Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While I can be wrong (hardly ever! LOL!), I just don't see a fan in this cam, based on several observations...1) no where are there any vents to exhaust, 2) I don't see a significant heat source in the components/IC board, and no sinks are visible, 3) no user reports, up to 1 user whose vid has significant background noise that sounds nothing like a fan within the cam itself, just a sensitive mic.
Thanks again Lare...while I would have used your credit card info on this purchase, I decided to give you an early Xmas present, and leave some room on your balance to possibly buy yourself another. I still hold you fully responsible, however...so you're not entirely off the hook! ;) Cheers!

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
While I can be wrong (hardly ever! LOL!), I just don't see a fan in this cam, based on several observations...1) no where are there any vents to exhaust, 2) I don't see a significant heat source in the components/IC board, and no sinks are visible, 3) no user reports, up to 1 user whose vid has significant background noise that sounds nothing like a fan within the cam itself, just a sensitive mic.
Thanks again Lare...while I would have used your credit card info on this purchase, I decided to give you an early Xmas present, and leave some room on your balance to possibly buy yourself another. I still hold you fully responsible, however...so you're not entirely off the hook! ;) Cheers!
like i said before, i cant locate and see where they put fans on camera also, but if you put your ears into camera closely it can be heard, sound fans spining, dont know maybe i'm from indonesia its hot in here thats why fans always on

if IR lit its become heat inside

*if you guys still cannot heard the fans spining sound, maybe only just my ears like spiderman LOL

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this my reason why i'm picking up audio+alarm+poe version its because i'm allready purchase the speed dome one (not support poe),

1st power adaptor must to plug directly if you use poe splitter camera acting funny (ptz freez or rebooting sometimes) so next order i've to buy poe support

2nd motion detector its cant draw some area, its always trigger whole screen, so next order i've buy alarm for trigger

3rd i need sound (but no luck its to much noise..oke pass)

so i'm allready set my alarm into my door bell, who press bell its tigger preset on camera

and send me push email notification..so no more false alarm again :)

trigger.jpg

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is no fan in there. You may ask how I know? There was a piece of dust on the sensor and Monica told me to take it apart and wipe it with a piece of cloth. So lets put this debate to rest.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no fan in there. You may ask how I know? There was a piece of dust on the sensor and Monica told me to take it apart and wipe it with a piece of cloth. So lets put this debate to rest.
Appreciate the confirmation...good to know I'm never* wrong! LOL!
*hardly ever

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thx for the clarify

Appreciate the confirmation...good to know I'm never* wrong! LOL!
*hardly ever
oke you won, remain me if you come to indonesia, i'll treat you a cup of java cofee :)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just for the record...Many ptz cams that do have fans in them also have temperature sensors in which the fans will not cut on unless it starts getting hot inside the housing. So just putting your ear to the housing wouldn't confirm a fan because there may be one that just isn't running at the time. Same goes for heaters. Many of the more advanced PTZ's have heaters inside the housing that are programmed to cut on if it gets cold in the housing.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Regarding the SD card, I been looking for what size is recommended, can't find the info, if any of you knows please post the information.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that it would take a 32GB SD card. I'm not sure if it will take any higher capacity than that. I don't use a SD card, so haven't tried it.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that it would take a 32GB SD card. I'm not sure if it will take any higher capacity than that. I don't use a SD card, so haven't tried it.
I was told by Monica that 32GB was max supported size

I've have one in my speed dome but because motion detection is not great it ended up recording more or less 24/7 so 32GB was a waste of time

Plus the actual playback portion of the web gui is terrible as it doesn't order anything and just uses number 1,2,3 etc
I just gave up and got a nvr

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I keep pressing Monica to fix the damn motion detection... So far she has been great at selling them but after sales support is so-so. Does anyone else care about motion detection? Can anyone else try to report motion detection issues to her?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I keep pressing Monica to fix the damn motion detection... So far she has been great at selling them but after sales support is so-so. Does anyone else care about motion detection? Can anyone else try to report motion detection issues to her?
Sorry, I use BI for motion detection with this camera and it works fine. I haven't tried the cameras internal firmware motion detection. Might give it a shot though to see how it works.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To be fair
Motion detection isn't a priority for me as I use the auto tracking feature a lot and that kicks off motion detection so doesn't really matter for me it's set to 24/7 record now

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a MOST EXCELLENT idea Korakora! View attachment 6190
glad can be share Q :)

yup mine to, draw some area but motion detect whole screen, thats why i'm combination with alarm input

Last edited by a moderator:

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Regarding the SD card, I been looking for what size is recommended, can't find the info, if any of you knows please post the information.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie
I keep thinking or I've seen that that max size is 32GB.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I use BI for motion detection with this camera and it works fine. I haven't tried the cameras internal firmware motion detection. Might give it a shot though to see how it works.
I am using Hikvision NVR, the strange thing is that it requires configuring/enabling motion detection in both camera and NVR together in order to function. Despite that the actual settings it uses from the camera.