New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI: Blue Iris - ONVIF triggers
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this. But I was using the Amcrest human detection as a ONVIF trigger to start recordings in Blue Iris. This suddenly stopped working and I didn't understand why since I hadn't changed anything in the Amcrest or BI settings. After some playing around, I had an SD card installed (but never use since I rely on BI). But the card became full. I reformatted it via the Amcrest app and motion triggers in BI started working again.
I didn’t even know I could use ONVIF triggers with with this cam. I’ll give it a try.

What about if you don’t use an SD card? Will it still send ONVIF triggers without it?

fatbob01

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this. But I was using the Amcrest human detection as a ONVIF trigger to start recordings in Blue Iris. This suddenly stopped working and I didn't understand why since I hadn't changed anything in the Amcrest or BI settings. After some playing around, I had an SD card installed (but never use since I rely on BI). But the card became full. I reformatted it via the Amcrest app and motion triggers in BI started working again.
My motion detection also stopped working, formatting SD card didn't help. BI states the following GetEvents Error 8000ffff:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:d="Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery)" xmlns:wsrf-bf="" xmlns:wsnt="" xmlns:ter="" xmlns:sc="" xmlns:s="">
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<s:Code>
<s:Value>s:Sender</s:Value>
<s:Subcode>
<s:Value>ter:NotAuthorized</s:Value>
</s:Subcode>
</s:Code>
<s:Reason>
<s:Text xml:lang="en">Wsse authorized time check failed.</s:Text>
</s:Reason>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone noticed on Amcrest SmartHome Apple app when a human is detected and notification pop up then you would press on the notification to open the stream but get a message something like recording is not available yet wait 30 second or try again in a minute etc etc .. I can't remember what the message exactly was but something to that effect.

I am using SD card not cloud and my other older doorbell cam would instantly playback on who approaching to my doorbell but this one I have to wait 30 or so second before I can try playing back again to see who is approaching my door. Is it a SD card thing or something in my setting I may have missed?

Thank you

charlesrg

n3wb
Reaction score
Would you be so kind to share your Blue Iris settings to get ONVIF motion events. I've tried a few different combinations but I always get error 8000FFFF.

1684710919850.png
1684710954436.png

flatulatu

n3wb
Reaction score
My motion detection also stopped working, formatting SD card didn't help. BI states the following GetEvents Error 8000ffff:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:d="Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery)" xmlns:wsrf-bf="" xmlns:wsnt="" xmlns:ter="" xmlns:sc="" xmlns:s="">
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<s:Code>
<s:Value>s:Sender</s:Value>
<s:Subcode>
<s:Value>ter:NotAuthorized</s:Value>
</s:Subcode>
</s:Code>
<s:Reason>
<s:Text xml:lang="en">Wsse authorized time check failed.</s:Text>
</s:Reason>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
I was getting this for a while and figure out if you turn off onvif login check via the api it works again.
"http://<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&UserGlobal.OnvifLoginCheck=false"

Cr4z33

n3wb
Reaction score
Was anybody able to succesfully integrate 2-way communication for the AD410 into Home Assistant?

I've tried following this video, but apart from the (2-way) feed running in a card I don't have anything else (no buttons, no script that opens the feed automatically when someone rings, etc.).

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Head up

The latest firmware cap the video fps at 15 and require a hard reset to get any new feature functioning which I see no new feature as noted in update log.

I had to downgrade to the original firmware so I could run it at 30 fps again but I might tweak it down to 20fps.

I am using Scrypted to bridge my AD410 to Apple Homekit. It working pretty good and acts like a full functional doorbell in Homekit with alert also I am using iCloud AI for human or face recognition detection and recording.

AD410 human detection and recording is all disabled but I had to change the bitrate and use H264 instead of H265 to make it work on Homekit.

If it working on your current firmware, I advise against upgrading unless you only stream it at 15fps and don’t use bridges to link it to hub or home automation.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Head up

The latest firmware cap the video fps at 15 and require a hard reset to get any new feature functioning which I see no new feature as noted in update log.

I had to downgrade to the original firmware so I could run it at 30 fps again but I might tweak it down to 20fps.

I am using Scrypted to bridge my AD410 to Apple Homekit. It working pretty good and acts like a full functional doorbell in Homekit with alert also I am using iCloud AI for human or face recognition detection and recording.

Human detection and recording are all disabled on the AD410 and I but I had to change the bitrate and use H264 instead of H265 to make it work on Homekit.

If it working on your current firmware, I advise against upgrading unless you only stream it at 15fps and don’t use bridges to link it to hub or home automation.

One more thing to add

If you are using Dahua NVR for full time recording which I am, you need to make sure auto switch to H265 is not checked when adding AD410 back on. The NVR change its’ configuration to H265 when I added it back in after setting it up in Scrypted. I learned the hard way. ugh….

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wow ……

After two full day playing with Scrypted, it one awesome piece of software. I strongly recommend everyone check into it especially those who have iPhone or any of the Apple ecosystem devices.

But it will require at least three things to use it in Apple ecosystem which are a mini pc or Raspberry PI, Apple hub, and any of Apple devices.

I started with PI3+ but switched to mini mac because I wanted to include all my security camera also I am running couple other bridges on it for my home automation and I am using Apple TV as the hub.

Scrypted did already had a plug-in for Amcrest and Homekit works as a fully functional doorbell app including button press and alerts. All my camera are Dahua so it was easy to include it in Scrypted with Amcrest plugin.

The AI is scary but fun. It’ll detect person, vehicle, animals and packages. You can select which alerts you want to receive separately on each camera and each Apple devices. The person part, you can select to enable facial recognition and link it to your photo cloud so it’ll tell you who approaching to any of your camera. You’ll need to add name to photo if you want notification to mention names. Scary yes but I liked it since now if any of my family or friend approached to my house and when I see their name pop up on notification banner, I don’t bother to open and review the clip anymore. Facial recognition can be disable and you would get “person” notification instead if it concerns you.

I’ll give Scrypted 5 stars for it functionality and 4 stars for ease of installation but that because there’s already a plugins available for the doorbell and camera.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One last thing I forgot to add.

You will need one of the iCloud storage plan to use AI and playback feature. It storage on your iCloud drive and playback from it as well too.

The playback functionality on Homekit honestly is very well designed and laid out. The icon of AI detection will appear on playback timeline for a quick review if you wanted to go back to review later or other days.

I still use my Dahua NVR to record everything 24/7 but I turn off the notification on it and using Apple AI now to do run trial on it since Apple AI only store detected event in your iCloud.

Cr4z33

n3wb
Reaction score
Was anybody able to succesfully integrate 2-way communication for the AD410 into Home Assistant?

I've tried following this video, but apart from the (2-way) feed running in a card I don't have anything else (no buttons, no script that opens the feed automatically when someone rings, etc.).
No one?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
First screenshot is Homekit dashboard and second screenshot is viewer but also a playback. Noticed it detected person as Myself and it includes face in the playback icon.

I was cleaning the len on one of my Dahua camera above the doorbell camera lol .

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, but somehow nobody cared to reply... :confused:
Did you recently update your firmware to the latest version?

Reason I asked because I have read online that some folks had lost their two-way audio after the firmware update until they did a hard reset to get it back and the latest update readme from Amcrest did state that hard reset must be done with the latest firmware.

Cr4z33

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you recently update your firmware to the latest version?

Reason I asked because I have read online that some folks had lost their two-way audio after the firmware update until they did a hard reset to get it back and the latest update readme from Amcrest did state that hard reset must be done with the latest firmware.
Yes I did, but everything is working fine (like before).

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One last thing I forgot to add.

You will need one of the iCloud storage plan to use AI and playback feature. It storage on your iCloud drive and playback from it as well too.

The playback functionality on Homekit honestly is very well designed and laid out. The icon of AI detection will appear on playback timeline for a quick review if you wanted to go back to review later or other days.

I still use my Dahua NVR to record everything 24/7 but I turn off the notification on it and using Apple AI now to do run trial on it since Apple AI only store detected event in your iCloud.
Day three. I noticed that notifications playback wasn’t instantaneous every time when I clicked on it or there a delay before it would start playing back the AI detected video.

After reading some post online and chatting in discord, it turn out facial recognition causes this type of issue so I disabled just the facial recognition and playback is snappy now.

Apple AI are still enabled and it still work great.

appdroid

n3wb
Reaction score
So I tried SmartPSS which is pretty great I have to say, I have an Amcrest too and although that has the built in web server GUI, it's nice to be able to use this app.
So on the doorbell (Lorex)
1)there is a setting under Encode, Video, Main Stream called "Watermark" - checked/unchecked it does nothing. I assumed this would be the LOREX watermark at the top left of the video, but cannot remove it
2)I can confirm that under Encode, Overlay there are settings to add text and move it "Channel Display" as well as check/uncheck Time Display - both work.
3)The API commands don't work; from what I read they assume a working web server (port) which the Lorex does not have. I tried port 3500 (one which SmartPSS uses to config) both http/https and no workie; does the AD410 have a working port 80? Seems it's default if you don't specify...

Something is now strange, under the Camera setting I messed with the brightness, turned it up a bit from 50 to 60/75 and it got grainy. Changing it back to 50, it's not sort of "pulsating" grainy on and off, this wasn't happening before I messed with it... I may do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the SmartPSS recommendation, much better than the phone app
Amcrest gives simple instructions. Upgrading firmware and full reset fixes the problem of messing up the video adjusting with manual settings. Follow link.

Last edited:

fatbob01

n3wb
Reaction score
I was getting this for a while and figure out if you turn off onvif login check via the api it works again.
"http://<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&UserGlobal.OnvifLoginCheck=false"
Edit Setting it up as generic with /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif resolved the issue.

Thanks!

This got rid of the error, but it doesn't seem to trigger anything in Blue Iris. It won't record on alerts (or trigger) of people / vehicles using onvif events only (which worked before). All actions under onvif event are configured as trigger. Do you also have this issue? I have the camera setup with make and model, not generic, if that changes anything. Using /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64 as main and /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&authbasic=64 as sub. Tried with /cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}, same result.

Last edited: