Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Do these cameras need a NVR to work properly? I do not have one, I noticed this camera comes with a SD card slat, if it requires a NVR what is a good NVR to buy.
Please let me know.
Thanks In advance.
Chewie
No, they don't require an NVR. The route you chose it's up to you (SD, VMS (ie. BlueIris, Exacq, etc...), NVR...

If you are planning to get an NVR I would recommend a Hikvision, since the camera will be able to use the Hikvision protocol. That's not to say it won't work with other brands, like Dahua, but you will more than likely use the Onvif protocol potentially losing some capabilities.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IF it is the fans making the noise, I am not saying it is the fans, because I do not know. But, if it is the fans and it's really important, maybe you could take the camera apart and remove the power to the fans. I would check with others first before you do that, because that may not fix it, and I don't want you to damage your camera.

hello all, this is my first post, sorry if my english is not good I am from Indonesia, I plug 3 products huisun, 2 bullet with poe + audio and 1 speed dome very satisfied, there is what I want to ask, I attach an external mic, but audio was not clear maybe from camera fans, any one knows how to make this audio clear?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Thanks for your comments on my question, I order one today the 149.00 full config, I hope it gets to me in one piece, i ask monica to make sure is pack really good, will see.
Regards.
Chewie

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IF it is the fans making the noise, I am not saying it is the fans, because I do not know. But, if it is the fans and it's really important, maybe you could take the camera apart and remove the power to the fans. I would check with others first before you do that, because that may not fix it, and I don't want you to damage your camera.
hi badmop, yes remove internal fans on camera its not a good idea, because in my country it hot weather, i'm cerious maybe some external mic will solve my problem, now i'm using this from ali, both of them are the same noisy

2015-11-06_12.00.36.jpg

2015-11-06_12.00.09.jpg

to proved my indoor envirovment its actually verry quite comparing with internal sound from hikvision

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi badmop, yes remove internal fans on camera its not a good idea, because in my country it hot weather, i'm cerious maybe some external mic will solve my problem, now i'm using this from ali, both of them are the same noisy

to proved my indoor envirovment its actually verry quite comparing with internal sound from hikvision
Hi,

I am in Malaysia and know how hot it can be in Indo. Have you tested with your ceiling fans off? I can see they are running.

Of course we are used to having fans run and we generally don't hear them but you would be surprised how much noise they really make and different microphones can be very sensitive to this white noise.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in Malaysia and know how hot it can be in Indo. Have you tested with your ceiling fans off? I can see they are running.

Of course we are used to having fans run and we generally don't hear them but you would be surprised how much noise they really make and different microphones can be very sensitive to this white noise.
hello SquareEyes happy to meet the neighbors in here :)
you mean an internal fan camera? because I did not install exhaust on the roof of the house, so I'm sure the sound of noise that comes from the internal fan, the point is how to make the sound of the fan was not entered into the mic, I already keep the distance between the microphone and the camera but doesnt help, also uses ferrite also the same, into a rumbling sound, the sound of people talking so its useless

Unfortunately on huisun bullet version doesnt have OSD menu for setting FAN like speed dome version so i can manage FAN to only turn on when it hot only :(

10.52.4.15_00_00_20151106195521015.jpg

Attachments

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No lah.

Ceiling fan, (kipas siling), not camera fans. I can see that they are running in footage. You could try a microphone sock (like on computer headset) to try and reduce the white noise. :)

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No lah.

Ceiling fan, (kipas siling), not camera fans. I can see that they are running in footage. You could try a microphone sock (like on computer headset) to try and reduce the white noise. :)
Ouw hahaha no no no i'm not using kipas angin also..thats noise its 100% from camera fans i'm sure..dont have to open to see the fans..its heard from near of the cam its verry loud the sound of fans

I cant plug mic like that..to big and it need power also :)

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ouw hahaha no no no i'm not using kipas angin also..thats noise its 100% from camera fans i'm sure..dont have to open to see the fans..its heard from near of the cam its verry loud the sound of fans

I cant plug mic like that..to big and it need power also :)
Sorry mate, I really thought I could see flicker in the videos and thought it was ceiling fans but probably interpolation from filming monitor rather than screen capture.

Sorry can help with much more but if you are using external electret microphone, i recommend using a wind sock on them. Personally I use components rather than pre built mircophones. Good luck and let us know how you go. :)
\

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So these PTZ have (loud) fans? I was going to order the kitchen sink version, but if I can avoid a fan in the simple POE version ( no alarm/mic) I would rather do that...cost doesn't matter much to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So these PTZ have (loud) fans? I was going to order the kitchen sink version, but if I can avoid a fan in the simple POE version ( no alarm/mic) I would rather do that...cost doesn't matter much to me.

I have not heard any fan running, they were super quiet

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good deal..thanks...first I heard about this! Cheers!

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmm...wierd, i'm sure i've motor fan i can heard from my bullet camera, dont know maybe i'm purchase bullet with poe + alarm + audio maybe they put extra fan into it
sorry i mean not that loud, but if your ears about 20cm from that cam, it can be heard and for sensitif microphone its verry disturbing noise and maybe can get some interferen noise from fan motor into mic

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

That's not a fan, that's background noise the mic is set way to loud, you can even here a motor of a car in the background.

and who keeps a motor bike in the Kitchen lol

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had been looking where they put fans but i didnt locate it, but that voice sounded like the fans spin very familiar, just power on the cam and wait 10 minutes then put your ear into cam i bet you can hear fan spining sound

whoslooking..I'm renovation my house so I put my motor bike in the kitchen hahaha LOL
thats why i put cctv in all the corners of the house to monitor workers from my other house :rolleyes:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I will be powering this camera my camera with an external power supply I do not use a peo switch, just for bench testing, I know is 12 volts DC the spec for this camera is 12 dc 2amp, did anybody used a 12 v dc adapter less than 2 amp, I have 12 volt adapters but they are rated less than 2 amp.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

cadman

n3wb
Reaction score
[h=2]Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year?[/h]
I wonder if they will make dome cam with this would be nice

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are they talking about the dome version? I haven't heard any fan in the mini-bullet.
Hence my confusion...I know some users on here did NOT get the alarm/mic version, so wasn't sure about this new fan noise complaint. I'm satisfied there is not a fan on board, though. Placed my order just now, had a few issues with bankamericard MC rejecting as 'suspicious', but after several minutes and an online verification check on my online account, I resubmitted to Ali and it went through this time. Got the alarm/mic version, despite no need for it. :) Cheers!

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hence my confusion...I know some users on here did NOT get the alarm/mic version, so wasn't sure about this new fan noise complaint. I'm satisfied there is not a fan on board, though. Placed my order just now, had a few issues with bankamericard MC rejecting as 'suspicious', but after several minutes and an online verification check on my online account, I resubmitted to Ali and it went through this time. Got the alarm/mic version, despite no need for it. :) Cheers!
If there is a fan, it's mighty quiet. I had the camera on my workbench facing the kitchen for several days and never heard any sound from it at all unless I used the PTZ and that was quiet too. I guess I could ask Monica about it. I might order a couple more but would just want the PoE model like the last one I ordered.

I've been in contact with Monica using whatsapp. I told her that I was thinking about ordering a couple more but hadn't decided for sure yet. She asked me "how you want them shipped?", as if I had already decided to order them. lol

Congrats on taking the plunge alphawave7. :)