Need Help with Dahua PTZ Drive Belt Replacement & Power-On Issue After Outage

Reaction score
Hello IPCamTalk Community,
I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some advice and potential solutions to two issues I'm facing with my Dahua cameras.
  1. Replacement Drive Belt for PTZ Camera DH-SD59A230TN-HNI
My PTZ camera's drive belt recently snapped, and I've been unable to find a replacement through my usual channels. The part reads "TWBELT 96MXL" on the broken belt. Unfortunately, without this belt, the camera's PTZ functionality is completely down. I've attached a photo of the belt and its part info here [attach photo]. Has anyone faced a similar issue, or does anyone know where I can source a replacement belt for this specific model?
  1. Power-On Delay with Replacement Camera After Power Interruption
Additionally, I'm encountering a perplexing issue with another Dahua camera (model and details below) that I bought as a replacement. After any sort of power interruption, it refuses to power back on for an extended period, sometimes days, despite the power being restored almost immediately. This issue persists even after swapping out the POE injector and cables, suggesting it's not a simple power supply issue.
  • Device Type: 6C3425XBPV
  • System Version: V2.812.0000040.0.R, Build Date: 2022-09-28
  • WEB Version: V3.2.1.1318090.P9
  • ONVIF Version: 21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)
  • PTZ Version: V2.401.0000002.9.RHNCD_220615_41850
  • S/N:
  • Security Baseline Version: V2.2
I'm at a loss for what's causing this and how to fix it. Could it be a firmware issue, or is there something else at play? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you resolve it?
Any advice, insights, or recommendations from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello IPCamTalk Community,
I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some advice and potential solutions to two issues I'm facing with my Dahua cameras.
  1. Replacement Drive Belt for PTZ Camera DH-SD59A230TN-HNI
My PTZ camera's drive belt recently snapped, and I've been unable to find a replacement through my usual channels. The part reads "TWBELT 96MXL" on the broken belt. Unfortunately, without this belt, the camera's PTZ functionality is completely down. I've attached a photo of the belt and its part info here [attach photo]. Has anyone faced a similar issue, or does anyone know where I can source a replacement belt for this specific model?
  1. Power-On Delay with Replacement Camera After Power Interruption
Additionally, I'm encountering a perplexing issue with another Dahua camera (model and details below) that I bought as a replacement. After any sort of power interruption, it refuses to power back on for an extended period, sometimes days, despite the power being restored almost immediately. This issue persists even after swapping out the POE injector and cables, suggesting it's not a simple power supply issue.
  • S/N:
I'm at a loss for what's causing this and how to fix it. Could it be a firmware issue, or is there something else at play? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you resolve it?
Any advice, insights, or recommendations from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
I think I found the belt on Amazon, MISUMI, and McMaster Carr has all different MXL belts

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I was ordering the belt I would order from MISUMI. They are located in the US, I have order from them when I was building my 3D printer. Their service was great.

YaTiCo

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I found the belt on Amazon, MISUMI, and McMaster Carr has all different MXL belts

Thank you! I swear I looked Amazon eBay and about two dozen other suppliers and couldn’t find one but it’s been about 2-3 months before I last looked. I hope the rubber is okay in place of the synthetic material.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about my issue with the Power-On Delay with Replacement Camera After Power Interruption, any help would be much appreciated.

• S/N:

I'm encountering a perplexing issue with another Dahua camera (model and details below) that I bought as a replacement. After any sort of power interruption, it refuses to power back on for an extended period, sometimes days, despite the power being restored almost immediately. This issue persists even after swapping out the POE injector and cables, suggesting it's not a simple power supply issue.