New Dahua camera has 30s delay on Blue Iris

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try deleting the camera in BI and adding it back..
also try using find inspect.
also test the stream in vlc
I deleted the camera and added it back with it BI finding the camera, same problem
I also tested with a stream in vlc. The stream in vlc has about a 2second delay vs the BI's 30 second delay. The browser only has a .5s delay.
I also found tha the timestamp through BI on the camera is usually 1-2 seconds compared to my other 12 cameras. But them sometimes the seconds will catch up.
What a weird problem...
I've done every possible troubleshooting thing I could think of, I may just return the camera back to Andy.
Lastly, I'll try disabling Direct-to-Disc
upload_2018-9-1_8-23-21.png

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if it is BI computer problem. Disable all your other cameras. Set hardware acceleration off. Reboot the bi PC. See if you still have the delay.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted the camera and added it back with it BI finding the camera, same problem
I also tested with a stream in vlc. The stream in vlc has about a 2second delay vs the BI's 30 second delay. The browser only has a .5s delay.
I also found tha the timestamp through BI on the camera is usually 1-2 seconds compared to my other 12 cameras. But them sometimes the seconds will catch up.
What a weird problem...
I've done every possible troubleshooting thing I could think of, I may just return the camera back to Andy.
Lastly, I'll try disabling Direct-to-Disc
View attachment 32852
It's not a camera problem... email bi support... disable antivirus and check again.

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See if it is BI computer problem. Disable all your other cameras. Set hardware acceleration off. Reboot the bi PC. See if you still have the delay.
I will try this today. Unfortanteuly it takes a few hours for the 30 second delay to happen. If I restart BI, the stream is live, after some time, it picks up this delay.

Have you tested with a short oremaee Cable?
I already tried different cables.

I just updated my Intel display drivers. I had older ones due to the memory leak but it looks like that thread found a working driver (24.20.100.6194).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Although i dont believe its camera related you might want to try the latest firmware Latest New 20180813 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea
a slow building delay really points to a network issue...also did you disable the antivirus and exclude BI program folders and storage folders from scans?
try reducing the receive buffer to 1mb and see what happens. perform a long ping test and see if you are dropping packets.

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated Intel display drivers to 24.20.100.6194 have not had any issues yet.
It takes a few hours for the delay to happen but it just went about 20 hours.
Going to restart everything and see if everything is still good.
If not, I plan on changing the IP address, updating the camera firmware, and disable all other cameras.

Tanaban

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed the same issue with my IPC-HDW5231.
I haven't taken the time to find the actual fix yet. If I notice it getting off when I am doing live testing/positioning the camera, I disable the camera in BlueIris and re-enable it. That syncs it back up for a bit. That I feel your pain on this camera and you are not alone on this issue.

Need to see if the other Dahua cameras are doing it; 12mp fish eye 81230 or the 5831 are doing it.

I'm running a decent Ubiquity Unify network and am not experiencing this issue on my other non Dahua cameras.
BlueIris is running on an older intel system that doesn't have quicksync. All camera's are set to BVR container and direct to disk.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed the same issue with my IPC-HDW5231.
I haven't taken the time to find the actual fix yet. If I notice it getting off when I am doing live testing/positioning the camera, I disable the camera in BlueIris and re-enable it. That syncs it back up for a bit. That I feel your pain on this camera and you are not alone on this issue.

Need to see if the other Dahua cameras are doing it; 12mp fish eye 81230 or the 5831 are doing it.

I'm running a decent Ubiquity Unify network and am not experiencing this issue on my other non Dahua cameras.
BlueIris is running on an older intel system that doesn't have quicksync. All camera's are set to BVR container and direct to disk.
It is not dahua camera issue as the op has a bunch of others that don't have this issue... hundreds of others here don't have this issue..

ccattie

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this issue 2 days ago with my Dahua k35a camera. I rebooted the camera and recreated the camera in BI and it seemed to get better. I have notices that BI has updated 2 times in the past couple days. I don't know if there was a minor glitch that has since been fixed by that or not, but the problem went away for me.
-c

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had this issue 2 days ago with my Dahua k35a camera. I rebooted the camera and recreated the camera in BI and it seemed to get better. I have notices that BI has updated 2 times in the past couple days. I don't know if there was a minor glitch that has since been fixed by that or not, but the problem went away for me.
-c
turn off auto update in BI

vidmo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Dseg42 I too have had trouble with Dahua cams becoming delayed (sometimes over 2-3 mins) in BlueIris. I believe I have solved this but it requires two changes 1) Use H264 and not H265 on the Dahua camera 2) Change the “Receive Buffer” in BI to 1MB or less for the Dahua cams.

I have never had this issue with any other cams in my setup, only the Dahua models. Give those changes a shot and see how they work.

Update: I'm still having mixed results even with those changes. One thing I did notice when looking at the BI Status dialog was that when the Dahua cams were "running slow" in BI, the FPS that BI thought the camera was running at was lower than what the camera was actually running at and that the key frame dropped below 1.0 because of that.

I wonder if the mechanism that BI is using to determine FPS somehow is getting confused with Dahua cams and lowering itself but not raising it when it should, thus its only taking in some percentage of what is really being provided, thus the cam seems "slow" or "off".

Last edited: