Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
One question: According to the spec, focus can be either auto or manual.

When manual, is the value stored in the presets? Different presets, different values...

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any news about this mini ptz cam working with BI?
BI support is aware of the problem and supposedly are working on a fix. They have access to my camera for testing, but haven't seen any remote logins lately. At least they know now is not a configuration/user issue.
Big changes to the network camera configuration window! *The make/model list has been broken out and will allow for*a much larger camera template database. *The process of locating cameras on your network has become much simpler with a new network camera discover window.
The post Version 4.1.9 appeared first on Blue Iris.

Was hoping the new BI 4.1.9 version was going to find the right parameters for the camera, but still no luck. Hopefully soon.

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One question: According to the spec, focus can be either auto or manual.

When manual, is the value stored in the presets? Different presets, different values...
Manual focus is stored on preset. Tested to work on both ONVIF and web GUI.

Manual focus just is not completely manual, as when the camera is zoomed, it will automatically focus it on zoom command. This is how it should work obviously, but it does focus automatically even though the setting is manual ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
I was thinking of external program(s) using JSON interface (many thanks Ken!) and presets to focus automatically on offending area.
BI beeing unattended, triggers could be external PIR, barriers, etc... Sort of basic tracking.

When getting to selected preset, it could have spared a few seconds if focus was already in memory.
Pointless if auto focus is *very* fast though.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, this is weird.
I got charged $8.09 more than my order amount, is this normal?
Check it's not a bank charges for currency

Although saying that any purchase I've ever made I haven't been charged extra by bank or Ali express

I'm in the UK using a Halifax account

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep exchange rates, AE rates are never 100% accurate I normally allow 6-10$ difference.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm in the USA, I didn't consider that, I will keep that in mind for the future.
Yet another reason to buy local ;)
Using the UK app it used local GBP and probably takes exchange rates into account as what it says in the app is what I get charged no extra fees.

It's always different to the actual exchange rate

Not sure why you would pay exchange rates if your paying in $ as that's the trading currency unless the extra is to change it to the yen yen their end
I'm just guessing here though

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what color rocks will be in the box assuming I receive a box......LOL
Kidding guys, no need to bash this comment :) but if you do be creative.

Michael

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never knew there's a difference in pricing with the order total and what they charged..... Now I'm gonna look at my statements

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

bensig

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, this is weird.
I got charged $8.09 more than my order amount, is this normal?
Weird. I live in TX too. My CC statement shows the same amount that I was charged on AliExpress ($168.67 shipped for the POE only model)

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I asked about the difference, she has been online several times with no explanation.

She responded a few minutes ago saying it might be a bank fee on my end?
Does paypal charge fees? I used my prepaid paypal card to minimize risk.
It looks like a normal charge to me.

Michael

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can always cancel the order in AE and add the reason why. Chances are they will fix the price to what you originally agreed, if not then you'll get all your money back. Me personally would not bother for $8, especially if I really wanted the camera, but $8 is a six pack in my fridge for Sunday's games. I've purchased over 10 differents items from Ali and always paid the amount listed in the agreed transaction. I would definitely question additional charges if I had any.

*Edit*
I've never used paypal, so maybe that's their fee?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can always cancel the order in AE and add the reason why. Chances are they will fix the price to what you originally agreed, if not then you'll get all your money back. Me personally would not bother for $8, especially if I really wanted the camera, but $8 is a six pack in my fridge for Sunday's games. I've purchased over 10 differents items from Ali and always paid the amount listed in the agreed transaction. I would definitely question additional charges if I had any.
I've a funny feeling it will be the PayPal card
PayPal never do anything without fees!!!

When Ali used to accept PayPal as a payment method there was always some form of charge which because I'm in the UK was always incorporated into the currency exchange