Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No ceiling mount.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well turned up. Man these things are hard to get working but once I did (4 hours later) I was pretty impressed.

This camera, sourced in the UK, did have the SD card slot when I opened it up which again was a bonus..

Even though I read all this thread I guess I didn't picked up on the fixed IP number and Domain. :rolleyes:

Finally managed to get that sorted using the software to change it. At first when I switched it on it just clicked as it went through the setup not moving right or left and finally moving it up and down a little. I was convinced the motor was broken. Then no matter what plugin I used for Firefox or Safari (using a Mac) I cound not get it to display the picture. I did get it working on Firefox with Windows 10 but the screen was balck and the PTZ controls moved every direction except left/right again making me think it was faulty.

In the end I downloaded iVMS-4200 and wham the picture appeared. No PTZ control though. Finally I found that right clicking I could select PTZ control and get access to it and all movement then worked great.

I have to say this software is amazing compared to the other software I have been using on the cheaper indoor PTZ cameras I have been playing around with. Pretty soon I was moving the camera all directions and zooming, finally!

For the money this seems like a pretty good camera. As I said though for me it was a nightmare to get working.

I need to figure out why the plugins aren't working and then look to work out how to remotely view it outside my LAN.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who to get access to the SD card. I have put one in but it does not seem to show up in the iVMS-4200 software ?

I wonder if I have put in in upside down ?

Jerry

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Someone already reported that SD is incompatible with ivms

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a ceiling-mount bracket for this camera so I can mount this underneath a roof eave or sloped ceiling?
I had that very same question, trying to figure out how I can mount one under the eave instead of on a vertical surface.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had that very same question, trying to figure out how I can mount one under the eave instead of on a vertical surface.
When these first came out I asked Monica if there was such a bracket, or any plans for one, and she said there wasn't. I wonder if enough people request such a thing that they might just make it happen. Especially if they think making some sales would depend on it being available.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Less than half a 2x4, some screws, paint, and ingenuity would make a good dropdown 90 degree bracket. That's assuming you can't weld or don't have a buddy who can.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Less than half a 2x4, some screws, paint, and ingenuity would make a good dropdown 90 degree bracket. That's assuming you can't weld or don't have a buddy who can.
I agree. That would work just fine. My house trim is white and I used a satin white in a spray can on the wood and it matched just fine.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely the best cam for the money! Will only be buying Huisun's till someone finds better for price!

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with running on Safari ?

I have downloaded and installed the WebVideoPlugin as suggested but in the window it says plugin not detected. I have enabled the plugin in the security settings of Safari :(

Also anyone know how to get this running in Synology's camera sofware ?

I have everything running well in iVMS-4200 but it appears SD card is not supported/recognised as pointed out here, so I cant record anything :(

If I could get iVMS to see my synology that would be good but again it says NAS/NFS not supported :(

I wonder if there is a firmware upgrade for this camera. Current firmware is V5.0.2 build 140321 ?

Jerry

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was using port 80 for the Synology setup. Should I use port 88 ?

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like you are cheaper as well :)

Its really annoying I love this camera but getting it to record seems very problematic. I can record directly/in real time by specifying the record path but remote trigger recording when I cant seem to get it to talk to the SD Card or NAS is a pain. Synology Surveillance would be the best route but again it cant seem to recognise this camera ?

I guess if I am going to end up with more than a couple of cameras an NVR is probably the best route. One of the camera will probably be in an outside workshop. I assume it does not have to be physically wired to the NVR to work i.e. as long as its on the network ?

Jerry

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
These look pretty good, albeit, the field of view doesn't widen enough for my application. Bugger.
I have concerns regarding the casing, and if it's UV stabilized plastic or not, how well the seals perform and the longevity of the LED's. The latter being my main concern, as from previous experience with Chinese made LED boards and inferior led emitters, they don't last and I've had them melt. So hopefully we can keep this post updated and see after 6 months of use, how these stack up.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
These look pretty good, albeit, the field of view doesn't widen enough for my application. Bugger.
I have concerns regarding the casing, and if it's UV stabilized plastic or not, how well the seals perform and the longevity of the LED's. The latter being my main concern, as from previous experience with Chinese made LED boards and inferior led emitters, they don't last and I've had them melt. So hopefully we can keep this post updated and see after 6 months of use, how these stack up.
FYI, I've used 3 v1s for 6 month now and IRs are fine. The body is plastic, but v2s now mostly metal and better overall. Btw you can get wider angle in 4x https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9162-Mini-PTZ-v2-4x-optical-zoom-version

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do these have line motion detection like the Hiks?

Does the PTZ work over poe?

Whats the most reliable Ali seller? The links in the first post?

Sorry for thr Q's!!

Lee.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do these have line motion detection like the Hiks?

Does the PTZ work over poe?

Whats the most reliable Ali seller? The links in the first post?

Sorry for thr Q's!!

Lee.
This thread is for v1, it was replaced by v2, please see other thread for details. Ptz works over poe, there is no line detection and v1 motion detection is buggy. There are several sellers for this cam