Mobile Profile/Viewing Suggestions

Mr V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping I could get help troubleshooting my mobile viewing lag. Using an S10 and the blue iris app, live viewing typically has no issue on LAN or WAN, but viewing recordings is hit or miss. 80% of the time it works with less then 2 seconds delay. Other times though, it takes 5+ seconds to load a recording and if you seek you wait the 5+ seconds again. It's especially bad with our front 4k camera. It doesn't matter if we are on LAN or WAN. I have tried all 3 of these profiles and all experience the delay:

Quality: 50%
Limit Bitrate: 512
GOP: 300
Max B-Frames: 1
HLS: 3 sec
Resize output: 1280 x 720

Limit Bitrate: 1024
GOP: 100
Resize output: N/A

Limit Bitrate: 256
GOP: 300
Resize output: 1280 x 720

BlueIris runs on an unraid server with 6 cores of a Ryzen 7 1700 dedicated to it and 6GB of memory. I never see CPU usage go above 40%. All cameras are limited to 6-8FPS and Hikvision or Dahua

Thank you for any help

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried it from another computer on your LAN instead of your phone? Not a WiFi connected laptop but another computer with an Ethernet cable attached right to your LAN switch.

What are the drives and how is it setup on Unraid? Unraid is probably doing parity calculations when writing data so depending upon the load of the system, drives, etc... that may account for your delays. But if it works fine via another computer on your LAN we can rule that out.

Mr V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for replying, and sorry for the delay.
Yes, I tried with an ethernet computer too. What's odd is now it seems constant where viewing all cameras' recordings has a slight 1-2 second delay before starting, except for the one camera. The one camera is a Dahua (Which I have a few of), but is the only 4k camera. Now the recordings don't load under any profile. They are just black with the time increasing like it is running