Need help chosing cameras please

arasu

n3wb
Reaction score
camera reset password teil

kris77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have VPN set up and working on my phone. I'm still confused as how to make an app work with VPN.

I have the 5231-ZE set up. Here is a night shot from 5 mins ago. I have some tweaking to do to get it right.
Inked20180630_205112_ch1_LI.jpg

Last edited:

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have VPN set up and working on my phone. I'm still confused as how to make an app work with VPN.
enable the VPN on your phone and have the app point to the internal IP address as the VPN puts you on your internal network (same as when you are on your wifi at home)

kris77

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I just figured that out. I just have to do one extra step of connecting to vpn before viewing the cameras on the app. Not a real big deal. 5 more seconds opening the VPN app and connecting....added security to the network. It's worth it.

I have a dumb question. How do you zoom the 5231? Will software do it or is it an adjustment screw near the lens?

Last edited:

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I just figured that out. I just have to do one extra step of connecting to vpn before viewing the cameras on the app. Not a real big deal. 5 more seconds opening the VPN app and connecting....added security to the network. It's worth it.

I have a dumb question. How do you zoom the 5231? Will software do it or is it an adjustment screw near the lens?
Log into the camera, go to Camera, Conditions and then the "Zoom and Focus" tab.

kris77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'm definitely going to trim the bush back a bit.

I have one more question for you guys, I'm having trouble getting IVS to work. I've set up the tripwire in my driveway, but I get no log or email when something crosses it. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or not. I have email set up correctly. When I click "Test Email" it comes through just fine. Any ideas? I'm sure there is just a check box somewhere that's not checked.

Screenshot of IVS

upload_2018-7-6_7-54-53.png

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you enable Smart plan first?
Doesn't look like you have drawn a target filter size.
Sometimes it's best to do this setup directly in the camera instead of in the NVR.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'm definitely going to trim the bush back a bit.
..]
Hi Kris77,

Note if you run the camera in color mode 24/7 or use an external IR illuminator you have less worries about IR reflection back into the camera.
( helpful if the WAF does not allow some pruning of plants )

kris77

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say connect straight to the camera. I'm not real sure I understand what that means or even how to do that. I'm not sure I've ever been able to connect straight to the camera.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When you say connect straight to the camera. I'm not real sure I understand what that means or even how to do that. I'm not sure I've ever been able to connect straight to the camera.
When working with IVS, my suggestions are:
1) go to system configuration - schedule and tick record IVS schedule. By doing so, you can easily spot the IVS parts from the "normal" recordings
2) if you go to the IVS page on your NRV, you have the option to "send email": https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pkyWi48bySbv6CkjR-VHv8TwYEXzeMhYSAK3qZ3KAVx4yK0v8dEfpK3d893weopXchyboxUSvEiFI_JrP8bz-DmDkhS3PI2leZz_MXbIjrtz_nNO98cTzyEOKkNt5DszDMuy0OPbG7XpBCQiIOkeqW8Bxyqmfng_jroYRxCMBP6Z92XDskiaL2y9PMQHMRL-6-LSyojJHzwrbzoety8pdjk9V3B7NCtIZVgn8JbTZ0UCdGBSk5yNF663gyVkvQDTMe0bgYWSZ_jQpNe2pNziShGQ8fVj9qQI8y2iZBdrgyY-ECDKVOnfIm4uCQZ81MyeuJS1_6s93TIz-hmIU3-teNXqV5mtI9KI2zwcExEnx06dGoBsRWsFiz8-VMB11mDZ9OFX1Q27naFGvo9oBULomTrzgOwB0FCbXacm68CrJDPMfjGMWdiZPsit4IhOc5FoHjOyMS22T4mEc9ovMw_84Oi79R1y2FSQgtN878ssV9A_DpPS2KuUeqzvMK-1k2qIs3r7sFg1PlQYO0C9BsZk3GNnUuJRz5ZlRtAwmr6N5UfJwyNOAOVEru2xjr_602EJ2JJfnd_KAm5AZNY5HB95PX8qpDjS9f0RUjHGVFPNpijgooShjAavDg-Klf4CR5mK3jzbvmScyNUoryiVRz2w23aD_7sBXj7qLdrZAQ6x_iQ=w1167-h596-no
See Setting up IVS tripwire... for more information on an IVS tripwire example.

Connecting to your camera depends on how your setup was made: if going through the POE ports of your NVR, you'd probably have a hit on "http://ip-of-nvr:10080". If directly connected to your LAN, you should be able to do "http://ip-of-your-cam". For the latter, if you used DHCP for your cams, look in your DHCP list of your router. But your NVR should at least have recorded the IPs of your cams somewhere, as it's able to render the streams ;-)

Good luck!

kris77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have IVS setup on my camera and i literally get 200 emails a day. I mean a butterfly will cross the line and it sends and email. Is there a way to drop the sensitivity down?

I disabled it right now and am going to try motion detection for a while to see if that does what I want it to. I'm confused as to what anti-diter means in that menu. So much to learn with these cameras. And I really never did figure out how to log straight into the camera without going through the dvr. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

Also, I had the LOG box checked on IVS, but when i go to playback my recordings, i could never see where the IVS tripped in the timeline.

And the only way I can the NVR to connect is with the APP Easy Viewer in Chrome. Firefox or IE or Edge will not work for me.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have IVS setup on my camera and i literally get 200 emails a day. I mean a butterfly will cross the line and it sends and email. Is there a way to drop the sensitivity down?

I disabled it right now and am going to try motion detection for a while to see if that does what I want it to. I'm confused as to what anti-diter means in that menu. So much to learn with these cameras. And I really never did figure out how to log straight into the camera without going through the dvr. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

Also, I had the LOG box checked on IVS, but when i go to playback my recordings, i could never see where the IVS tripped in the timeline.

And the only way I can the NVR to connect is with the APP Easy Viewer in Chrome. Firefox or IE or Edge will not work for me.
I personally like SmartPSS (download on Dahua website) to configure & playback NVR recordings. If properly configured (eg. in schedule verify you have ORANGE bars, otherwise IVS triggers are not recorded!), you can "smart" playback through SmartPSS: you define a time period, which streams (eg cam 1 & cam 3) and which "detection" (eg. all recordings [if you do 24/7], motion detect, .. or IVS-only) - then you'll see the bars in ORANGE coming back, which makes it really easy to spot the different recordings.

Hope this helps!
CC