Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed one of these cams about 9 months ago (like the OP's) and it works great. Mine has the audio/alarm function and I just now connected an external mic. Unfortunately the mic requires 12 volts DC. Anyone happen to know if there's any place to grab 12 volts from the camera? The camera is on POE.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed one of these cams about 9 months ago (like the OP's) and it works great. Mine has the audio/alarm function and I just now connected an external mic. Unfortunately the mic requires 12 volts DC. Anyone happen to know if there's any place to grab 12 volts from the camera? The camera is on POE.
You won't be able to pull 12 volts out of the camera, but you could use a passive injector/splitter combo to send 12 volts down 4 of the wires while PoE power + data goes down the other 4 wires. I'm using this one myself for exactly the purpose of powering a microphone attached to a PoE camera. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NRHNPUA First, disconnect the existing cable from the PoE switch and from camera. Connect the passive injector between the PoE switch and the network cable. Then plug in a 12 volt adapter to the DC jack on the passive injector. Then, attach the passive splitter between the cable and the camera, and the DC jack on the splitter will have 12 volts while the RJ45 on the splitter will have 48 volt standard PoE.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow bp2008, I am super grateful for your help and instructions. I've ordered the injector/splitter kit and sure look forward to hearing that mic work. I can't thank you enough!

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to installing a mic on my mini PTZ camera. The audio far exceeds my expectations (clean audio, no buzz, super loud and sensitive). Thanks again for all of the help.

dutchblook

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the camera installed and wanted to use POE. When connected to a Dahua NVR, the camera works fine.
this seems to be an endspan solution. However when i use a PowerDsine endspan adapter, the camera wont work.

After reading on the internet is seems there are type A and B 802af adapters, does somebody know which midspan adapter works with this cam?

The difference seems to be in the wires that carry the power.

I measured no power on 45/78 when working with the Dahua NVR thus power is supplied over 12/36. Which endspan adapter is suitable since the standard does not seem to be so standard.

Thanks for helping out..

Edit: the camera also works when powered over 45/78, had a broken cable running to the computer. My mistake.
The Dahua is mode A, power over 12/36, and the midspan i have is mode B, but is also works now.
Conclusion is that the camera is fully 802.3af compliant.

Last edited:

omserland

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to find a way to reset this camera to Factory defaults ?

I have issues finding the correct ip after someone changed it.

Hoping for help! Thanks in advance!

omserland

n3wb
Reaction score
alastairstevenson,

Thanks for your pormp reply!
Yes, i tried this software, but unfortunatly i am not able to see the camera.?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
alastairstevenson,

Thanks for your pormp reply!
Yes, i tried this software, but unfortunatly i am not able to see the camera.?
SADP is the tool this camera uses to find these cameras I have 2.

The only other way will be to try the onvif device manager tool

omserland

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked with my friend, and he told me the IP.
I am able to ping the camera connected to my computer via Ethernet, but i am not able to access it thoroug WEB or Client software.

More cheap, more problems....
I am reading on your forum for some tips...

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since he knew the IP maybe he knows the password.....

If not maybe you can find help here.
Huisun Password reset
If you cannot access the web gui my bet is the access port is different to the standard 80.

I know I have my http port different on 1 camera and if I don't put the full ip including the http:// and the :port number it won't access the camera

This wouldn't mean that sadp tool can't see it though, it should still be able to see it

omserland

n3wb
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I manage to see the cam now in the SADP list, but have no way of getting into the WEB interface, or connecting to it throug any third party clients. also tried Telnet, but Could not open connection to the host.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I manage to see the cam now in the SADP list, but have no way of getting into the WEB interface, or connecting to it throug any third party clients. also tried Telnet, but Could not open connection to the host.
What port is sadp saying the camera is using?

It sounds to me like it might be a dodgy network cable.

Or as I mentioned before using a port other than the default 80

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It says 8000.

tried two different cables. double checked them with another cam. all good!
Port 8000 is the port the hikvision app will use.

Download the hikvision app on your mobile
Set the IP and add the password (I'm not sure if you know it or not from your posts)
And see if it works.

If this works the http is on a different port to 80