need recommendation for security system 16 cam

jptec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for system for 16 channel , 16 camera for small bussiness, 2k - 4k camera. Can you guy help me recommend a system and where to buy them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for system for 16 channel , 16 camera for small bussiness, 2k - 4k camera. Can you guy help me recommend a system and where to buy them.
Welcome @jptec

Remember to review the cliff notes and wiki.

Do you have any functional requirements?
Indoor, outdoor?
Day time coverage? Night time coverage?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read,study,plan before spending money. PLAN PLAN PLAN....

If your initial need is for 16 cameras , build on purchase a 32 camera NVR or PC (Blue Iris). You will more than likely need more cameras.

Need detailed site requirement, type of business, doors, threats, inside or outside cameras, Distant and area to cover.

Last edited:

jptec

n3wb
Reaction score
it for a jewelry store with 1000 square feet, thinking 2 cam front out side good for night vision, 2 cam back outside good nite vision, 4-6 good day time camera in front where they shop. the rest of camera are spreed out the store . Store are 13 width feet x 80 feet long.

Is there a pro vs con of nvr or pc?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for a jewelry store , mount at least two camera inside to cover the front door. Mount the cameras low, no more than 6.5 feet. The key with mounting the cameras is not only to see what happened, but who did it. Face shots are very important.

I believe all the cameras will be running 24/7 continuous recording.
Stick with a single camera vendor either Dahua or Hikvision.

This site has a mixture of Ideas on PC vs NVR. I use a PC for home use. I do not have a business but if I did I would stick with an NVR for a small business. I woul use atleast 2 8TB disk drives.

Dahua
NVR5432-16P-4KS2
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

please read the wiki

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it for a jewelry store with 1000 square feet, thinking 2 cam front out side good for night vision, 2 cam back outside good nite vision, 4-6 good day time camera in front where they shop. the rest of camera are spreed out the store . Store are 13 width feet x 80 feet long.

Is there a pro vs con of nvr or pc?
HI @jptec

Cheap or expensive jewelry store?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 , small store , but does have diamonds so mid-range.
Hi @jptec

In addition to the starlight models SouthernYankee recommends, I would consider the following also

Dahua OEM 2MP starlight mini-dome wedges
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS
and IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M
Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

As you note you have a small store - those would be useful in locations where the camera can be placed closer to any potential suspects.

I would look at the newer 8MP IPC-HFW1831E as well as the varifocal and dome versions for internal coverage when the shop is open.

Take some time to plan it out well, you want to get good coverage on anyone palming products as well as the usual night time thefts.

Make certain you can get a good image of any car the thieves may use, as well as good images of eyes. ( thus why I really like the mini-domes at face level by the door - as well as a varifocal which will focus on getting a straight on facial ID shot of anyone coming in. )

jptec

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 , @SouthernYankee
I email Andy and he recommend me these. I am thinking buy from him base on recommendation here.

IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS 4MP
IPC-HFW1831E or IPC-HFW2831T-ZS
NVR4216-16p-4ks2

I attached store plan and where i am thinking put camera combine with . Mainly front are day light, good detail camera and dome for look. Back don't really matter. Outside back rain proof bullet and camera is 8mp for similar price.

Can you advice it look ok?

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would go with a bigger NVR so if you need to add more that 16 cameras there is room to grow. NVR4232-16p-4ks2.

I am not a good nvr person. Put i believe that the NVR can only support two cameras at 4k at 30 fps. Not sure how many at 15 fps.

Most people here recommend 15 fps for all cameras.