Moving from Analog to Digital

jazzy29

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been looking at moving from my analog system to an IP camera system.Can I get some reccomendations on what would be a good NVR for under $500 (8ch-16ch)?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been looking at moving from my analog system to an IP camera system.Can I get some reccomendations on what would be a good NVR for under $500 (8ch-16ch)?
Welcome Jazzy,

Are you looking to also get cameras for the system? Or do you want to keep using your older analog cameras?

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you,

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

jazzy29

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Jazzy,

Are you looking to also get cameras for the system? Or do you want to keep using your older analog cameras?

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you,

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.
Hello mat200,
I want to purchase an NVR, and slowley start replacing my current analog cameras with IP. I will run them side-by-side until I have replaced all the analog ones.
I'm thing of buying a 8ch or 16ch NVR, but I am not sure which model is a good one. Any reccomendations for around $500?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello mat200,
I want to purchase an NVR, and slowley start replacing my current analog cameras with IP. I will run them side-by-side until I have replaced all the analog ones.
I'm thing of buying a 8ch or 16ch NVR, but I am not sure which model is a good one. Any reccomendations for around $500?
Hi Jazzy,

A lot of us have picked up the 5216 model for a pure IP NVR.
Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Works fine, especially when you update the firmware.

There are also analog - IP combination ones, if you'd like to keep your coax cameras using the same nvr.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello mat200,
consider running a VMS package like blue iris or milestone on a pc...way more flexibility and features..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello mat200,
You should check out Dahua's Tribrid and Pentabrid DVR's that allow you to run any mix of analog and IP cameras side by side and upgrade as you can.
1U - Dahua Technology

Dahua also makes some spectacular HDCVI cameras that rival their IP brothers for less money. This one in particular is a pretty awesome Starlight bullet model
HAC-HFW3231E-Z | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology