Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After putting a Huisun V1. up outside real close to a Hikvision 2032 I have decided for the price of the Huisun, the quality of video and what it can do; it is hands down the best cam I have used.

digiflash

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone get this camera to work with zoneminder?
I tried to an the stream is starting but after a few seconds it stops working and zoneminder is dropping frames regarding to the log.

snice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 cams, one Hik 2532 and this mini ptz v1. Both are configured in Surveillance station to record 24/7 limited 150gb per camera. The problem is that with mini ptz I get files of 9GB for 30min of recording instead of 900MB for the Hik!! Both are configured with 15 fps, VBR and 1920x1080...

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 cams, one Hik 2532 and this mini ptz v1. Both are configured in Surveillance station to record 24/7 limited 150gb per camera. The problem is that with mini ptz I get files of 9GB for 30min of recording instead of 900MB for the Hik!! Both are configured with 15 fps, VBR and 1920x1080...

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks
I've just compared my Huisun recorded files against files recorded off a Hik 2732 and they're not that much different in size. I record in 10minute blocks so have typical file size of 250mb for the Huisun and 287mb for the 2732 per 10 minutes. Both are set to record 24/7.

snice

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check again my parameters. Could you send me a screenshot of your settings in Surveillance Station?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't use VBR if you want a predictable bit rate. Simple as that.

Last edited:

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah no worries. I've posted screen shots of both cams below

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does it say on the camera UI?

One might have the bit rate capped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamalas

n3wb
Reaction score
I have purchased this one.
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b6Jn8uys

The price seemed good for with alarm and audio. I really only needed POE. Room for play and options.

IMPORX
It says HUISUN on that webpage. On arrival I discover it is the IMPORX brand. I see in another thread saying that it is the same and just unbranded. As long as it works and im not missing any major features then I will be happy.

DHL Shipping
btw, is if me or are aliexpress sellers hopeless at sending in good time and with a working tacking number. 2nd time in a row and different senders I have had this. Took, 13 days in total to arrive.

4 IR LEDS
How do I get all 4 IR Leds to light up? So far only the bottom 2 are lighting up. As far as I can tell, this is the only setting that I can find. If this is the right place can someone please explain and suggest settings to power up all 4 IR LEDS? I had changed the mode to ON in my testing.
ScreenShot011.png

thank you

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

I have the 10x version of this camera and having some problems with it. First thing is when it boots up, it wants to turn all the way to the left and now is stuck there and will not move. Is there a way to set it up so it doesn't want to turn a 180 deg when it reboots? How do I set the park point or at least set the max left and max right, up and down.. It's jammed against the wall right now and it's a b*tch to get to..
I got the snap shot option to work but can not get it to record.

Thanks for the help

Eustace

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No you can't disable self test, I've asked this as first feature with v1 8 month ago and was told it's not possible.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I get all 4 IR Leds to light up? So far only the bottom 2 are lighting up. As far as I can tell, this is the only setting that I can find. If this is the right place can someone please explain and suggest settings to power up all 4 IR LEDS? I had changed the mode to ON in my testing.
They light up based on the current zoom level.
Change the zoom from 1 to full and watch the LEDs.

*edit* Ooops - duplicate response, already answered, ignore.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No you can't disable self test, I've asked this as first feature with v1 8 month ago and was told it's not possible.
Thx for the response. So everyone that mounts these cameras on the wall has them run into the wall while doing a self test? Any idea on how to restore the right movement? It did its self test and now doesn't move right..

Thx

Eustace..

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seems when ever i hit the center circle but on the PTZ controls, the camera gets jammed against the wall.. I am afraid to hit the button again..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Frankly I did not notice this because all mine are mounted on a junction box

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Mounted on a flat surface with no obstructions they don't hit the wall in the startup self-test. Or shouldn't anyway.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine's on a junction box but I had it mounted flat to gyprock in my basement first and didn't notice it hitting anything anyway...

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thx for the response. So everyone that mounts these cameras on the wall has them run into the wall while doing a self test? Any idea on how to restore the right movement? It did its self test and now doesn't move right..

Thx

Eustace..
I mounted mine on the end of my fascia under the gutters and found it was going to hit the gutters when it panned right around either side or during self test so I mounted mine to a junction box as well to space it off so it's full movement. I'll try to get a picture if I can get home tomorrow before dark to show what I mean.