Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rain rain rain today, so my 4x is still sitting inside. Probably for the best because now I am rethinking the mounting location.

And yes I would prefer not to install extra lighting, I already have enough things hanging off my house.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received this message from Monica,

Dear Paul,how are you, me feel bad about V2 2MP 4X IP bullet camera all problem you have, to make up for send to you new 4x free of charge,i need apply one solution way,
Thank you
Best regards
Monica wen

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Dear Paul,how are you, me feel bad about V2 2MP 4X IP bullet camera all problem you have, to make up for send to you new 4x free of charge,i need apply one solution way,
Thank you
Best regards
Monica wen
That's nice of her. I filed a dispute and she agreed to refund $40 back to me.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Thank you
Best regards
Monica wen
Where is April fools smiley ;)

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would check how much it cost to return I bet it's high. Then use that plus more as you have a camera that does not do what it should. I would except no less than half an items value if it worked 90%
On a dispute.

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would check how much it cost to return I bet it's high.
I had an issue with a v2 x10 camera and Melissa had me ship it back to them for repair and reimbursed me for the cost of the shipping as soon as I provided the reciept. The cheapest I could get it back to them was $68. I was amazed at the price difference FROM them vs back TO them. Except that they offered to pay for the return, I was going to write it off as an experiment on the camera that didn't pay off, but they wanted the chance to make it right.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I overlooked it somewhere, but since I can't seem to find it I will ask.

The 10x had a digital zoom, the 4x I have shows a "Zoom Limit" under the image/display settings. I set it at 4-64 and my zoom abilities are still 4x. Is there another setting to enable the digital zoom or does the 4x not have it?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One thing I noticed with the cam outdoors, the sun just set and I'm getting IR reflection off the black cover. If I get time tomorrow I will cut holes for the IR and put rubber grommets in it to keep the clean look.

~Edit~

Completely dark night, my parents 800tvl analog system produces a better picture and less noise at night than this thing..... daytime is great but this... this is horrible.

~Edit~
Adjusted a lot of settings, removed the faceplate to get rid of the IR reflection, those are better but now...

I cleaned the lens twice but I have a huge blur right in the middle of the picture. Wonder if it's just the cam focus or if there is something on the inside now too. I tried the focus calibration at night and it did not help.
Cam5.20160403_215747.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing I noticed with the cam outdoors, the sun just set and I'm getting IR reflection off the black cover. If I get time tomorrow I will cut holes for the IR and put rubber grommets in it to keep the clean look.

~Edit~

Completely dark night, my parents 800tvl analog system produces a better picture and less noise at night than this thing..... daytime is great but this... this is horrible.

~Edit~
Adjusted a lot of settings, removed the faceplate to get rid of the IR reflection, those are better but now...

I cleaned the lens twice but I have a huge blur right in the middle of the picture. Wonder if it's just the cam focus or if there is something on the inside now too. I tried the focus calibration at night and it did not help.
View attachment 9649

Did you toggle the hidden focus adjustment feature? If not go to this thread and try the feature to see if that fix you focus issue

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9681-Mini-PTZ-v2-Focus-adjustment-hidden-feature

Bill

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you toggle the hidden focus adjustment feature? If not go to this thread and try the feature to see if that fix you focus issue

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9681-Mini-PTZ-v2-Focus-adjustment-hidden-feature

Bill
Yes I did once during the day and tried a few times at night. It's much better than it was, if I had posted a before pic of the noise/blur/IR reflection off the black face, you would of thought it was a black and white finger painting from a 2 year old.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I did once during the day and tried a few times at night. It's much better than it was, if I had posted a before pic of the noise/blur/IR reflection off the black face, you would of thought it was a black and white finger painting from a 2 year old.
When you do it make sure there is something to focus on. There are a lot of folks waiting for a fix to the IR problem.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried it with the bush, tree, house across the road.

If I can get rid of the blur in the center of the picture I would be satisfied.

Sent a message to MRW on Ali, they are on holiday today. Will get back in touch with me tomorrow.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried it with the bush, tree, house across the road.

If I can get rid of the blur in the center of the picture I would be satisfied.

Sent a message to MRW on Ali, they are on holiday today. Will get back in touch with me tomorrow.
I think there is a 3 day holiday going on right now.

When you did the focus routine did the center ever show clear? May have a bad lens.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it may have been a condensation problem. I put the camera up around 3pm that day and didn't think twice about it.

The problem was gone last night, the picture was much clearer. I still need to adjust the settings, didn't have time last night.

I received the FW updates from my seller, it appears that I have the S2LM the documentation says I have the Aptina 0230. So that's another variance to these cams I didn't know about.

Cam5.20160404_225351_1.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it may have been a condensation problem. I put the camera up around 3pm that day and didn't think twice about it.

The problem was gone last night, the picture was much clearer. I still need to adjust the settings, didn't have time last night.

I received the FW updates from my seller, it appears that I have the S2LM the documentation says I have the Aptina 0230. So that's another variance to these cams I didn't know about.

View attachment 9674
There should be a silica gel pack inside the camera which should prevent some condensation unless your area experiences an extreme temperature changes often.

Bill

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 9674
You received a FW update for the V2 4x??

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should be a silica gel pack inside the camera which should prevent some condensation unless your area experiences an extreme temperature changes often.

Bill
I still have not opened the camera, I know there is supposed to be one in there.

Southern Indiana, Ohio valley, while we don't have extreme weather too often, a swing in temperature of 50+ degrees Fahrenheit in one day is not uncommon. We had extremely humid windy conditions the other day so it may had contributed to it with the cold camera start then the camera warming up.

All in all I'm satisfied with the camera, it seems as well as my hiks. I think I can sharpen up the image some more still. I noticed when zooming in across the street I loose a lot of IR and that's when it starts getting too noisy. So disappointed in the IR, but I like the 2.8mm starting zoom.