Mini PTZ v1: Firmware Discussion

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Mini PTZ: Firmware discussion

I was calling it 'home' not park..but that's what I meant. I asked if it had a setting (preset actually) for 'home', not knowing the last location will be home, or park. Park is more descriptive really...and you can set the delay before it returns home. Make sense?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
That would be a useful feature
Which of the firmware includes it and where is it downloaded from?

I haven't scoured the thread so apologies for that

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

20150916 for program version
20150924 for control version
1.0.3.39 plugin version
I have not upgraded anything yet.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Updated first thread with latest firmware.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Top man
Might give it a whirl!

A bit hesitant now I seem to have sorted my focus issues (well 3 days and counting)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

What did you do?
It seems it was an issue with the ir settings I had it on

I changed both near and far by 1 and it seems to have disappeared.

So it seems like it was some sort of infra red issue causing it

I'm not sure why because the back garden is actually pitch black

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

It seems it was an issue with the ir settings I had it on

I changed both near and far by 1 and it seems to have disappeared.

So it seems like it was some sort of infra red issue causing it

I'm not sure why because the back garden is actually pitch black
Glad to hear!

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

@klasipca - thanks for uploading the newer firmware.

As an update, I've tested the new 'Park' feature, which is under configuration tab -> PTZ. The user manual briefly alludes to this feature on pg 36, but refers to it as 'IDLE'. I've verified that the behavior of this feature is to set the camera to the selected 'Action Type' after no command input is received by the camera for 'Park Time' minutes.

Procedure (verbose):

To elaborate on Monica's .doc procedure, here it is with screenshots. Step 1 is to upload the .zip file per instructions in .doc. Screen looks as below:

1.png

Upload proceeds and progress bar updates:

2.png

Eventually, you are left with this disconcerting screen:

3.png

In my case, I left the machine for over 30m and viewed the cam with another browser (clearing the cache) to see if the web page automatically updated and/or the device appeared to reboot. Neither happened within that time.

At that point, I manually rebooted the device via configuration -> system -> maintenance -> reboot.

I then cleared the browser cache and saw that the program version had updated within configuration -> system -> device information.

After viewing the live view tab, I was prompted to install a newer version of the plugin, which I did via web installer. At that point, the control version and web page version also updated within configuration -> system -> device information.

Other Notes:

- This firmware appears to lose the pan and tilt, but not zoom, configurations of previously set presets. Re-setting the presets clears the issue
- WiFi tab (under configuration -> network) has been removed. No affect on functionality since this didn't work prior to the update and the camera hardware [SiC] does not support WiFi.
- If you have an onboard SD card (I have a 32GB), it will destroy any stored files on the SD card (not verified with a separate reader), as well as needing a reformat of the SD card:

4.png

- It looks like they worked on the playback tab a bit as locally recorded videos can now be watched in entirety (previously it would always unrecoverably terminate playback a few seconds into the clip). Also, it appears the download progress now goes to 100% (sometimes more! ha! Previous behavior would always unrecoverably stall at ~65%), however a local file is still not created. Looks like there's still more work to do on this page but it's progress.

5.png

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

@klasipca - thanks for uploading the newer firmware.

As an update, I've tested the new 'Park' feature, which is under configuration tab -> PTZ. The user manual briefly alludes to this feature on pg 36, but refers to it as 'IDLE'. I've verified that the behavior of this feature is to set the camera to the selected 'Action Type' after no command input is received by the camera for 'Park Time' minutes.

Procedure (verbose):

To elaborate on Monica's .doc procedure, here it is with screenshots. Step 1 is to upload the .zip file per instructions in .doc. Screen looks as below:

View attachment 6741

Upload proceeds and progress bar updates:

View attachment 6740

Eventually, you are left with this disconcerting screen:

View attachment 6739

In my case, I left the machine for over 30m and viewed the cam with another browser (clearing the cache) to see if the web page automatically updated and/or the device appeared to reboot. Neither happened within that time.

At that point, I manually rebooted the device via configuration -> system -> maintenance -> reboot.

I then cleared the browser cache and saw that the program version had updated within configuration -> system -> device information.

After viewing the live view tab, I was prompted to install a newer version of the plugin, which I did via web installer. At that point, the control version and web page version also updated within configuration -> system -> device information.

Other Notes:

- This firmware appears to lose the pan and tilt, but not zoom, configurations of previously set presets. Re-setting the presets clears the issue
- If you have an onboard SD card (I have a 32GB), it will destroy any stored files on the SD card (not verified with a separate reader), as well as needing a reformat of the SD card:

View attachment 6742

- It looks like they worked on the playback tab a bit as locally recorded videos can now be watched in entirety (previously it would always unrecoverably terminate playback a few seconds into the clip). Also, it appears the download progress now goes to 100% (sometimes more! ha! Previous behavior would always unrecoverably stall at ~65%), however a local file is still not created. Looks like there's still more work to do on this page but it's progress.

View attachment 6743

HTH
Hello Riceandbeans
Regarding the recording, I have a 32G SD card on my camera, it can store pictures but not the video, can you share how is yours set up.
Regards.
Chewie

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I apologize if it's already been mentioned but the Compensation Level under Exposure Settings has been removed in the new firmware. Not sure exactly what it did.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

**Nevermind** It came back.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Monica sent a new firmware. I am waiting to hear about the changes. I've upgraded without resetting my cameras. You can reinstall plugin.

Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201511191322
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

Update: Deleted firmware. Has a bug with Presets and Zoom.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks klasipca.

I got an error when I tried to reisntall the plugin, so can't see any difference at this stage.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks klasipca.

I got an error when I tried to reisntall the plugin, so can't see any difference at this stage.
You need to close IE/Firefox

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Monica sent a new firmware. I am waiting to hear about the changes. I've upgraded without resetting my cameras. You can reinstall plugin.

Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201511191322
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version1.0.4.41
There seems to be nothing new in this new firmware.

Jeffi

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi guys,
I'm new user in @ ipcamtalk and recently bought a PTZ dome cam (with model sticker DM-RBG216FIT-KS20IA-W1) from the ebay (I think its a HUISUN camera).
I was searching online for a fw updates and I found this forum. Digged a little information about my new toy and finally desided to make a update it using a IPNC_Amba_V1.0.2_build201511191322 firmware u sent.
So far everything is working 100% without any problems, only ONVIF Device Manager hardware field seems to be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but all controlls and events r working.
I am also looking for a password for a Ambrella login which is accesable through the telnet port 3232, does any of you have it?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score

Is there a support website from the vendor which has this new firmware ?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Monica only said this firmware just optimizes the camera further.