Mini-Review - 5241-Z12E-S2 - Replacement for the 5241-Z12E

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks awesome, i will check if we can get some less MOQ and release this black one.

View attachment 171149
Thanks! If you're allowed to get smaller quantities at a higher price for black, that's O.K. with me. I'm ready to buy the first four of them.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Z12E-S2 won't hold the "customized scene" setting when it gets a little overcast. Switches to night and the picture gets blown out. As soon as I log in, it switches to "day". And I'M using IE.

LPR.20230830_134819496.3304.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-30 134644.jpg

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't need a LPR Cam but just because wittaj review it, I want one lol
My Z12E-S2 won't hold the "customized scene" setting when it gets a little overcast. Switches to night and the picture gets blown out. As soon as I log in, it switches to "day". And I'M using IE.

View attachment 171186View attachment 171187
Try to switch the time to military format. See if that helps

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a couple of things:

As @dubber said, this new GUI seems to work better with 24 hour format instead of 12 hour. I noticed the schedule had a mine of its own until I went with 24 hour.

Under day/night - force it in color during the day. That might keep it from switching.

You have a grey gap on the timeline - button the day and night together.

If that doesn't work, try the day/night profile as it seems to work as we expect it to.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try a couple of things:

As @dubber said, this new GUI seems to work better with 24 hour format instead of 12 hour. I noticed the schedule had a mine of its own until I went with 24 hour.

Under day/night - force it in color during the day. That might keep it from switching.

You have a grey gap on the timeline - button the day and night together.

If that doesn't work, try the day/night profile as it seems to work as we expect it to.
Won't let me select color full time for day. I did do color for day full time under customized, but still switched when I logged out.

Reaction score
I'll take one as well
Sorry, realized you’re talking about a black one

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am guessing all that dark paint was mistaken for low light LOL.

I would force the camera into color during the day and then force it B/W at night.

I don't think any of my cameras are on auto.
Using "Day/Night Switch", won't let me change from auto to force color for day and B/W for night.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am guessing all that dark paint was mistaken for low light LOL.

I would force the camera into color during the day and then force it B/W at night.

I don't think any of my cameras are on auto.
So, just figured out that you have to set full time color or B/W under "Customized Scene" first. Then, when using "Day/Night Switch" I can run full time color for day and B/W for night.