Mini PTZ v2: Firmware discussion

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the Firmware ! Test in progress.

About PTE, i don't success to control the cam with my USB Axis 295 joystick. On my NVR Hikvision 7608NI-I2 or with iVMS 4200. (jostick seems to be detected)

Does i need to use a RS485 controller only ?

Thanks

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oops--I meant to be in the v1 thread, deleted my post!

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

For myself, since i update to the new firmware i loose autotracking and cam sometimes doesn't answer anymore on ptz command.
Tested on IE, Firefox and on my HIK NVR

After a default configuration, all come back, except autotracking.

I'm looking for original firmware to test again, if anyone got a link it's welcome.

Thanks

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New firmware from Monica this time (previous one was from Imporx seller) I installed, but as usual, don't see any obvious changes. Perhaps someone else wants to check it out if there is any other improvements.

Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160201
This is the default version that came with mine. Overall, similar to hiks, but missing some key features.

For instance, where is the day light savings option? I put it in the incorrect time zone to fix the offset and hope there are no issues with my NTP server down the line.

Second, is there no option to have specific image settings (WDR, etc) for day/night like there is on hiks?

Hopefully these are resolved in the future.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the huisun/imporx miniptz don't do DST. apparently a foreign concept in China.
Shows these cams are really not targetted for international use.

you'll need to manually adjust the timezone every 6 months when we fall-back/spring-forward.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the default version that came with mine. Overall, similar to hiks, but missing some key features.

For instance, where is the day light savings option? I put it in the incorrect time zone to fix the offset and hope there are no issues with my NTP server down the line.

Second, is there no option to have specific image settings (WDR, etc) for day/night like there is on hiks?

Hopefully these are resolved in the future.
My new Imporx v2 10x lights up everything I use it for enhancing the Hiks where need be. I don't see a need for WDR as I have no dark areas from my chimney mount spreads awesome.

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My new Imporx v2 10x lights up everything I use it for enhancing the Hiks where need be. I don't see a need for WDR as I have no dark areas from my chimney mount spreads awesome.
I was just using WDR as an example of something that would useful to adjust between day/night (as available on hik firmwares). It's nice to optimize image settings depending on time of day, sadly the option has been left out which is odd given the firmware looks like a bastardizes hikivision.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its definately HIk driven . Like I said though mine is up high so really projecting IR very well at that distance anyway.

Last edited:

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there an option to have the 4 IR lights on at the same time when it cuts in? Right now, when it's zoomed out, the bottom two turn on. When zoomed in, the top two turn on.

Maybe it's a power saving feature so the cam doesn't conk out when you use the stepper motors at the same time during night, but it'd be nice to test it.

chalk4

n3wb
Reaction score
New firmware from Monica this time (previous one was from Imporx seller) I installed, but as usual, don't see any obvious changes. Perhaps someone else wants to check it out if there is any other improvements.

Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160201

What is the password for the zip file? Or do you just use the zip file when updating the firmware?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the password for the zip file? Or do you just use the zip file when updating the firmware?
You don't need the password. You just upload the zip file when updating the firmware.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is latest firmware which has date stamp for 6/20 that Jack sent me. I requested it for V2 with IMX322, so make sure you know which one you have. I haven't had a chance to try this out yet and as usual upgrade at your own risk.

EDIT: Removed due to issue bellow

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hm. you sure that's for the 10x v2? tried it on one of mine and it's rebooting constantly now. that'll teach me... :-(

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Jack assured me this was for v2 IMX322. I Removed firmware just in case.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
probably for the best. very clever of you to let me be the guinea pig. :)

it's not staying up long enough to put the previous build (201603031830) back on... :-(

when it comes up, i get a very grainy image while it goes thru the startup dance,
then it just goes black and becomes unpingable, and starts all over.

Last edited by a moderator: