Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 4x seems to be biting the dust. Images are ghosting, even during the day and the night vision is getting worse. Even tried resetting to default and starting over. I'm going to have to put something else in it's place.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 4x seems to be biting the dust. Images are ghosting, even during the day and the night vision is getting worse. Even tried resetting to default and starting over. I'm going to have to put something else in it's place.
I've noticed my night picture is grainy again also from time to time. I thought I had it fixed. Daytime picture is fine still. I like it better than my 4mp cams.

Edit--

I just ordered a 2 speed domes from Cantonk, I'll be sure to post reviews on them. One is a 22x 3.9mm-85.5, the other one is 20x 4.7mm-94mm.

One is going in at my house, the other one at my in-laws. More for fun and weather watching but will be worked into security watching too.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Still hoping they can fix it via firmware, the picture does look better without the face plate though. Anyone checked in with Huisun whether there is new firmware?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bet tomorrow's result will be the same as 4 days ago :tongue-new:

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The V2 version of the 4X camera is a lemon for what i can tell, from all the post and members having lots of issues. I tested my 4X V2 when I first received it and it all seem well and working, one of my 3X V1 was having issues at night when i move it it would lose network connectivity, so i decided to replace it with the new 4X V2... what a nightmare it has been. I am too late to claim anything from Huisun the store I bought it from and the sales person who I am trying to work a deal told me without any thought to the statement that the first models of the 4X V2 the night vision was terrible and it could not be fixed, she offer me a discount if I bought another camera but would not assure me that the new camera would not have the same issues as the last. I am still trying to get some answers to some of my questions and it does not seem that I am going to get any strait answers. I shot a couple of pics of my night picture and also a video of what occurs when I put the camera in Auto mode under Exposure Settings, the camera goes nuts and it starts to flash on and off. Is anyone else having same or similar issues?
Take a look at the picture and the video this the night time picture I have on my 4X V2 Mini PTZ, by the way daytime picture is great. I wonder why they sold all these cameras knowing that they were defective.

2016-04-25.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, we all got cheated with night image on this camera, but it does work ok where you have small area to cover (like porch) as I showed in another video. Btw if you remove faceplate, image improves a bit.

As far as flashing problem we all have to when change Exposure setting, I left it all on default and no longer trigger this issue any more. This should be fixed by firmware, not sure if anyone reported it.

Here you can see Huisun 4x using as a porch cam

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks klasipca but because I read through these forums I removed the face plate before I install it, I knew that it should improve the picture without it so why use it, in your video you can at least see something but I can't see anything at all in my video even after I had it stop from flashing it's super grainy to the point that its unwatchable. I know we buy at our own risk when we buy from China and we take the hits along with the bumps of being on the edge of what' new, but it makes me feel angry being lied to by the manufacturer and being sold a substandard product knowingly. I have requested the newest firmware from Monica but no answer yet, well see what happens in the next few days.
Here is a video of the night time picture after I change it to Manual Mode 1/30 with 50 on the Gain Scale.
Can anyone share some of their setting on the camera 4X V2, it might not do any good but at least it's something to try.

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased two of them. One has a pretty good night image, the other regardless of what I do looks like you're watching a UHF station with no antenna. I figure I'll keep the one that is working well, and replace the other with a x10 or a x3 V1 (I like the wide view in this location so am leaning towards the x3). I know they are listing them again, but I'm not 100% sure they've resolved the issue, which is sad as the x10 v2 is great.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since the PTZ v2 4x is no longer available and even if it is we would not buy more, any recommendation for a wide angle PTZ camera? Is the old PTZ V1 3x still available?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the PTZ v2 4x is no longer available and even if it is we would not buy more, any recommendation for a wide angle PTZ camera? Is the old PTZ V1 3x still available?
My understanding is the 3x is still a viable option and I saw it last week?

I'm reviewing a new cam here that is 3.9mm-85.5mm, not quiet as wide as 2.8 but nice nevertheless. The only drawback is no POE and no built in park feature. I know for some the simplicity of POE is the make or break it part.

~Edit~

I just looked it up and saw ones with the IMX322 and either Ambarella A5S or S2LM

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I figured I would bug Monica one more time on firmware for the 4X, here is her reply.

Dear Robert.how are you.we have not good firmware to fix.
V2 4x camera is cheaper that 10X.so picture is not well 10X camera.
you can buy our 10X camera.i can give you some discount.
Best regards
Monica wen

Always the sales rep.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured I would bug Monica one more time on firmware for the 4X, here is her reply.

Best regards
Monica wen

Always the sales rep.
Thanks for checking. They probably already lost their rears on this so they're probably not going to invest any more time in it. I noticed mine was having a flashing fit last night. Not sure if rebooting stopped it. I've got a dahua 4x to put in it's place, if I only had a little extra time!!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Best regards
Monica wen

Always the sales rep.
Yeah, surprised there is no firmware, they are taking a sweet time with this. Also, I don't understand why they (Monica) are not trying to match or reduce price on it since Imporx seller is getting all the traffic now.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, surprised there is no firmware, they are taking a sweet time with this. Also, I don't understand why they (Monica) are not trying to match or reduce price on it since Imporx seller is getting all the traffic now.
According to Monica they are not doing anything with the 4X. Since Imporx is still selling I wonder if they have newer firmware?? Did anyone buy the 4X from Imporx? I just put a 10X up where the 4X was and I would really like a wider view for this location.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, my PTZ V2 4X stopped working a few ago. Just took it down and tested it with different cables and PoE switch. Looks like it is dead for good. I don't have a PoE splitter to test if it is just the PoE board that is dead. Since it is such a piece of crap, I am going to get a new cam.

A PTZ V1 3X would be a great direct replacement as I wouldn't need to change the installation. I have one of these already. I do really like the Dahua SD29204S-GN. Hum...