Mini PTZ v2: Firmware discussion

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New firmware from Monica this time (previous one was from Imporx seller) I installed, but as usual, don't see any obvious changes. Perhaps someone else wants to check it out if there is any other improvements.

Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160201
Isn't this a step back from the Firmware you posted 2 weeks ago? I just upgraded and this version shows Plugin Version 1.03.39. The other from 2 weeks ago is Plugin Version 1.0.4.41

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 919S and now when I try to login I get a "Network Anomaly" error. I cycled the power a few times. I'm using POE. Netgear GS110TP spec says 15.4W.

I can see it in SADP and its working fine in ivms-4500 HD.

Any ideas?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 919S and now when I try to login I get a "Network Anomaly" error. I cycled the power a few times. I'm using POE. Netgear GS110TP spec says 15.4W.

I can see it in SADP and its working fine in ivms-4500 HD.

Any ideas?
Are you using Internet Explorer and try emptying the temporary files (cache) to see if that fixes it.

I get this error when I logged on camera then change IP address on the cam and try to re-log back on but sometime the browser seem to think it still at the old ip address which likely it still cached in the browser.

Bill

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer and try emptying the temporary files (cache) to see if that fixes it.

I get this error when I logged on camera then change IP address on the cam and try to re-log back on but sometime the browser seem to think it still at the old ip address which likely it still cached in the browser.

Bill
The page must have been cached. I cant hit the login page now. I hung out the window and hooked a 1.5 amp power supply up and that didnt help so I guess its not a POE issue.

I can still see it in SADP as well as livecams pro and can ping it. Livecams pro the http port is 80 and rtsp port is 554. Only thing in livecams pro I cannot control the ptz or zoom any more.

I had made manual changes to the external port forwarding page that must have gotten activated when I updated the firmware??

Edit: Is there a physical reset button on the camera itself?

Last edited by a moderator:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The page must have been cached. I cant hit the login page now. I hung out the window and hooked a 1.5 amp power supply up and that didnt help so I guess its not a POE issue.

I can still see it in SADP as well as livecams pro and can ping it. Livecams pro the http port is 80 and rtsp port is 554. Only thing in livecams pro I cannot control the ptz or zoom any more.

I had made manual changes to the external port forwarding page that must have gotten activated when I updated the firmware??

Edit: Is there a physical reset button on the camera itself?

If you change port then you need to add port to the URL you want to log into http://[ip address]:[port] example - camera on ip ending with 99 and port 8282 the URL would be http://192.162.0.99:8282

Bill

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you change port then you need to add port to the URL you want to log into http://[ip address]:[port] example - camera on ip ending with 99 and port 8282 the URL would be http://192.162.0.99:8282

Bill
I don't remember what I changed the external port to. It appears as 80 in both Sadp and on my nvr. The main web login page doesn't appear under 80 anymore.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appears to work fine in the Ivms-4500HD app on my iPad. Zoom and Ptz both work. I just don't understand it.

Edit: it appears that this app uses the 8000 server port which I never changed.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this firmware can be used on both 4x and 10x V2 camera?

Bill

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the firmware!
Make tell Monica that were all grateful!

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New firmware from Monica this time (previous one was from Imporx seller) I installed, but as usual, don't see any obvious changes. Perhaps someone else wants to check it out if there is any other improvements.

Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160201
Installed the new firmware and there are no changes as far as i can see, my nighttime vision is still unusable to the point that this camera will be a daytime camera only, it's really a shame since I think the daytime picture is excellent and the tracking has improved from gen 1.

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello together,
hello luisma,

how was the night vision before update?
Which firmware have you installed before update?

Ich have this new firmware too. I have installed older firmwares, but the night vision is with all versions identical very bad.

I have the same cam in version 1 (mini ptz v1) with great nicht vision.

I think both cams have 80m nicht vision?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello together,
hello luisma,

how was the night vision before update?
Which firmware have you installed before update?

Ich have this new firmware too. I have installed older firmwares, but the night vision is with all versions identical very bad.

I have the same cam in version 1 (mini ptz v1) with great nicht vision.

I think both cams have 80m nicht vision?
Hi tg4766,

Night vision is the same as before this latest firmware, originally I had in my camera the first one that was posted then Monica sent me the same one that is posted in a the later on, I am not an expert but I don't think this has to do with with night time led's, if you turn them ON during the day the picture goes to black and white (or as my daughter calls it grey and white) and there is no graininess in the picture, but when night time comes and the auto mode goes into effect the picture is totally grainy were you can't hardly make out anything or even less anyone. See all the samples below. I would not even begin to guess at what could be wrong but I it seems like there is NOT going to be a fix for this V2 4X camera, we are stock with a paperweight or use it mainly in the daytime and turn it off at night time.
Any thought from anyone on this matter would be appreciated.

Night time - I change all setting to get a better picture, nothing doing!
2016-04-25.jpg

When you change the camera to LED's on daytime
192.168.1.100_00_00_20160428155311410.jpg

And this one is the very nice daytime picture which is awesome in my opinion.
192.168.1.100_00_00_20160428155412865.jpg

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

the v2 isn´t the best choice for night, but day picture are great.

But a have a another feature :)

When i goes with my pc in the Cam menue under "image" i can see:

menu2.jpg

When i goes with my mobile phone without the webplugn i can see the following:

menu1.jpg

I can see a menue point "Day/Night switch", but i can´t use them without the webpluggin.

Thomas

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also - I am having trouble with the PTZ controls in BI. I've looked through many of the other threads on this forum but can't seem to make it work. Will this firmware help?
Under the PTZ tab, try selecting Hikvision/Abus/Swann and see if it works then.

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

the cam in Link semms to be the V1-Version with Ambarella A5s Chip.

The Firmware is for example named: "IPNC_Amba_V1.0.2_build20151119132"

The V2 with Ambarella S2LMthe firmware named IPNC_S2l1.0.2_build201512161014

What do you mean with "PTZ controls in BI"?

Thomas