Nest Cams all dropped signal

HHWear

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a mixture of both, both worked fine until the power recycle..... will check the rtmps URL again to make sure they have not changed..... which it appears they have not.....

Nest Cam Setting Blue Iris 2.PNG

HHWear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @HHWear

OUCH!

I would recommend selling those on Ebay ASAP before they depreciate too much.

For several grand you can get some top notch IP PoE cameras and a PoE switch, boxes of Cat6 cable and tools to do a good install.

Yes, cabling will take time - but the results are well worth it if you own the property.

Not an option, but thanks........

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not an option, but thanks........
It is an option, you first need to admit you made a mistake. Then do the right thing. It wont cost you any additional money. Wait till your isp starts data capping...

HHWear

n3wb
Reaction score
Never heard back from support, so I found a different product to display the video feeds. Even with the up and down feed my delay is only 3 seconds, and I am fine with that.

HHWear

n3wb
Reaction score
I will give it a try..... using a different program now. BI support stated they were working on a fix.... so this is a known issue. Thanks

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
for some reason the RTMPS will not work , just the HTTPS/JPEG...
has anyone any ideas please? I only want to try the alternative as the HTTPS is 1fps max

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My 2 Nest cams and my Nest Hello are still working in BI. Check to see if you RTMPS URL has changed. This has happened to me before.

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My 2 Nest cams and my Nest Hello are still working in BI. Check to see if you RTMPS URL has changed. This has happened to me before.
Hi mate.
Can you please explain where i find out about the RTMPS URL? All i do to get it to show my nest hello on BI is : add the public sharing link and use the Https drop down from the 3 choices.
Is there another way I should do it?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The RTMPS URL can be determined using Microsoft Edge. Go to your public link from the Nest camera in Edge. Right click on the video stream in Edge and go to inspect element. Copy the entire https URL. It should look something like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus_aac/Unique Identifier"

You will need to remove the suffix after nexus. You then go into BI and select RTMPS and paste the URL. The corrected URL looks like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus/Unique Identifier"

The quotes that I put in don't need to be included (I put them there because the forum is changing the links to something strange).

From reading other posts, it appears that Google removed the RTMPS URL section recently, but you can still use the same modified URL that they give you that is HTTPS.

I hope that this makes sense. If you have any questions just let me know.

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The RTMPS URL can be determined using Microsoft Edge. Go to your public link from the Nest camera in Edge. Right click on the video stream in Edge and go to inspect element. Copy the entire https URL. It should look something like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus_aac/Unique Identifier"

You will need to remove the suffix after nexus. You then go into BI and select RTMPS and paste the URL. The corrected URL looks like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus/Unique Identifier"

The quotes that I put in don't need to be included (I put them there because the forum is changing the links to something strange).

From reading other posts, it appears that Google removed the RTMPS URL section recently, but you can still use the same modified URL that they give you that is HTTPS.

I hope that this makes sense. If you have any questions just let me know.
Hi again.
I got it working as you described.
Thank you pmcross!

Mac13

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this still work? I used Microsoft Edge to "inspect element" for my Nest Hello but I don't see a link similar to what you mentioned "stream-us1..."

Thanks!

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does this still work? I used Microsoft Edge to "inspect element" for my Nest Hello but I don't see a link similar to what you mentioned "stream-us1..."

Thanks!
Unfortunately this method no longer works. Now you need to select Nest/Dropcam as the make and RTMPS via public page as model and then put the public URL in the address bar in the camera properties.