Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish you would stop talking so good about this cam before I fold & buy one...LOL
Is the link in the 1st post correct? Would I need to communicate with "Monica" or just use the buy it now?
Assuming I fold soon :)

Michael

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish you would stop talking so good about this cam before I fold & buy one...LOL
Is the link in the 1st post correct? Would I need to communicate with "Monica" or just use the buy it now?

Michael
Haha
Go on Michael fold!!!

I have the speed dome so I'm not sure about the link in this thread

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fold and be weak like the rest of us who have already folded. To be sure, I'd get in touch with Monica first as I initially made the mistake of buying from the link in the first post and then finding out it wasn't the POE version. Luckily Monica was kind enough to cancel the order and let me order the POE version instead.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Michael
I ordered poe version from the link in the first post of this thread and did not deal with Monica directly. I did note on order to make sure it was poe version, and that I learned about the camera from ipcamtalk.com. It arrived yesterday and working good.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The links in the first post here are correct , there is another configuration available with alarm and audio. I will update the post.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
FYI, talk to Monica about lowering shipping cost. She said she could have shipped for less via FedEx to my destination even though it was listed higher.

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
I can answer question 1
I have the same setup recording to nas (and old laptop)
The Huisun cameras don't seem to support nas at all there's no option in the configuration for it. (I have the speed dome version)

So I now need to decide which way to go in regards an nvr as I have two hiks running and recording to nas at present.

So at the minute I have a very nice cam that I can't record from ��

Other than that I can't fault them
Thanks for the reply reeves1985.

I am confused. Looking at the youtube clip (post #43), it appears that SD card is supported.

On all events, storage is possible on a SD card in the "normal linkage" section. See 4:08 for instance.

The fact that there is no detected HDD (clip at 5:27) only means that there is no SD card INSERTED yet.

So the question remains ???

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply reeves1985.

I am confused. Looking at the youtube clip (post #43), it appears that SD card is supported.

On all events, storage is possible on a SD card in the "normal linkage" section. See 4:08 for instance.

The fact that there is no detected HDD (clip at 5:27) only means that there is no SD card INSERTED yet.

So the question remains ???
My speed dome shipped without sd card slot by mistake so although I have the sd card options I don't have a physical slot.

Monica has offered to send me the card module to install but I'm not sure how easy it would be to install on the speed dome

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Speed dome IP camera from Huisun? Which model is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I may have a reprieve, Monica never responded so I might not have to buy one ;)
Strange, she is usually quick to respond within a day. Although she does say how busy she is every time :)

I am tempted to get a 4th one, but I will wait a few month, maybe something else pops up which is even better.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Here's is the user manual for reference.
@klasipca Can you update and include in first post? Thanks.

Done. I never actually seen the manual and looks like they are listing wifi settings there. Has anyone tried wifi? I don't need it, but it would be cool if it works.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Done. I never actually seen the manual and looks like they are listing wifi settings there. Has anyone tried wifi? I don't need it, but it would be cool if it works.
The option is there, but it doesn't work. More than likely there's a module for it, or at least planned for future.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI. I tried setting up Line Crossing Detection from my 7608-N E2/8P series NVR and get an error message that the camera does not support this feature. If someone with a different NVR model is able to set it up, please post, otherwise it seems that it is not possible until maybe a future firmware update. Regular motion detection and alarm input triggers work fine.