Mini-Review - 5241-Z12E-S2 - Replacement for the 5241-Z12E

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
and their ISP threw a fit within 2 days and called them and said if whatever device is IPC-LPR isn't removed from their internet they will be cut off. We found out Spectrum unlimited really is limited LOL.
Yeah we talk often about how if you try to stream cameras 24/7 to like a cloud service that the ISP may get mad even if unlimited, I just didn't think it would be within 2 days LOL. I was only streaming the substream LOL. I am sure there are probably ways to stream and be ok, but I just wanted to try it this way to see how stable it was. It wasn't LOL.
Yikes. From just one sub stream!!? And all local traffic within their LOCAL NETWORK? Geez.

I've been streaming one cam at around 1.5 Mbps from my grandma's apartment on a cheap Spectrum plan, for months without complaint. Ancient cam with potato quality H.264 encoder. Just added 4 TP-Link Tapo C110 cameras (with their internet access disabled via router's scheduled access function) and now the cumulative bit rate is around 4 Mbps. How long do you think we'll get away with it???

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yikes. From just one sub stream!!? And all local traffic within their LOCAL NETWORK? Geez.

I've been streaming one cam at around 1.5 Mbps from my grandma's apartment on a cheap Spectrum plan, for months without complaint. Ancient cam with potato quality H.264 encoder. Just added 4 TP-Link Tapo C110 cameras (with their internet access disabled via router's scheduled access function) and now the cumulative bit rate is around 4 Mbps. How long do you think we'll get away with it???
Someone from Spectrum will contact you after this post soon.:blankstare:

teaser7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See if the following HTTP API will work with the new Web 5 interface on the 5241 Dahua camera.

It works perfectly on a Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR (PTZ5A4M-25X) PTZ for day/night operations using a Web 5 interface to modify the schedule without the need to drag sliders around.

Day Switch

Code:
http://admin:password@192.168.55.156/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].TimeSectionV2[7][0]=00:00:00-24:00:00 Day
Night Switch

Code:
http://admin:password@192.168.55.156/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].TimeSectionV2[7][0]=00:00:00-24:00:00 Night
The first block after V2 is the month. 0 for January and 11 for December, etc. The second bracket block will set a new time block and is not used in this application. In place of day/night other modes such as Custom or Custom1 could be used.

Thanks to prsmith777 for developing the API.
@Alaska Country Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have the API call to simply toggle day/night?

(Although your code above works, I'm not interested in TimeSectionV2)
Have not found anything in the API that will work with Web 5 to only change day/night like in the older camera GUI. The one that did work, changed from color to B/W, but would not alter any of the other camera settings in Web 5.

The only API that continues to work is using the schedule to change modes. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be way to work around the 'Time Schedule-Time Section" at this point. Maybe, if someone pokes around enough one can be found. It would appear that Dahua has removed that ability when Web 5 was added to the product line.

Have been using LUX and Hubitat to change day/night modes on all of the Dahua BI cameras. At this point 100% success. The only change was to highlight all of the months in purple (night) in the camera GUI so that there would not be a dead band when updating from month to month in Web 5.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the NEW S2 IPC-B52IR-Z12E we use the brand new packaging way, Box is more recyleable, get the black one today, here are the pics @StevenFromTexas will be the 1st guy will receive the first lot of this black version.

Those black cameras look fantastic! I'm looking forward to replacing the four old-version white cameras with the updated black ones at my house. :)

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Z12E-S2 won't hold the "customized scene" setting when it gets a little overcast. Switches to night and the picture gets blown out. As soon as I log in, it switches to "day". And I'M using IE.

View attachment 171186View attachment 171187
I installed four black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 cameras last weekend. Two of them are used for license plate capture, are run in black and white twenty-four hours a day, and do not exhibit the problem you have stated. However, the other two are run in color twenty-four hours a day and exhibit the problem you have described. As soon as I log in to the camera in Internet Explorer and switch to the Camera settings menu, the Working Mode instantly switches from Self-adaptive to Customized Scene and the camera is back to normal. But it will wash out again as soon as I log out of Internet Explorer most of the time or shortly after I exit Internet Explorer.

This problem started immediately after installation. To make matters worse, the problem also usually happens at night with the two cameras run in color twenty-four hours a day, except the picture goes mostly black instead of mostly white.

So there are at least two of us with a new problem.

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I installed four black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 cameras last weekend. Two of them are used for license plate capture, are run in black and white twenty-four hours a day, and do not exhibit the problem you have stated. However, the other two are run in color twenty-four hours a day and exhibit the problem you have described. As soon as I log in to the camera in Internet Explorer and switch to the Camera settings menu, the Working Mode instantly switches from Self-adaptive to Customized Scene and the camera is back to normal. But it will wash out again as soon as I log out of Internet Explorer most of the time or shortly after I exit Internet Explorer.

This problem started immediately after installation. To make matters worse, the problem also usually happens at night with the two cameras run in color twenty-four hours a day, except the picture goes mostly black instead of mostly white.

So there are at least two of us with a new problem.
Nothing like quoting yourself like I'm doing right now. :rolleyes:

Two posters, dubber and wittaj, both earlier suggested changing the time to military format. That appears to be the solution IF the time change is made on the Dahua NVR and not just on the two cameras running in color twenty-four hours a day. So right now, all of my cameras are on military time and the two problem cameras aren't in problem mode at this time.

I'll see what happens over the next twenty-four hours and report back.

Andy, you need to have a talk with the Dahua programmers! :idk:

toshrick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you.
I just received this camera from Andy, Are there any needed updates for this camera?
I looked on Andy's website and only was able to find the original camera update.