my Mini PTZ 3X Zoom from Imporx, good service, pretty quick delivery and good price BUT I just received both camera's yesterday took them out of the box and started to play with them, I needed the 3X because of the wider 3mm lens but when I zoom with the two cameras both zoom all the way to 10X, the model numbers on both the boxes is the correct model number for the 3X but the sticker in back of the camera itself says the 3X model number but the bottom sticker under the lens which is a silver sticker says the 10X model number. I guess once I mount them I'll be able to see if they sent me the wider 3MM lens or the 5.1mm.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I bought my Mini PTZ 3X Zoom from Imporx, good service, pretty quick delivery and good price BUT I just received both camera's yesterday took them out of the box and started to play with them, I needed the 3X because of the wider 3mm lens but when I zoom with the two cameras both zoom all the way to 10X, the model numbers on both the boxes is the correct model number for the 3X but the sticker in back of the camera itself says the 3X model number but the bottom sticker under the lens which is a silver sticker says the 10X model number. I guess once I mount them I'll be able to see if they sent me the wider 3MM lens or the 5.1mm.
I have 3x and picture is wide, you can tell that 10x will have a very narrow FOV without mounting it. With 3x I can cover entire room which is roughly 25x25 feet. Look at it on the bright side you got more of a camera for less. As I recall the difference was $20 for 3x.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The ones that own this Mini PTZ... is it possible for you to check the ONVIF version? Or is it just possible for the manufacturer?
Just checking the Mac / SecuritySpy compatibility (as per software developers instrucions).
I own 2 of the Version 1 model of this camera. ONVIF Device Manager reports this camera as ONVIF version 2.02

Hope this helps, as I use Blue Iris with this camera, so I don't know about SecuritySpy.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3x and picture is wide, you can tell that 10x will have a very narrow FOV without mounting it. With 3x I can cover entire room which is roughly 25x25 feet. Look at it on the bright side you got more of a camera for less. As I recall the difference was $20 for 3x.
I know but where I am stalling them I need the wide angle lens so it captures the scene. These are for sure the 10X since I can't come close to what you described as the 3X wider FOV.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I own 2 of the Version 1 model of this camera. ONVIF Device Manager reports this camera as ONVIF version 2.02

Hope this helps, as I use Blue Iris with this camera, so I don't know about SecuritySpy.
Hello Lulu5kamz
Regarding the ONVIF program, It connects to the web browser and I am able to log-in and download the plugin, but after the plugin is installed the plugin message never goes away and there is no live view, I don't use this program often I have Blue Iris, but my Hik cameras there is no issue I get the live view.
Any tricks to this?
Let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well you could try to request seller to ship you 3x lens module, I've removed it once (although I didn't disconnect cables and there is void sticker), it seems straight forward just unscrewing the front. I doubt shipping it back will be cheap for replacement

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well you could try to request seller to ship you 3x lens module, I've removed it once (although I didn't disconnect cables and there is void sticker), it seems straight forward just unscrewing the front. I doubt shipping it back will be cheap for replacement
Thanks klasipa great idea if they are willing, I saw that you took apart the V2 PTZ and it didn't look too difficult, that may be a good way of getting what i need quickly, otherwise it might be forever before I get it resolved and with new year in the forefront it might take forever and a day to get it shipped. They are already partying hard in China.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
All 3 of mine identify as ONVIF version 2.40 using the ONVIF Device Manager.
That seems strange. Both my cameras show 2.02. Maybe there is a difference in firmware version. I never upgraded my firmware. Did you ever change the firmware in your Mini PTZ's?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Lulu5kamz
Regarding the ONVIF program, It connects to the web browser and I am able to log-in and download the plugin, but after the plugin is installed the plugin message never goes away and there is no live view, I don't use this program often I have Blue Iris, but my Hik cameras there is no issue I get the live view.
Any tricks to this?
Let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie
Sorry, I'm confused about your post. Which does not show live view, Blue Iris, Web browser, or ONVIF? If web browser, which web browser and version number of it and type of computer if not Windows.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That seems strange. Both my cameras show 2.02. Maybe there is a difference in firmware version. I never upgraded my firmware. Did you ever change the firmware in your Mini PTZ's?
I did update the firmware on the first mini ptz but the last two I ordered came with the same firmware that I updated the first one to. The firmware is V1.0.2 Build 201509160901.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks klasipa great idea if they are willing, I saw that you took apart the V2 PTZ and it didn't look too difficult, that may be a good way of getting what i need quickly, otherwise it might be forever before I get it resolved and with new year in the forefront it might take forever and a day to get it shipped. They are already partying hard in China.
Wait, did you get v2?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I did update the firmware on the first mini ptz but the last two I ordered came with the same firmware that I updated the first one to. The firmware is V1.0.2 Build 201509160901.
If that's the case, it would be best if the person asking about ONVIF version number would ask the seller in a message which version they are currently shipping before purchase.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the IR LEDs are for the 10x they may need to be changed too.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wait, did you get v2?
No these are V1 cameras.
Although I had bought these from IMPORTX, I spoke to the famous Monica just a couple of days ago I wanted to see if I could get a better price from Monica, I need to buy a few more Mini PTZ's to change the current camera setup and she told me that they do not make the 3X as V2 only in V1. She also told me that they had a huge order in house and that production would not HELP her make and test the cameras that it would take about 25 days to get a new order shipped, these are the 3X zoom I did not ask about the 10X zoom.

aporopos

n3wb
Reaction score
If that's the case, it would be best if the person asking about ONVIF version number would ask the seller in a message which version they are currently shipping before purchase.
I've tried several times. First I asked about Mac compliance and ONVIF version. The answer was simply: "Our camera have not Apple Mac."
Mmmkay.

Second time I wanted some clarification on that Apple Mac havin' and it was: "Our camera work not with Mac". Fair enough.
Finally there was also an answer to ONVIF question but the answer was "Our camera support onvif."
Cool.

So after that I decided to ask from here because I had the feeling our conversation might get too lost in translation. After all Monica was supposed to be on a holiday(?) so I decided to give both of us a break from ONVIF and general confusion ;)

The thing is that I know that Huisun does not support Bonjour like Hikvision or Dahua which helps connecting to a certain device on LAN/WLAN but SecuritySpy software developer has confirmed that if the camera has ONVIF 2.2+ then the camera connection/settings should quite straight forward. And by this I understood that you don't have to care about the camera's own OS or it's compatibilities.

On the other hand I'm not sure if these Huisuns are one of those cameras that simply will not work with anything else than MS Win. I mean the camera doesn't have to be Bonjour capable - of course you can connect with simply an IP-address, but if there is some weird plugin-video-coding-browser stuff that really will not bend to any other OS than Win then these cams are a pass for me. Unfortunately.

Usually I don't believe that I would be the first one on the internet to ask such things as this brand seems quite popular and OS X isn't that rare either nowadays but still I have the feeling that I might just have to be the beta tester here in order to find the truth. First mover losses aren't my thing so I guess I'll buy some other brand and leave Huisuns on the shelf for now.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Played a bit with digital zoom, it's actually quite useful. I compared images with 10x and zoomed in using picture viewer and full digital and the results are very different.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My v2 shipped yesterday and I'll try it with my Mac.

I also have an NVR and 3 versions of Windows so it better work with something!