Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

dmanindfw

n3wb
Reaction score
That is a huge camera to mount that low. I understand you want ptz, but a turret cam would be much better suited in that location or a mini dome / recessed ptz if you must have ptz.
Its not really that low. Do you have one? I honestly think its quite small but I'm new to the game.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's small for a PTZ but it's big mainly because it sticks out alot. It's not exactly discreet!
Being at that height, it would be easy for someone to grab and rip down if they wanted.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Being at that height, it would be easy for someone to grab and rip down if they wanted.
Good point, you really need a fixed camera at those heights.

If you tighten up a bullet (e.g. DS-2CD2032-I) it becomes very difficult to move, so you don't have to restrict yourself to a dome.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Me, I just use turret domes and be done with it. Hard to grab and great matrix ir.

dmanindfw

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I did Hik (well LTS - thanks Milkisbad) turrets (non-PTZ) for front and back doors (2.8mm)...very impressed with the quality but wanted more reach and PTZ to cover my curved front street.

Reaction score
New Huisun Mini PTZ Camera

New Camera Shipped and received!!!!

Today I received the new version of the bullet mini PTZ IP camera now dubbed as HS-SCB415IP-V10-E. The camera looks like a Hikvision EXIR camera (like the camera as pictured on the Huisun store webpage on Aliexpress). HAve just unpacked the camera and not tested it yet, but looks good.
As with others shipment was fast but packaging damaged during transport. Will try to connect it to my computer coming Friday and once I am back home again will upload the pictures of the box and its content. The small CD withI do not know what was damaged and illegible in my computer. Will try to get the files via Monica. Keep you updated and post the pictures shortly.

Attachments

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just received my camera but I am not sure what I actually got.

The model number on the box is HS-SCB-405IP-V10-E. this is the AliExpress page for exactly what I ordered... it says 2016 but as far as I can tell, that model number is for 2015. I was ordering right around the time they changed so I may have gotten screwed.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You didn't get screwed horseflesh, you did read the fine print. 15 days before the Chinese newyear and 15 days after the newyear "DONT ORDER ANYTHING" from china or you get setup to get screwed. ENOUGH complaining. This site has warned all of you enough times not to order anything from china during these times. Emails/shipping time/money/assistance is all shut down during these days. Be quiet until Chinese newyear is over. They will get back online. No Bitching until its over

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't see that fine print.

Anyway, I am happy with the camera even if it's not the 2016 model.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't care about the looks then you are not missing much, cams are nearly identical in terms of performance

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you say nearly, what else is different between them in performance. i'm assuming you aren't referring to the decal relating to its performance.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am referring to image quality. v2 has a very slight edge to it by using IMX322 vs IMX222 in v1. Apart from that everything else appears same in terms of focusing, speed of movement etc... Also I mentioned in v2 they added up to 160x digital zoom which actually gives decent results vs blowing up the image to 160x on v1.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok having messed around with a few indoor cameras as per my other thread I am hooked. This is fun. I took the plunge and ordered one of these. This is not really for security but more for looking at wildlife (night and day) in my garden and in the woods behind my house. All that said, where I plan to put it will give a view over the front and back doors as well :)

Fortunately it will not over look neighbors gardens as I must admit that would concern me and probably more them!

Given I have purchased it from the UK its probably an older model ?

http://cucctv.co.uk/products/cctv-products/cctv-cameras/fhd-1080p/turbo-hd-tvi-ptz-cameras/knt-ip991-pt10x/

I figured its a bit more expensive than direct from China but can be returned, no import duty and is delivered next day. It looks like it does have a memory card slot in it ?

I think I understand POE but don't understand why there are two leads at the camera end. If you plug the Ethernet cable in at the switch end with say a power injector or powered switch do you then just need to connect the Ethernet cable i.e. the power lead is only if you plug in a 12v power supply ?

Regards

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I understand POE but don't understand why there are two leads at the camera end. If you plug the Ethernet cable in at the switch end with say a power injector or powered switch do you then just need to connect the Ethernet cable i.e. the power lead is only if you plug in a 12v power supply ?

Regards

Jerry
Yes, that is right. If you use a standard-compliant (802.3af is the name of the standard) PoE switch or PoE injector, then you don't need to attach anything to the 12v power lead. Standard PoE uses voltage between 48 and 56 volts because it travels more efficiently over the thin wires of ethernet cable than 12 volts would. Beware of non-standard PoE implementations which use a different voltage (most often 24 volts) especially since those non-standard implementations usually send power to any device you plug in whether it wants PoE power or not and you can damage your equipment if you accidentally plug something in to one of those that isn't expecting it. With 802.3af PoE though, you are safe as it won't send power unless the device at the other end supports it.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks we run VoIP phones at work with PoE switches. We also have 48v 0.38A power supplies if for the phones if we need them. I wonder if I connected that to the associated pairs on the cable if it would work. I doubt the power supplies would regulate the voltage for the camera demand though so probably just stick with the PoE injector.

I see people also use 12v 2A power supplies splicing into the Ethernet cable pairs at the switch and camera end using the second lead on the camera. Obviopusly the voltage drop over long distances could be a problem.

Initially to be safe I will probably use one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tp-link-gigabit-poe-injector-adapter-n35ql

Jerry

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the current plugin version for this camera 1.0.4.41? I'm having trouble with a black video frame in IE, though the camera works and I can change settings. I just can't see video in IE. Camera software is V1.0.2 Build 201511191322.

Reaction score
Is there a ceiling-mount bracket for this camera so I can mount this underneath a roof eave or sloped ceiling?