NEW 1080P Wifi Video Doorbell!

Freshmaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the link to the Latest Firmware. A couple of changes are listed below but would like your feedback to see if you notice any improvements as we have had very few samplings to choose from:
- no more "The subscriber is busy" notification at the doorbell if the person viewing the app doesnt answer
- Better English during setup
- Supposed to have better sound quality. Louder. I think I noticed this on my doorbell but I cant really compare it to the last one as I dont really remember. Please let me know if you noticed anything
- some people have said there is better IR performance, Not sure how thats possible on a FW upgrade but looking forward to your feedback on this
- Supposed to have better wifi connectivity. Please share your feedback.

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/media/firmware/hikvision/ipcamera/GG/nsc-db1/180515/digicap.dav
I definitely love that the "subscriber is busy" audio is gone, however it seems like the video feed is glitchier. I use Zoneminder as my capture tool and I get a lot more false alarms on my motion detectors due to video glitches (usually a horizontal strip of pixels somewhere in the frame that glitch out for a couple of seconds).

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
God granted mine is pretty far from my access point, but the video is kind of choppy. I think a POE doorbell might make more sense for me.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wpiman Is it choppy on wifi and cellular? What's your upload speed at the location?
It is choppy even when I am on the LAN accessing from a wired PC. My WAP is a Ubiquiti AP PRO located at the center of the house. The door is unfortunately about as far from the access point as you can get. My phone can get about 200 mbits over the wifi using iperf to my server in the basement when the phone is next to the access point; but at the location of the doorbell that falls to about 4 mbits/sec.

I run continuous pings to the doorbell; and I will get low pings, then will get delays of up to a second, and then it will fail.

Reaction score
I purchased this doorbell and installed it this weekend. I've noticed that the delay from pressing the doorbell to the time that my phone rings is a bit long. Is this normal?

Also, I noticed some using Guarding Vision app while others use Hik-Connect. Is one better than the other? Is there any other alternatives?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Chuck Connors, about how long does it take to ring your phone after pressing the button?

Personally I like Hik-Connect the best. Also, can you grab me the firmware version you are running on the doorbell? It should be listed at the bottom of the DB settings on the app.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had mine installed a couple of weeks now and it works great. Recording 24/7 to an Amcrest NVR but only video/audio record works. Any recommendations on alternate NVR that will allow full time record and motion detection with snap shot?

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had mine installed a couple of weeks now and it works great. Recording 24/7 to an Amcrest NVR but only video/audio record works. Any recommendations on alternate NVR that will allow full time record and motion detection with snap shot?
The doorbell is made by Hikvision and supports the Hikvision protocol. I'm using the Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 NVR and it records only on motion.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It is choppy even when I am on the LAN accessing from a wired PC. My WAP is a Ubiquiti AP PRO located at the center of the house. The door is unfortunately about as far from the access point as you can get. My phone can get about 200 mbits over the wifi using iperf to my server in the basement when the phone is next to the access point; but at the location of the doorbell that falls to about 4 mbits/sec.

I run continuous pings to the doorbell; and I will get low pings, then will get delays of up to a second, and then it will fail.
Maybe you need a WiFi Extender such as this (not sure which will / won't work with your router but as you can see from a google search, they run from cheap to v. expensive at the pro end). This one is nice and cheap!:

NETGEAR WN3000RP-200UKS WiFi Range Extender - N300, Single-band

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The doorbell is made by Hikvision and supports the Hikvision protocol. I'm using the Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 NVR and it records only on motion.
Thanks scn101 for your reply,

If I use a Hikvision NVR do you think I can do 24/7 record, take snap shots of motion send to FTP server and/or email all simultaneously? Will the Hikvision NVR web browser or software allow doorbell adjustment of all settings, motion, schedule, etc?

I’m setting up surveillance using four 1080p cameras, 2 need to record 24/7 and have motion/snap shot feature all to be controlled from NVR. If I have to purchase Hikvision cameras so be it!

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks scn101 for your reply,

If I use a Hikvision NVR do you think I can do 24/7 record, take snap shots of motion send to FTP server and/or email all simultaneously? Will the Hikvision NVR web browser or software allow doorbell adjustment of all settings, motion, schedule, etc?

I’m setting up surveillance using four 1080p cameras, 2 need to record 24/7 and have motion/snap shot feature all to be controlled from NVR. If I have to purchase Hikvision cameras so be it!
Yes, on my HV NVR I can setup for 24/7, motion, etc., on a per camera basis. You can control most of the camera's important features through the NVR, like motion sensitivity, area of interest, schedule, etc. The NVR manual is available here: http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/UploadFile/user manual & datasheet/UD.6L0202B1935A01_Baseline_Quick Start Guide of Network Video Recorder_76 77 86-E Series_V3.3.0_20150324.pdf

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds good. I just pulled the trigger on an inexpensive Hikvision mini NVR DS-7104NI-SN off Ebay for $50. Doesn't look like a US version but it is multi lingual. Possibly discontinued? I'll give an update after I try it out. Thanks again.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a pretty old model that I'm not familiar with. Hopefully you won't get the language mismatch error when adding HV cameras. Be careful updating its firmware (or just don't) as you may end up with a Chinese only speaking NVR.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a pretty old model that I'm not familiar with. Hopefully you won't get the language mismatch error when adding HV cameras. Be careful updating its firmware (or just don't) as you may end up with a Chinese only speaking NVR.
It's a Latin American firmware but is multi language. I can always return it at my cost which is fine with me. If it works with the shipped firmware I'll leave it alone. Thanks for the advice and hope to post again this Saturday.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision mini NVR DS-7104NI-SN up and running with my Uniden(Hikvision) U-Bell video doorbell. I got the doorbell configured with the Hikvision protocol not ONVIF. Appears to have full control of camera from NVR in addition to basic recording! The NVR came with FW 3.0.13 build 150429. Is it worth the risk to update to latest FW? What are the benefits?

Reaction score
So I have Firmware Version V1.4.62 build 180515 on my unit and it still has the 'subscriber is busy' message. Is there a different version of the firmware that does not do this?