Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Spec isn't everything, there is a lot of discrepancies. I did my own testing with a KillaWatt:

Power up: up to 6 watt
Idle 2 bottom leds: 5 watt
Idle 2 upper leds: 7 watt
Idle no leds: 1-2 watt
PTZ action with 2 bottom leds: spiked to 11 watt, but stayed between 9-10 watt
PTZ action with 2 upper leds: 11 watt
PTZ action no leds: 2 watt

Bottom line: No where near rated 18 watt and will be fine in NVR. FYI the 4 LEDs on the cam do not work all at the same.

As a comparison my 4MP Dome 2142FWD is
Idle: 2 watt
LEDs on: up to 4 watt
Thank You

sass24

n3wb
Reaction score
Got HS- SCB405IPV10 . FTP and emailing not work, motion detection gives very often false reports, PTZ sometimes gives errors with IVMS 4200 V2.00. When zoomed out over 8x, then picture is foggy, cannot adjust. Asked new firmware, sent psw protected zip-file instead .dav- file, nothing help. Motion detection not suitable with IVMS 4200 V2.03. Not recommnded, if You want true security camera. If You like see only picture, then may be.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got HS- SCB405IPV10 . FTP and emailing not work, motion detection gives very often false reports, PTZ sometimes gives errors with IVMS 4200 V2.00. When zoomed out over 8x, then picture is foggy, cannot adjust. Asked new firmware, sent psw protected zip-file instead .dav- file, nothing help. Motion detection not suitable with IVMS 4200 V2.03. Not recommnded, if You want true security camera. If You like see only picture, then may be.
I never used FTP. Emailing I haven't tried yet, but I can test it out. Motion detection will give false reports on any cam. I haven't gotten any errors in IVMS 4200/4500 or NVR. Also none of my 3 cams exhibit foggy lens, so perhaps yours is defective. What is a "true security camera"? Is that the one you can buy in Costco in a 10 pack?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is firmware V5.0.2 build 140321 the latest for this camera?
I can't look it up at the moment, but I think it's actually 1.0.2.

One thing that annoys me about this cam, you can't access/view settings in any browser without plugin and that plugin at work trips Antivirus protection and blocks access.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

sass24

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried also with web, this has configuration fields for these functions, but theu dont work.
IVMS is attached with camera CD. Look like HuisunTv suggest this software.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I'll test email/motion when I get home. I was curious about it, but never got a chance to test it. I am simply recording 24x7 at the moment.

sass24

n3wb
Reaction score
Recording 24/7 is absolutely pointless, You need record only events, :). Because i before said, that this is'nt true security camera. Motion detection and email notification, also FTP upload must work. Without these is it useful for security.
I see, You have many HIKVision cameras, try with them. They works as described.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Recording 24/7 is absolutely pointless, You need record only events, :). Because i before said, that this is'nt true security camera. Motion detection and email notification, also FTP upload must work. Without these is it useful for security.
You still haven't said what is a true security camera. Motion detection will suck on any camera without PIR, this camera has external inputs for alarms (if you ordered the right model). I am only setting motion alerts at one location, I don't want to be bothered to be notified all false alarms from other cams, hence I am keeping 24x7 recording.

sass24

n3wb
Reaction score
Try motion detection with IVMS V2.03 (the latest). For this You need also update our HIKVision cameras firmware. I think, You begin like it.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll test email/motion when I get home. I was curious about it, but never got a chance to test it. I am simply recording 24x7 at the moment.
Email is working fine for me through the web interface, a lot of false alarms but no different than any other cam.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recording 24/7 is absolutely pointless, You need record only events, :).
What? If you manage to get rid of all the false positives, you will most likely miss some events. Sure I would like to only record events but that's not 100% possible.

Recording 24/7 is anything but absolutely pointless. Most installers here would recommend having at least one main camera doing this so you don't miss vital footage.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Email is working fine for me through the web interface, a lot of false alarms but no different than any other cam.
Yeah, I doubted they would overlook this feature. Thanks!

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What? If you manage to get rid of all the false positives, you will most likely miss some events. Sure I would like to only record events but that's not 100% possible.

Recording 24/7 is anything but absolutely pointless. Most installers here would recommend having at least one main camera doing this so you don't miss vital footage.

Definately, I would recommend always 24/7 recording to our customers, salesman sells to them on basis of motion recording and a couple months recording time, once I explain to them about false positives and missed events then 9/10 will always go for continuous.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I try to use ivmas4500 connect to the camera without using the nvr. it's doesn't work. but work under nvr.
I have a similar problem. With iVMS 4500 it works if I'm viewing/controlling the PTZ in the local network, but not outside (remote). If I connect to NVR via iVMS 4500, then I can control the view/control for the camera in either the local or remote networks. Weird.
Not sure if you guys figured it out, but for me, I had to open port 554 for IVMS4500 to work externally. Without it, IVM4500 would see the camera, but would not stream it.

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Very interesting thread.
Although I have read it from start to end, I may have missed something.

1. I am not using any NVR and do not want to have a PC running all the time, so...
Is this camera able to store events on anything else? NAS, built-in SD card...?

2. Do you know of any means to send preset commands to the camera without PC or NVR?
I see in the specs (youtube clip, beginning of this thread) that alarm input can trigger a preset, but only one. Could that be extended to more?
Has anybody investigated into sending HTML codes with DIY hardware ? (i.e. PIC microcontrollers)
My idea is to build a sort-of basic tracking system using presets, triggered by external PIRs and/or IR barriers (that I already have).

I am currently using a hik's 2142FWD-IS and a USB NAS. And I want to upgrade to some other cameras, hopefully one beeing PTZ.
Thanks for your answers. Sorry, thats a lot of questions...
JP

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Very interesting thread.
Although I have read it from start to end, I may have missed something.

1. I am not using any NVR and do not want to have a PC running all the time, so...
Is this camera able to store events on anything else? NAS, built-in SD card...?

2. Do you know of any means to send preset commands to the camera without PC or NVR?
I see in the specs (youtube clip, beginning of this thread) that alarm input can trigger a preset, but only one. Could that be extended to more?
Has anybody investigated into sending HTML codes with DIY hardware ? (i.e. PIC microcontrollers)
My idea is to build a sort-of basic tracking system using presets, triggered by external PIRs and/or IR barriers (that I already have).

I am currently using a hik's 2142FWD-IS and a USB NAS. And I want to upgrade to some other cameras, hopefully one beeing PTZ.
Thanks for your answers. Sorry, thats a lot of questions...
JP
I can answer question 1
I have the same setup recording to nas (and old laptop)
The Huisun cameras don't seem to support nas at all there's no option in the configuration for it. (I have the speed dome version)

So I now need to decide which way to go in regards an nvr as I have two hiks running and recording to nas at present.

So at the minute I have a very nice cam that I can't record from

Other than that I can't fault them