4 & 5 = Blue (same wire)
6 = Green
7 & 8 = Yellow (same wire)

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fluke meter set too continuity.
Pin to wire, pin to wire, etc...
Then I cut the connector open which confirmed the testing.
They had bridged 4&5, 7&8 with solder combining the tabs.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fluke meter set too continuity.
Pin to wire, pin to wire, etc...
Then I cut the connector open which confirmed the testing.
They had bridged 4&5, 7&8 with solder combining the tabs.
Nice job

Could come in very handy if anyone else is unfortunate enough to have it happen to them

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone found an ideal setting for night time/IR recording. It appears that combination of settings (2D/3D noise reduction, WDR, gain etc...) cause artifacts in motion, but I haven't been able to find a sweet spot.

On a different subject, I suspect Monica uses translate app and when someone asks her anything complex besides "I want to buy the cam" she doesn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine fixed...WooHoo
If anyone is interested...
Pin
1 = Violet
2 = Brown
3 = White
4 & 5 = Blue (same wire)
6 = Green
7 & 8 = Yellow (same wire)
Having exactly the same issue. Moisture entered inside connector, despite of the fact I used the provided protective cap and rubber seals.
Contacts 2 and 3 were blackened by moisture. POE not working any more. But camera does work with external 12V supply.

Seems to me not enough gold on contacts. I just scratched them a little and it works again. I wonder how long this will last....

What would be a decent way to make it last more than one night outdoors? :shame:
I can change the female connector as I am used to soldering irons. Where do I get one?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having exactly the same issue. Moisture entered inside connector, despite of the fact I used the provided protective cap and rubber seals.
Contacts 2 and 3 were blackened by moisture. POE not working any more. But camera does work with external 12V supply.

Seems to me not enough gold on contacts. I just scratched them a little and it works again. I wonder how long this will last....

What would be a decent way to make it last more than one night? :shame:
I can change the female connector as I am used to soldering irons. Where do I get one?
Get it in a junction box and be done with it

It might be a bit bigger and not look as sleek as you'd like but it will save you the headache of messing about

A junction box placed in the right position and done properly makes the install look more professional IMHO

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrap the connection in coax seal and place it in a junction box as suggested.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone found an ideal setting for night time/IR recording. It appears that combination of settings (2D/3D noise reduction, WDR, gain etc...) cause artifacts in motion, but I haven't been able to find a sweet spot.

On a different subject, I suspect Monica uses translate app and when someone asks her anything complex besides "I want to buy the cam" she doesn't get it.
I have good results with these settings, WDR seems to just add noise so I turn it off, adjust gain to to the lowest setting you can as this will also add noise.

Image Adjustment:
all at 50

Exposure Settings:
Exposure Mode - Auto
Exposure Bias - Off
Comp Level - 50
Gain Limit - 70

Backlight Settings:
WDR - Off

Image Enhancement:
DNR - On
2D - 50
3D - 65

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I soldered cat5e wire to the cam wires, shrink wrapped them, then used a punch down female connector.
For 4&5, 7&8 I just looped the wire back to the second connection.
I used this type of connector: http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cat5E-Toolless-Keystone-100310/dp/B002NKDXEA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1446079265&sr=8-9&keywords=Ethernet+RJ45+keystone
Suggested by fenderman

Michael
P.S. I have received a lot of help from this forum, it's nice to be able to give back even in a small way, thanks Everyone :)

What would be a decent way to make it last more than one night outdoors? :shame:

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my mini ptz about a week ago. Finally got around to installing it yesterday. Plugged in the cat 5, walked back to my nvr room, fired up SADP, and it recognized the camera with the default ip address. I changed it for my network and changed the default gateway, and whala! camera was now on the network. I then went to my nvr conection (it is an eyesurv 16 port non poe, but for all intents and purposes a rebranded dahua 4216) and added it. No problem whatsoever. I am powering it through a zyxel poe+ switch (I have two of them, eight port each) and they deliver 30 watts per port (total of 240 watts - they have worked flawlessly so far). I opened up the camera page and was knocked back at the astounding clarity and definition of the view! Hands down, this beats even my 3mp dahua and hik cameras that I have on my nvr. My first ptz, played around with it and was astounded that the ptz controls work right from the nvr---remember this is a rebranded dahua nvr and I don't think it is supposed to work with a hik type camera? well, I don't have to go to a webpage for the ptz function, which is a big plus. Everything seems to work incredibly smooth. I set all the values that are specific for my network that I wanted in the camera web page using firefox, however, for some reason the location of the "snapshots" and "recordings" could not be changed. It defaulted to my c: driver under "users", etc. etc. about three directories down. I don't know why it didn't save those settings. But I think it changed the other ones that I plugged in (fps, bit rate, etc.). I only record 24/7 365 so all that other stuff like remote, etc. etc., I don't need. Keeping it simple.

The night vision is very good, as it lights up my large back yard which is where the camera is mounted. However, the tilt up is not as much as I would have hoped. When the camera is "level", if I maximum tilt up (10 is the value here) it only seems to tilt up just a bit more than level. I am wondering if this is normal? Tilt down is another story, as I can see right down to the concrete below the camera. I am going to have to mount this camera about 6 feet higher in order to get it to where I need to see stuff (there are houses on a hill just above my back yard and I want a view there if I need it, since one neighbor likes to burn his trash from time to time, and this is a violation in my city.) so the camera is going on a pole that my tv antenna is connected to that starts from poured concrete in the ground and extends about 15 feet high. that way, i can take advantage of the downward tilt, since it is much greater than the upward tilt.

I WILL be buying another camera in a couple of days. I love this camera and the excellent definition it provides.

does anyone suggest updating the firmware from the netviewcctv website? Is this necessary? what enhancements will that provide.

p.s. I have a slight jerky frame lasting about one second while I was watching the camera last night. I need to watch it for about an hour and see if this continues. but all in all, I am very very pleased with this ptz both in price and quality. I hope it lasts and lasts.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my mini ptz about a week ago. Finally got around to installing it yesterday. Plugged in the cat 5, walked back to my nvr room, fired up SADP, and it recognized the camera with the default ip address. I changed it for my network and changed the default gateway, and whala! camera was now on the network. I then went to my nvr conection (it is an eyesurv 16 port non poe, but for all intents and purposes a rebranded dahua 4216) and added it. No problem whatsoever. I am powering it through a zyxel poe+ switch (I have two of them, eight port each) and they deliver 30 watts per port (total of 240 watts - they have worked flawlessly so far). I opened up the camera page and was knocked back at the astounding clarity and definition of the view! Hands down, this beats even my 3mp dahua and hik cameras that I have on my nvr. My first ptz, played around with it and was astounded that the ptz controls work right from the nvr---remember this is a rebranded dahua nvr and I don't think it is supposed to work with a hik type camera? well, I don't have to go to a webpage for the ptz function, which is a big plus. Everything seems to work incredibly smooth. I set all the values that are specific for my network that I wanted in the camera web page using firefox, however, for some reason the location of the "snapshots" and "recordings" could not be changed. It defaulted to my c: driver under "users", etc. etc. about three directories down. I don't know why it didn't save those settings. But I think it changed the other ones that I plugged in (fps, bit rate, etc.). I only record 24/7 365 so all that other stuff like remote, etc. etc., I don't need. Keeping it simple.

The night vision is very good, as it lights up my large back yard which is where the camera is mounted. However, the tilt up is not as much as I would have hoped. When the camera is "level", if I maximum tilt up (10 is the value here) it only seems to tilt up just a bit more than level. I am wondering if this is normal? Tilt down is another story, as I can see right down to the concrete below the camera. I am going to have to mount this camera about 6 feet higher in order to get it to where I need to see stuff (there are houses on a hill just above my back yard and I want a view there if I need it, since one neighbor likes to burn his trash from time to time, and this is a violation in my city.) so the camera is going on a pole that my tv antenna is connected to that starts from poured concrete in the ground and extends about 15 feet high. that way, i can take advantage of the downward tilt, since it is much greater than the upward tilt.

I WILL be buying another camera in a couple of days. I love this camera and the excellent definition it provides.

does anyone suggest updating the firmware from the netviewcctv website? Is this necessary? what enhancements will that provide.

p.s. I have a slight jerky frame lasting about one second while I was watching the camera last night. I need to watch it for about an hour and see if this continues. but all in all, I am very very pleased with this ptz both in price and quality. I hope it lasts and lasts.
James99,

Which PTZ did you set up? I've got a Dahua NVR and would love to put up one of these for 150 bucks if it works!!!

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
James99,

Which PTZ did you set up? I've got a Dahua NVR and would love to put up one of these for 150 bucks if it works!!!
Confused, this whole thread is the mini ptz bullet. Pretty sure he bought what was recommended here.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have had this ptz mounted for a couple of days and only one real problem that I hope I can get a solution to here....I noticed that my video output on the camera was slightly "wobbling", just slightly. I walked to where it is mounted and looked up at it (I can see it clearly through my sliding patio door as it is mounted just above the door, on the roof "trim". There sat a big, fat, black crow. Right on top of my camera! These birds are big! He (she?) was causing it to wobble slightly, even though it uses all four screws to secure it to the wood. Does anyone know of an effective trick, method, etc. of keeping these pesky creatures off of their cameras? How do people handle this particular problem?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have had this ptz mounted for a couple of days and only one real problem that I hope I can get a solution to here....I noticed that my video output on the camera was slightly "wobbling", just slightly. I walked to where it is mounted and looked up at it (I can see it clearly through my sliding patio door as it is mounted just above the door, on the roof "trim". There sat a big, fat, black crow. Right on top of my camera! These birds are big! He (she?) was causing it to wobble slightly, even though it uses all four screws to secure it to the wood. Does anyone know of an effective trick, method, etc. of keeping these pesky creatures off of their cameras? How do people handle this particular problem?

We use spike strips at work to keep them away, forget there actual name though.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We use spike strips at work to keep them away, forget there actual name though.
Just called 'bird spikes'..usually metal pins in a plastic support. One could fashion their own for this specific purpose, however. Even a piece of wood with a hanger cut into small sections, or long nails...most anything would work to dissuade them.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone used the internal card slot in the mini bullet yet, and have it working? I don't need or use one but was curious if anyone else is using it. I prefer to record to a 2TB hard drive in my BI system.

11-1-2015 2-37-59 PM.jpg