Mini PTZ v1: Firmware Discussion

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Mini PTZ: Firmware discussion

I'm NOW happy with firmware update and plugin update. ElGato helped me set preset95 Chinese language back to English. Firmware seems more responsive in ptz. Presets are working a lot better too.

If preset95 is stuck in Chinese... open preset95 in camera webpage, click down once, then right until you see the language needed (ENGLISH), then click down to select English, then down twice (to highlight "EXIT") and one click left to "CLOSE" preset95.

Its kinda scary doing this while in Chinese, but it works to get back to English.

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I thought it seemed a little more responsive.

Also shows up properly in Onvif manager where it wouldn't before seemingly due to the custom RTSP post I used.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Maybe I am imagining now, but it feels faster when using PTZ controls with newer firmware. Unfortunately, I upgraded all 3 and I can't confirm that.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

wow, they did fix the Onvif thing! The camera now works fine with onvif profile in Tiny Cam Pro Android (btw, it's on sale now for half off)

Now if only they could fix the motion detection sensitivity...

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

At least we haven't bricked the cameras.... yet.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I did run into one problem. After I did the firmware update, the presets would not work in Blue Iris, although manual PTZ did work. I had to change all of the preset Name/values to a different format. Now it works.

Name/values in BI before the firmware update that no longer work after the update

Name/values in BI after the firmware update that do work

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I did run into one problem. After I did the firmware update, the presets would not work in Blue Iris, although manual PTZ did work. I had to change all of the preset Name/values to a different format. Now it works.
I'm not really sure if it was the new Huisun firmware that changed the Name/values required in BI for the presets or was it a BI update that changed it? I think BI came out with a update yesterday also.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I just finished setting up one of the two cameras that was delivered on Tuesday. I discovered that this firmware has a PTZ option that my first camera doesn't have. Anyone else have the PTZ Park Action menu? Here's a couple of screen captures.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

I just finished setting up one of the two cameras that was delivered on Tuesday. I discovered that this firmware has a PTZ option that my first camera doesn't have. Anyone else have the PTZ Park Action menu? Here's a couple of screen captures.

Yes, I noticed that after I upgraded the firmware, but not sure what's the purpose of it.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yes, I noticed that after I upgraded the firmware, but not sure what's the purpose of it.
I upgraded the firmware on the camera I got back in October but it doesn't have the PTZ option. The first camera has a earlier Web Page Version dated 20150704. I have no idea what the purpose of it is either. :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

I upgraded the firmware on the camera I got back in October but it doesn't have the PTZ option. The first camera has a earlier Web Page Version dated 20150704. I have no idea what the purpose of it is either. :)
Check out this weirdness... Chrome IE tab shows it, but not IE.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

So I cleared all browsing cache in IE and now it shows up as well.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

So I cleared all browsing cache in IE and now it shows up as well.
Thanks. That worked for me too. I cleared the browser cache in IE and now the older camera shows the PTZ option also with webpage version 20150924.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Lare- My new cam also has that PTZ park setting. I recall that was one of my earlier questions to you, if it had a dedicated park setting, and was adjustable. It is. ;)

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Lare- My new cam also has that PTZ park setting. I recall that was one of my earlier questions to you, if it had a dedicated park setting, and was adjustable. It is. ;)
So we can set the time after which it performs the selected function automatically. Now I get it! Thanks. :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I don't remember that question, but as we get older, we get forgetful. :D Do you know what it does. It wasn't showing up in the browser config with my older Huisun until klasipca mentioned that he cleared the IE cache and then it was there. I did the same and also have the option now, although haven't done anything with it yet.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201509160901
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version1.0.2.38

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I'm not really sure if it was the new Huisun firmware that changed the Name/values required in BI for the presets or was it a BI update that changed it? I think BI came out with a update yesterday also.
I think it was BI, because I went from 3.0 to 4.2 last night and all my presets were lost...now I know how to proceed so thanks! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

EDIT: and like that, my presets are recovered! I Love you, man! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I don't remember that question, but as we get older, we get forgetful. :D Do you know what it does. It wasn't showing up in the browser config with my older Huisun until klasipca mentioned that he cleared the IE cache and then it was there. I did the same and also have the option now, although haven't done anything with it yet.
I was calling it 'home' not park..but that's what I meant. I asked if it had a setting (preset actually) for 'home', not knowing the last location will be home, or park. Park is more descriptive really...and you can set the delay before it returns home. Make sense?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk