New Blog Post: How to Setup Hikvision Surveillance with Blue Iris on Windows 7

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would like to share with you my new blog post about How to Setup Hikvision Surveillance with Blue Iris on Windows 7

Please let me know what you think.

Note: I will be adding some more video tutorials in a couple of weeks when my new microphone arrives
:cool:

Last edited:

ldglad

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent post! Could not have been more appropriate for my situation. I have 2 foscams, run Blue Iris (very poorly) and will be ordering a couple Hikvisions soon. You've no doubt made things easier for me. Thanks

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys, happy to help! Still waiting on mic for video tuts, looking like Jan now

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What a great job, man. And so much of it is applicable to installation of most manufacturers. One comment, not a criticism: if you're like me, I'm anal about detail and when I find a typo later in my work that relates to a technical, non-grammatical issue, I freak. In the description of your i3-based PC build, you list the non-OS drive that I assume is for video clip storage as a 'WD' with '70GB' capacity. Did you mean '750'? That's it! A terrific job you did.

P.S. - I use 'Fing' all the time on my iPhone. When someone calls me for help setting up one of those little Chinese cams with some IP detection software I just fire up the cam, 99% time it's on DHCP and it gets an IP, I run Fing and voila! the cam shows up (usually 'Shenzhen'), I log into that IP with my browser and set it up.

Again, good stuff, man...keep up the fantastic work!

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your comments.

Funny enough I am using a 70GB HDD as my archive HDD. It's a really old WD Blue from my Pentium 4 days. I don't tend to keep footage older than 6 months. I will definitely make a mention of adding more space so that people can keep more archives.

Fing is awesome!

Thanks again

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is. It's a great tool for anyone monkeying with networks, IP cams, etc. A VERY valid point I forgot to make: when Fing finds that cam you can 'Scan services' to find the port it's on, as many of those cheap cams are on :99, not :80 and ya gotta know that to 'talk' to it with your browser and finish the config, as you know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is. It's a great tool for anyone monkeying with networks, IP cams, etc. A VERY valid point I forgot to make: when Fing finds that cam you can 'Scan services' to find the port it's on, as many of those cheap cams are on :99, not :80 and ya gotta know that to 'talk' to it with your browser and finish the config, as you know.
Thanks for pointing this out! I downloaded fing a while ago, but never really messed with it...This function is priceless..this is really useful when trying to figure out the nonstandard rtsp or media ports..
Just tested this on a hikvision i have laying around and it picked up http (80), https (443), rtsp (554), callback (7001) and httpalt/media (8000)