Mini PTZ: Reported Issues/Limitations

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I would agree. Probably needs to be classified as PoE+

Got my 2nd camera a couple of days ago and set it up in my garage to test it out and assign it a static ip. I then moved it to my backyard. I have an approx 100' run from the house to our fireplace area where the cable terminates near an electrical outlet and then about another 25' run to the actual camera location. I was going to use a bran new $18 PoE injector I have used in the past, but the camera would show a picture, but the PZT would not work. As a test - I then moved the injector to the camera so there was only about 2' of cable, and it still would not work.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PS9E5I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Back to drawing board - I connected it to my existing $80 4 port PoE Switch and it worked fine
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BP0SSAS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

But, I already have another Huisun camera on this switch and I got to worrying about if it would supply enough power for two Huisun cameras and two Hicks. The specs say the switch is rated for 53 watts which should have been enough juice, but I would rather be safe then sorry and started looking at other PoE injectors.

I started looking at PoE+ and found this one for $32 which is rated for 30 watts
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Gigabit-Ethernet-Injector-TPE-115GI/dp/B00BK4W8TQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448583467&sr=1-2&keywords=PoE++injector

But then I decide to hell with it and just bought a new 7 port PoE switch which is rated for 124 watts but cost $130 :(
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I am happy to report that both of my Huisun cameras work fine now and show 11.7v using the onscreen display

I guess I am now forced to buy some more cameras other wise my old 4 port PoE switch is going to go to waste...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dalepa

Reaction score
That most likely explains it...

My single port POE adapter does 24W where the TP-LINK only supports 15W per port.

Aliexpress tech specs say 18W max for the HuiSun 10x, so that's why many are having issues I assume... Need POE+

So, maybe we need a sticky on this thread saying that this camera requires POE+

Supplying this camera with the correct power does appear to play a critical role in it's correct operation.

I've been following this topic on and off...I'm not 100% up-to-speed so please excuse me if I misstate something.

As I recall this camera's spec calls for power which is slightly in excess of the standard PoE IEEE802.3AF specification...

TypeStandardMaximum Wattage
PoEIEEE802.3AF15.4
PoE+IEEE802.3AT25.5

Therefore, if I was you guys I'd be looking for a PoE+ (IEEE802.3AT) injector...not a standard PoE (IEEE802.3AF) injector.

Again, I've been remiss in paying close attention to this topic, so if this is already known -- or has already been stated -- please excuse me.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still having major issues with the camera losing focus

Clear day and night today and I came home tonight to find picture blurry again!

Spoken to Monica = brick wall
I like the girl but she has no technical knowledge at all!

Everything is i ask engineer

Not sure where to go with this it's begining to become a pain!
What exposure settings are you using and what is blurry - moving cars or what?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That most likely explains it...

My single port POE adapter does 24W where the TP-LINK only supports 15W per port.

Aliexpress tech specs say 18W max for the HuiSun 10x, so that's why many are having issues I assume... Need POE+

So, maybe we need a sticky on this thread saying that this camera requires POE+
+1

The camera spec states that "consumption" is "18 watts max" which is well above the IEEE802.3AF PoE 15.4 watt ceiling. Although many have reported that the camera draws well under 15.4 watts it also appears that the camera has sensitive power requirements (perhaps it spikes or some such issue).

Since IEEE802.3AT PoE+ works fine for hardware which draws much less power stating "IEEE802.3AT PoE+ Recommended" certainly couldn't hurt. No?

Here's a TrendNet IEEE802.3AT PoE+ injector which may fit the bill.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As we already discovered spec isn't accurate. Camera draws up to 11 watts

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using this PoE switch in my garage and it's powering 4 PoE cameras including the Huisun without a problem. Also using it for 3 non-PoE cameras.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I decided to buy a POE+ INJECTOR for my cameras I been looking at this one TL-SG1008PE and I think is the same that GIT purchased for his cameras, but I wonder if will work with the 4 hik cameras and the Huisun in the same switch.
here is some information on this unit:
[h=4]What This Product Does[/h] The TL-SG1008PE is an 8-port gigabit desktop/rack mountable switch with all 8 ports supporting the PoE+ standard. These PoE ports can automatically detect and supply power to those IEEE 802.3af/at compliant Powered Devices (PDs). In this situation, the electrical power is transmitted along with data in one single cable, allowing you to expand your network to where there are no power outlets and you wish to fix devices such as APs, IP Cameras or IP Phones, etc.
[h=4]Key Features[/h] [h=5]8 PoE Ports[/h] Equipped with 8 PoE ports with a total power budget of 124W, the TL-SG1008P can power up to eight 802.3af/at PoE compliant devices such as IP cameras, IP telephones or wireless access points. By delivering power over Ethernet, the TL-SG1008PE allows for flexible placement of network devices and eliminates the trouble and cost of extra wiring.

[h=5]Port Priority Protects Your Investment[/h] The priority of supplying power goes down from Port 1 to Port 8. This function will help protecting the system when system power becomes overloaded. For example, if port 1, 2, 4 and 7 are using 30W (maximum power per port is 30W), then the total power is 120W. And if there is an additional device inserted into port 3 at 25W, the system will cut off the power of port 7. As a result, port 1, 2 and 4 will use 30W, and port 3 will use 25W. No power will be supplied to port 7.

Regards.
Chewie

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI Chewie: That is a PoE switch Chewie...not a PoE injector. A PoE injectors feeds only power over ethernet to a single device whereas a PoE switch feeds power and Ethernet connectivity to multiple devices.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Q2U, as you can see I am not very familiar with these switches, do you think this switch will work with my 5 cameras in this switch.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
TP-Link makes some great switches chewie. The TL-SG1008PE should work great for you. The only switches I use throughout my house and business are TP-Link.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Q2U, as you can see I am not very familiar with these switches, do you think this switch will work with my 5 cameras in this switch.
Regards.
That looks like it will work Chewie. Note that that switch has a 124 watt power budget and all 8 ports support PoE+. This means that if you plug 8 PoE+ devices into the switch it will only provide 15.5 watts to each of the 8 PoE+ ports. Therefore, this switch will not provide enough power for 8 PoE+ devices. However...don't worry about that because, although I don't know the power requirements of your 5 Poe cameras, I would imagine that the are all PoE devices and not PoE+ devices. This means that the switch will power all 5 of your PoE camers (15.5 watts x 5 = 77.5 watts) and you'll still have power to add one more PoE device AND one more PoE+ device. The power budget is interesting because, in fact, all of my PoE cameras only draw 5 to 7 watts and not the full 15.5 watts wich the PoE specification provides.

The short answer: don't worry about it Chewie.

What are the makes and model numbers of each of the 5 cameras that you need to power?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have 3 DS- 2CD2132F-IS and one DS-2CD2132F-IWS they require 5 to 7 watts, one thing I don't understand, I power these cameras with a dedicated 12 volt supply, I read in this thread the huisun needs 48 volts for PoE, is this switch going to supply the correct voltage for all 5 cameras?
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have 3 DS- 2CD2132F-IS and one DS-2CD2132F-IWS they require 5 to 7 watts, one thing I don't understand, I power these cameras with a dedicated 12 volt supply, I read in this thread the huisun needs 48 volts for PoE, is this switch going to supply the correct voltage for all 5 cameras?
IMO, that switch will be perfect for those cameras Chewie.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the information and education, I will order one when the wife goes to bed, lol.
Regards.
Chewie

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Entire Thread outlining shipping problems from mult people - placing a resolution of "Be Patient" is shitty at best. If this OP is going to be a resource and place of reference don't defend the supplier - provide honest information and user experiences.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6966-Huisun-Shipping-Strategies

Citing "high demand" also is BS - you don't know what the demand is - you don't know if they are moving 10x or 100x a day, week, month... A review was done on this forum, lets say 100 people purchased the camera because of this forum - Which i think is WAY HIGH, this forum has not driven the seller/manufacture to the point of a back log.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Entire Thread outlining shipping problems from mult people - placing a resolution of "Be Patient" is shitty at best. If this OP is going to be a resource and place of reference don't defend the supplier - provide honest information and user experiences.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6966-Huisun-Shipping-Strategies

Citing "high demand" also is BS - you don't know what the demand is - you don't know if they are moving 10x or 100x a day, week, month... A review was done on this forum, lets say 100 people purchased the camera because of this forum - Which i think is WAY HIGH, this forum has not driven the seller/manufacture to the point of a back log.
Someone is grumpy this morning. Black Friday sales weren't too good, eh? :)

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Black and White!

Got up this morning to find both of my Huisun camera's showing a black and white picture.

It got a little cold last night for S Cal (low 40's) but I also have a couple of externally mounted Hiks and they are fine. Nothing else has changed

I powered them off and on a couple of times, fooled around with the settings, but still no workie

Thoughts?