need help please

TheOne4eva

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm very new to ip cameras and networking. I have two dahua ip cameras connected to my unmanaged poe switch. the switch is connected to my netgear router and PC. when i check my router for connected devices I only get one ip address for the cameras. so when I go to the web interface it shows one camera and then randomly switches to the other camera. they are sharing the same ip address which is not what I want correct? any guidance is appreciated.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when the cameras ship from factory they probably all are set to the same static IP address, so you'd need to connect one and then logon via its web interface and configure it, assign it an IP address (different from the factory default) to suit your network, then repeat for the second camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm very new to ip cameras and networking. I have two dahua ip cameras connected to my unmanaged poe switch. the switch is connected to my netgear router and PC. when i check my router for connected devices I only get one ip address for the cameras. so when I go to the web interface it shows one camera and then randomly switches to the other camera. they are sharing the same ip address which is not what I want correct? any guidance is appreciated.
Welcome @TheOne4eva

You will need to configure each camera with it's own IP address.

Please see the cliff notes - we have documentation there on how to setup the cameras
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk