New cube will not add to Hikvision NVR

Lozboz

n3wb
Reaction score
I would appreciate some help. I've been at this for several hours and don't seem to be making any progress.

I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR with four cameras attached. It is running on firmware V3.0.10 build 141126. Everything has been running fine for several months, and still is.

Today I purchased a UK version Cube camera DS-2CD2432F-IW. It is running firmware v5.3.0 150513.

As with the previous cameras I plugged it in the 5th Poe socket on the the NVR The lights came on and I clicked Add Camera. It was not recognised. I'm sure that is all I did with the previous four cameras.

A bit of digging around and I established that perhaps I had to activate it by changing the admin password via SADP. Did that, still no camera found.

I changed the IP address to one in the NVR subnet range 192.168.254.25 still nothing. I plugged in a 12v supply to to camera - nothing.

Went back to SADP and changed the IP to one in my home network range and connected the camera to my network. I am able to log into the camera via my PC browser, see Live View working and amend the camera settings.

I did a full hard reset and tried again from scratch - nothing. Re-activated - nothing. Changed IP to NVR range - nothing.

Do I have a faulty camera? Which seems unlikely . OR do I have a problem with incompatible firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lozboz

n3wb
Reaction score
My apologies for lack of clarity...the new camera is not visible from either the NVR or the Hikvision web app.

Again when it has a valid IP for my network, it can be logged into directly when connected to my home LAN.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That is odd - usually 'Plug & Play' just works.
And if there is a 'Language mismatch' it's usually mentioned in an error.
But it does sound like some sort of incompatibility.

Presuming that you are accessing the NVR via the web GUI -
A couple of things I suggest to try as an experiment. The 'online' status may not appear immediately on an 'Add', I find it's useful to just switch to Live View to see if the camera connects.

With a valid LAN IP, and connected to the LAN, try adding the camera to the NVR with that IP and Hikvision protocol, port 8000, valid/activated UserID/password.
And try the same but using the 'ONVIF' model choice.
With an IP address in the range used by the PoE ports, and connected to a PoE port, try adding the camera to the NVR using 'manual' instead of 'Plug & Play' with that IP and Hikvision protocol, port 8000, valid/activated UserID/password.
And try the same but using the 'ONVIF' model choice.

I suspect 'ONVIF' will work in both cases, and 'Manual' on PoE might.

*edit* For ONVIF, the port should be 80

Lozboz

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks Alastair,

I tried all your options and was getting very despondent as they didn't seem to work.

I reset the camera again and tried the valid LAN IP option adding it manually with Hikvision model option and it worked! Great but I still wanted it PoE connection from the NVR.

Reset the IP address to the NVR range plugged it into the NVR and it connected OK...Phew!!!!

I've disconnected and reconnected OK too.

Now to see if I can get the audio to work.

Many thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Lozboz With respect to the audio, make sure you have it enabled in the video settings..in the dropdown, it must say "video and audio"

Lozboz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

I was just starting to worry that I couldn't find the option.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

I was just starting to worry that I couldn't find the option.
No problem, also note that you must set it for both the main stream and the substream...