Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

sass24

n3wb
Reaction score
Theu are promised the camera have motion detection, emailing, ftp upload. How much it cost, does'nt matter. How do you know, that there has not been copied Hikvision modules?

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Theu are promised the camera have motion detection, emailing, ftp upload. How much it cost, does'nt matter. How do you know, that there has not been copied Hikvision modules?
The Huisun module probably is a copied hikvision module for all we know lol

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is their first firmware, if the camera sells well and people report issues I bet they will fix some firmware issues. Frankly all three so far working nicely for me aside from quirky motion detection

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Because of the popularity and good review on this thread, we decided to order one for testing as well. We were mainly concerned if the camera would work on our Ksenos VMS.

The camera finally arrived, package seemed to be used as a football, the cardboard box was now more of a ball shape. Rattling noise comes from the camera when handled, but I did not open it up to see whats loose. It does work, thats all I need from it now. From less than 1 hour of testing (will keep it up overnight to see how it acts during dark, with and without IR) I noticed the following:
- ONVIF works fine. I can add the camera as ONVIF camera, PTZ controls are supported via ONVIF as well.
- Pan and Tilt speeds are slow, Zoom seems to be a little bit faster. Presets also work, but naming them is not possible over ONVIF.
- Image quality is good but the angle seems to be only 45 degrees wide. Auto-focus does its job fine.
- Camera seems to be holding 25 fps @ 1920x1080 without any fps drops, some cheaper cameras cannot do this.

I will probably run some tests on patrols to see how well the motors hold up, but getting results might take some time.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can adjust the speed of the done
There is a slider in the web gui or if your feeling brave call present 95! And do it from the actual camera's osd

The pan and tilt buttons cycle up and down and right or focus is used for selecting/confirming

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can adjust the speed of the done
There is a slider in the web gui or if your feeling brave call present 95! And do it from the actual camera's osd

The pan and tilt buttons cycle up and down and right or focus is used for selecting/confirming
It would seem that the slider does not affect ONVIF PTZ speeds, and that maximum speed on slider and when controlled via web GUI is the same as maximum speed on ONVIF PTZ.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try calling preset 95 and using the actual camera's osd that may help
But I haven't tried it so I'm not sure if it will or won't

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try calling preset 95 and using the actual camera's osd that may help
But I haven't tried it so I'm not sure if it will or won't
Preset 95 -menu was a very nice find. I'm actually surprised there is such menu. It worked nicely via ONVIF aswell (tried from web GUI first), the way our PTZ controls work, I was able to use arrow keys to navigate the menu. How ever, there was no PTZ speed control. I believe this camera is not meant to move any faster, and as it's probably not meant for active surveillance, it doesnt have to move any faster.

I have no ran it on patrol for an hour, and notice a small connection loss every 5 minutes or so. Camera does not lose power, but image stream freezes for some seconds.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Preset 95 -menu was a very nice find. I'm actually surprised there is such menu. It worked nicely via ONVIF aswell (tried from web GUI first), the way our PTZ controls work, I was able to use arrow keys to navigate the menu. How ever, there was no PTZ speed control. I believe this camera is not meant to move any faster, and as it's probably not meant for active surveillance, it doesnt have to move any faster.

I have no ran it on patrol for an hour, and notice a small connection loss every 5 minutes or so. Camera does not lose power, but image stream freezes for some seconds.
I stumbled across it by accident but it's actually documented in the manual posted a few pages back
There's a few other presents as well to start patrol etc

I just wish there was a present to start auto tracking (on the speed dome not this mini ptz)

I've found that the ptz moves better in the web gui than ivms it's more responsive but I think that's down to it being a direct login to the cam as opposed to using ivms (which is maybe a second behind) if you compare

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because of the popularity and good review on this thread, we decided to order one for testing as well. We were mainly concerned if the camera would work on our Ksenos VMS.

The camera finally arrived, package seemed to be used as a football, the cardboard box was now more of a ball shape. Rattling noise comes from the camera when handled, but I did not open it up to see whats loose. It does work, thats all I need from it now. From less than 1 hour of testing (will keep it up overnight to see how it acts during dark, with and without IR) I noticed the following:
- ONVIF works fine. I can add the camera as ONVIF camera, PTZ controls are supported via ONVIF as well.
- Pan and Tilt speeds are slow, Zoom seems to be a little bit faster. Presets also work, but naming them is not possible over ONVIF.
- Image quality is good but the angle seems to be only 45 degrees wide. Auto-focus does its job fine.
- Camera seems to be holding 25 fps @ 1920x1080 without any fps drops, some cheaper cameras cannot do this.

I will probably run some tests on patrols to see how well the motors hold up, but getting results might take some time.
I also ordered one of these as a result of the info posted here. Like yours, the packaging was well and truly mashed, but the camera seems OK. It has the rattling noise you describe, but I believe from a post somewhere on the forums here that it is the packet of dessicant sealed into the unit.

Sadly though I didn't get the one I ordered, which was with POE, alarm and audio, I received the plain POE one instead. So now I have to wait until Monica is back from holidays to see what resolution she has to offer.

Edit: Resolved satisfactorily. Would happily buy from again.

Last edited by a moderator:

bensig

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered the POE only version after reading this very informative thread. Hopefully it works with my LaView NVR.
*keeping fingers crossed!*

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any news about this mini ptz cam working with BI?
BI support is aware of the problem and supposedly are working on a fix. They have access to my camera for testing, but haven't seen any remote logins lately. At least they know now is not a configuration/user issue.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having a communication issue with Monica that's making me nervous.
I think I am going to back off & wait a while to see how things go.
I hope everyone has better luck than me.

Michael

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Having a communication issue with Monica that's making me nervous.
I think I am going to back off & wait a while to see how things go.
I hope everyone has better luck than me.

Michael
They are on holiday or something this entire week.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may have worded that wrong, she is communicating, I'm just not liking what she is saying.
I consider Ae a risky proposition based on what I have read here. I can afford to lose the money but I chose to be as careful as possible.
I hope all your transactions go smoothly.
I may try again later depending on what I see here.

Michael

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I may have worded that wrong, she is communicating, I'm just not liking what she is saying.
I consider Ae a risky proposition based on what I have read here. I can afford to lose the money but I chose to be as careful as possible.
I hope all your transactions go smoothly.
I may try again later depending on what I see here.

Michael
So what are you really asking her? She doesn't communicate well but I didn't really have any out of the ordinary issues with her communication.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah Monica is getting annoying for me despite me backing off on the return of the AHD camera, she keeps telling me to upgrade my system to AHD, and I told her already why go AHD when IP is better, then she asks me how many orders do you want to place? 5? 10? ..gosh.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk