Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Shipping back to china will be expensive..just sell it on ebay...I think you need to be fair to the seller, the camera was advertised as AHD, not a network camera. Did you connect it to an AHD dvr to confirm there is no OSD menu?
Definitely sell it on ebay, I was recently asked to ship back defective $16 bulbs back to China, usps priority mail was $62...

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shipping back to china will be expensive..just sell it on ebay...I think you need to be fair to the seller, the camera was advertised as AHD, not a network camera. Did you connect it to an AHD dvr to confirm there is no OSD menu?
No, but I was expecting the OSD button to be built into the cable which is how I would access the OSD on my other OSD enabled cameras.

Definitely sell it on ebay, I was recently asked to ship back defective $16 bulbs back to China, usps priority mail was $62...
I have some connections to ship this back for 30$CAD, express 5 day, so I'm not too worried about cost.

The conversation was like...no you cant return it, would you like to buy more IP cameras? I will allow return if you buy 10. It's like, It's not something I want to hear, and you still trying to push to get more money from me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, but I was expecting the OSD button to be built into the cable which is how I would access the OSD on my other OSD enabled cameras.
Is there a connection to plug a controller into? or just bnc and power?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Need some advice, so AHD that I bought isn't compatible with my client's swan system. So I messaged Monica asking if I can return it (i pay shipping) and pay extra for the IP version.

She said no. no return unless you buy 10 pcs. Should I file a dispute?
sell them at ebay. if they take your cameras back...they lost the shipping. and it is not their mistake.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

I have some connections to ship this back for 30$CAD, express 5 day, so I'm not too worried about cost.

The conversation was like...no you cant return it, would you like to buy more IP cameras? I will allow return if you buy 10. It's like, It's not something I want to hear, and you still trying to push to get more money from me.
Aftersales support is generally not that great at Ali unless they can get more money out of you... Has anyone tried cancelling an order, it's almost impossible to convince that you no longer want that item

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you guys expecting warranty if the camera craps out? Just realized the listing has no mention at all about warranty.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you guys expecting warranty if the camera craps out? Just realized the listing has no mention at all about warranty.

No one expects a warranty for anything on ali...even if they list a "warranty"
1) shipping back is prohibitively expensive
2) its likely the seller will not longer be in business
3) even if the seller is still in business, they may simply ignore you
4) you may ship the camera back and get nothing in return...

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had good experience with a few seller. Sent it back, and they fixed it and sent it back to me. Overall time was 5 weeks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had good experience with a few seller. Sent it back, and they fixed it and sent it back to me. Overall time was 5 weeks.

It would cost half the price of the camera to send it back...5 week turnaround is terrible...so for most, the warranty is basically useless.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Not really, it's cheap enough that if it craps out I will just get another one. I never had an ip cam to crap out in me though.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think I would ship it back. USPS in USA cost 65$. As long as the camera arrived in my hand in working condition. Whatever parts broke. Ask her send replacement.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, motion detection doesn't work well, I sent these issues to Monica, hopefully they'll improve this:

1. Numerous false alarms due to light changes, 100s of emails during dusk/dawn hours... sensitivity set very low
2. Drawing frame detection area doesn't seem to work, it detects motion for entire frame

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since I don't plan on using motion this looks like it will fit my needs nicely.
Is Monica back from vacation yet? :)

Michael
Nope I just spoke to her about an issue I'm having.
But she's just given me some very contradictory info
Saying their cameras don't support ivms400

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think we need to keep things in perspective. These new, budget, unknown cameras are NOT Hikvision cameras. The fact that they have a stripped down Hikvision firmware, with PTZ, good IRs and most importantly, very affordable prices are nothing but a plus for a lot of us. I'm getting a bit frustrated with people wanting all functionalities of a real Hikvision product. If that's what some of you want, then you will need to spend the loot for the real thing. Also, it is still an unknown if these cameras will even be worth buying in the future, since we don't know their reliability yet. Let's just continue testing and abusing these things and report any issues we encounter like most of us are doing. Maybe we can find ways to resolve them, or at least make the supplier aware for hopefully future updates/fixes.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think we need to keep things in perspective. These new, budget, unknown cameras are NOT Hikvision cameras. The fact that they have a stripped down Hikvision firmware, with PTZ, good IRs and most importantly, very affordable prices are nothing but a plus for a lot of us. I'm getting a bit frustrated with people wanting all functionalities of a real Hikvision product. If that's what some of you want, then you will need to spend the loot for the real thing. Also, it is still an unknown if these cameras will even be worth buying in the future, since we don't know their reliability yet. Let's just continue testing and abusing these things and report any issues we encounter like most of us are doing. Maybe we can find ways to resolve them, or at least make the supplier aware for hopefully future updates/fixes.
I agree with what you have just posted there and I'm not meaning to come across that way myself as I think the camera is great for picture quality and you definitely get bang for your buck.

The point I think is its human nature to want more whatever the cost!
If you pay £50 or £1000 people will always want more.

Is it theoretically possible? I'm sure it is
Is it realistic? Maybe not

That's where forums like this come in great as we all know support from places like Ali express can be none existent at best.
It's the very knowledgeable people on here and other boards that help keep things alive.

There are certain things that could most definitely be better like motion detection but again at the moment we have to just take it for what it is

And like you say it's a very good budget ptz/speed dome camera.

I for one am not disappointed or unhappy that I sent the money on one.

In fact for its little niggles at the minute I will be buying another speed dome and a couple of these mini ptz

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree, it's value and features sure out way's and niggles you have.

If you want an all sing all dancing camera pay the extra, and ask Monica for the Hikvision module inside and pay the extra the option is there.