Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It seems to work very well. I have not mounted it outside yet because the place I want to mount it only has a single gang box right now. i purchased a double gang box but the POE is still to big to keep everything inside the box. I'm going to paint the POE white and epoxy it to the top of the box in place of the pipe shown below. Taking more time than I planned for.

Current camera.

View attachment 12752

New box after I paint the POE.

View attachment 12753
Good, although can't say I am even a bit surprised as we already seen the night footage. Might get it too, still have 10 more days until the deal for $110 is over.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So all of the new versions are coming with an external PoE adapter?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good, although can't say I am even a bit surprised as we already seen the night footage. Might get it too, still have 10 more days until the deal for $110 is over.
Inside testing shows great image day or night but the true test will be when I get it outside.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Probably been covered before, so sorry if I'm late to the game....First, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this uses the ambarella chipset....If that's the case, is there any real benefit (quality wise) for getting this over the ones that use the HI3016C chipsets that are around $20 cheaper? Other than the Hikvision-style layout and compatibility....but if you're not using a Hik DVR; Just monitoring through a web browser...Is there a quality difference?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably been covered before, so sorry if I'm late to the game....First, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this uses the ambarella chipset....If that's the case, is there any real benefit (quality wise) for getting this over the ones that use the HI3016C chipsets that are around $20 cheaper? Other than the Hikvision-style layout and compatibility....but if you're not using a Hik DVR; Just monitoring through a web browser...Is there a quality difference?
This is what the batch tool shows.
Cap x4.JPG

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I installed the new X4 today but I screwed up so it is temporary. Didn't realize the 4" plate mounted only one way, and of course I had it the wrong way when I drilled for the bracket.....
Here are some pics of the install and daytime image, tonight will be the real test. Notice on the picture that I replaced the short pvc pipe with the POE.

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

New X4 Daytime.JPG

New X4 Daytime1.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you see mini ptz with HI3016C?

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I installed the new X4 today but I screwed up so it is temporary. Didn't realize the 4" plate mounted only one way, and of course I had it the wrong way when I drilled for the bracket.....
Here are some pics of the install and daytime image, tonight will be the real test. Notice on the picture that I replaced the short pvc pipe with the POE.
Looks good! Looking forward to see the performance at night.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You mean this one?

First of all IMX222 is worse in terms of IQ then IMX322 and second of all this isn't mini PTZ from Huisun/Imporx they have different firmware and IR leds on top.
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bRPMbUeU[/QUOTE] Pretty much, though I think I found it somewhere on there a little cheaper... As far as the sensor, I thought I had read where there was a shortage of IMX322 and that they went back to using IMX222? Maybe I got my wires crossed somewhere; That happens to me a lot ;) I realize it uses different firmware and all, considering it's not the Ambarella chipset, but I was talking more about overall image quality and stability. It's rated very high and looking at youtube videos using the 222 sensor and that HI chipset, I couldn't really tell any difference from the Huisun examples....but it's hard to tell when you're comparing with different scenery. Was wondering if anyone had done a direct comparison or had experience with both. While I like the Ambarella user interface since I'm used to working on it, I'm not necessarily married to it. If the other is just as stable and quality is equal, I wouldn't mind learning a new user interface and saving 15 or 20 bucks per unit.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice install bob. Very clean. Does the cord protection stop before the soffit?
The cable itself is in the soffit but the weatherproof connector is half in and half out. I didn't want to go any higher to make sure the camera did not get hung up.